Recruiting: Wesley Clark to Missouri | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Recruiting: Wesley Clark to Missouri

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What exactly (other than some fancy passes in a highlight tape) suggest that Smith is anything other than a mid-major recruit?

.. because he wears #15, duh! If that doesn't get your juices flowing, I don't know what will! J/K J/K

caw

Reaction Score
Not really sure what all the Kendall Smith love is about. Are people claiming we should offer him saying this purely off of youtube highlight videos? There's a reason why we haven't offered him. There's a reason why he's taking visits to places like San Jose State and Long Beach State. What exactly (other than some fancy passes in a highlight tape) suggest that Smith is anything other than a mid-major recruit?

I'm not on the "offer Smith" bandwagon, but he also looks pretty athletic and is 6'3. Looks to have a decent handle also. Shot does look a bit, umm, odd.

Reaction Score
You think Wes Clark was going to step in and be the #1 PG if Boat leaves? Over Napier? I highly doubt it. Clark would have been #2 or #3 as a freshman, and only #2 if Boat leaves. I realize nothing is in stone, but I don't see Wes outworking Napier or being better as a freshman.

Thats a fair point but Napier is playing off the ball this year and Clark is a very good player. Napier next year without Boatright may have been more of a hybrid 1/2 with a Clark addition (Pressey is not going to play off the ball). Clark is very solid but far from an indispensable piece to next years potential national championship run by the University of Connecticut. A junior year out of RB will be a prerequisite for that. The other pieces could easily still fall into place. Its like playing poker. UConn could have a "Big Stack" without Clark . Boat is our "full house" and a full house will win the POT in 2013-14. JMHO

caw

Reaction Score
Thats a fair point but Napier is playing off the ball this year and Clark is a very good player. Napier next year without Boatright may have been more of a hybrid 1/2 with a Clark addition (Pressey is not going to play off the ball). Clark is very solid but far from an indispensable piece to next years potential national championship run by the University of Connecticut. A junior year out of RB will be a prerequisite for that. The other pieces could easily still fall into place. Its like playing poker. UConn could have a "Big Stack" without Clark . Boat is our "full house" and a full house will win the POT in 2013-14. JMHO

IMO, if Boat has a good enough year, where he leaves for the NBA, Napier will shift back to PG full time, unless UConn gets some absolute stud PG (which I don't think exist in this class). Clark is good, but he's not that good.

Of course if Napier and Boatright both have amazing seasons this year and leave, that's another story. I'm basing this off the idea Boatright and not Napier could leave.

Reaction Score
I don't think NBA GMs would be buying Boatright after having one good year. Yes, he had a good year last year but fact is in the NBA he is going to be a small, scoring PG. Those are a dime a dozen. Right now he shoots 42% from the field 69% from the line and his TO/A is 1.78, but without a doubt I believe he will improve this season. Mostly trying to make myself believe he will be back, we got a great chance in 2013.

Reaction Score
Frank Haith: 8 years as a head coach, 2 NCAAT appearances (1 first round loss as a #2 seed and 1 second round loss as a #7 seed). Yet somehow he has now beaten JC and UConn out for two or three guards and gotten Oriakhi to transfer there from UConn. Yeah that makes sense.
I think it makes a ton of sense. We have a ton of uncertainty surrounding our program. Of course recruiting will take a hit. I don't look at it as Haith "beating" Calhoun for recruits. I think it's more that we are hurting ourselves, because recruits aren't sure who will be coaching the next couple years.

Reaction Score
I think it makes a ton of sense. We have a ton of uncertainty surrounding our program. Of course recruiting will take a hit. I don't look at it as Haith "beating" Calhoun for recruits. I think it's more that we are hurting ourselves, because recruits aren't sure who will be coaching the next couple years.

We have to deal with the cards dealt. The best poker players can win with subpar hands "Kobebean" (nice name!) . Subpar meaning any uncertainty and NCAA issues. If Boatright tears his ACL tomorrow would it be good for 2013-14's team? Of course!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do I want that to happen? Of course not!! LOL

There still are some great cards in the deck for 2013-14 to fit the NCAA title puzzle. I'm not concerned about Clark.

Reaction Score
Is there any interest from UConn in Putnam's Dayshon Smith?

Reaction Score
Is there any interest from UConn in Putnam's Dayshon Smith?

I don't think so. UConn never seems to get mentioned with him. I think he is on the wiry side at this point. He seems like a PC level prospect tops right now. If he bulks up some he might get some bigger offers.

Reaction Score
If you have legit NBA aspirations, there is no question uconn is your spot over mizzou.

If you want to play in a top pro league anywhere in the world, same thing.

If you don't know what you're doing, or aren't that good and pt is your thing, then I understand your decision.

Let's move on, this kids not very bright, or just not very good.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I don't look at it as Haith "beating" Calhoun for recruits. I think it's more that we are hurting ourselves, because recruits aren't sure who will be coaching the next couple years.

That sounds like Haith is beating Calhoun for recruits to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom