Recruiting Tidbits from Amore Article | The Boneyard

Recruiting Tidbits from Amore Article

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
UConn Makes It Official: Hires Kimani Young For New Staff

>>UConn is looking at come combination of grad transfers, undergrad transfers who would have to sit a year and true freshmen, perhaps keeping one scholarship open for a late opportunity. Some names to watch are Amir Harris, a 6-5 point guard from Maryland who originally committed to Rhode Island, then de-committed; Serrel Smith, point guard from St. Petersburg, Bryce Golden, a 6-9 forward from Maryland who de-committed from Pittsburgh in March; and grad transfer Joseph Chartouny, a guard at Fordham.<<

Verbal Commits

Verbal Commits

Verbal Commits

Joseph Chartouny

No idea if Dom has intel that the staff is targeting these kids or if he's just pulling names out of his rear, but at least it gives us something to talk about.

Reaction Score
Chartouny is known as one of the best defenders in the NCAA, but he has only put up average to better shooting numbers in one of his 3 seasons. He has some good coaches’ interest, though.

Out of the others... Amir Harris is an athletic guard who can shoot to save his life (pass), Golden is a decent finesse PF (pass), but I do like Serrel Smith. He was on Devoe’s EYBL team and seemed like a pretty good shooter with plenty of size for a 2.

I haven’t heard anything about any of these guys being connected to UConn, FWIW.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Chartouny is known as one of the best defenders in the NCAA, but he has only put up average to better shooting numbers in one of his 3 seasons. He has some good coaches’ interest, though.

Out of the others... Amir Harris is an athletic guard who can shoot to save his life (pass), Golden is a decent finesse PF (pass), but I do like Serrel Smith. He was on Devoe’s EYBL team and seemed like a pretty good shooter with plenty of size for a 2.

I haven’t heard anything about any of these guys being connected to UConn, FWIW.

I'd take Chartouny before any of those guys. He's a decent defender. Would help to create a culture here, hopefully. We're way too soft. Need somebody to bang bodies with in practice

Reaction Score
Can we psychologically handle another guard from Fordham though . . . ?

I really feel for AA. He made me pull my hair out during the season every time he threw up another brick, but I doubt the guy dreamed of ending a successful college career with the dumpster fire last season turned into. He always seemed to hustle even when he couldn't hit water from a boat.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I really feel for AA. He made me pull my hair out during the season every time he threw up another brick, but I doubt the guy dreamed of ending a successful college career with the dumpster fire last season turned into. He always seemed to hustle even when he couldn't hit water from a boat.

He was the 3rd/4th guard we needed, and would've been great in that role. Playing 30+ minutes a game probably wasn't even on his mind when he committed.

Reaction Score
Great young guy who was thrust into a role that was too big for him. Vital could be a really good first or second instant offense guy off the bench for a really good team and AA could have been a good end of the bench guy for a good team. They both found themselves in roles where they were expected to be main pieces, not fair to them.

Reaction Score
That's a pretty useless video (no comment on you Phoenix). How useful is that workout even?

Depends if your the kid or the chair! Huge upgrade for the chair sitting on a basketball floor rather than having some sweaty butt sitting on you. I would think this is one of the elite jobs for a chair and it can stand on its own 4 legs.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Those chairs weren't even in the same universe as Majok's chairs as far as being athletic goes. This kid's chairs are stiff and kind of slow. No ups at all. You're going to workout against chairs, you gotta get you some Mahok chairs.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Those chairs weren't even in the same universe as Majok's chairs as far as being athletic goes. This kid'
s chairs are stiff and kind of slow. No ups at all. You're going to workout against chairs, you gotta get you some Mahok chairs.
Why do I laugh at this stuff? No idea, but even after all these years on the BY, I still do.

Reaction Score
Depends if your the kid or the chair! Huge upgrade for the chair sitting on a basketball floor rather than having some sweaty butt sitting on you. I would think this is one of the elite jobs for a chair and it can stand on its own 4 legs.
I always wanted to see DO in that drill. I suspect the chairs would emerge victorious.

Reaction Score
That Rivals grid says he was recruited by Kimani Young at Minnesota. We can use some guard help -- if he can shoot, worth taking a good look at

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom