Recruiting Tidbits from Amore Article | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Recruiting Tidbits from Amore Article

Reaction Score
Hurley dumped the 3 recruits we had and now it is up to him to replace them with better players. The only one I was disappointed in not seeing in Storrs was Akinjo who is a 4 star.

Reaction Score
Hurley dumped the 3 recruits we had and now it is up to him to replace them with better players. The only one I was disappointed in not seeing in Storrs was Akinjo who is a 4 star.
Hurley didn’t dump Akinjo, Akinjo wanted to play under KO. I can guarantee Akinjo is the one recruit he really would’ve like to have kept.

Reaction Score
Hurley didn’t dump Akinjo, Akinjo wanted to play under KO. I can guarantee Akinjo is the one recruit he really would’ve like to have kept.
It sounded like Akinjo still had some interest in UConn but we didn't hear anything about Hurley recruiting him. Then again Hurley has been tight lipped about recruiting so you never know.

Reaction Score
Can we psychologically handle another guard from Fordham though . . . ?

Not one that shoots for such poor percentages. I was psyched about all the talk yesterday about Lecque and others and this list, if we're actually looking at this group, throws ice cold water on that optimism.

Reaction Score

This kid looks great. But that's why I don't get paid the big bucks to scout and recommend players......they all look great in these highlight videos.
Brendan Adams is rated higher than Harris if that means anything.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
It sounded like Akinjo still had some interest in UConn but we didn't hear anything about Hurley recruiting him. Then again Hurley has been tight lipped about recruiting so you never know.

Akinjo's also being recruited by a billion schools so that's no surprise.

Reaction Score
i hope this is bad info, these dudes are underwhelming. Not sure on Golden, haven't seen enough. But the HS guards here, no thanks. I think this staff can be a bit picky because they know they are going to do great in 2019 class.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
A couple of those chairs would only average 1 or 2 less rebounds per game than our last few Centers.

"There's a good chance Bobby Knight has been ejected from this game"
Ya think?

Reaction Score

That league is not bad at all. Saw a kid we know play against UCF from that league and they had a guard better than any of UCF's guards (Taylor didn't play but I really dislike his pound it forever and not look much for others game). 17 ppg in that league means he can play.

Also, his dad was a recruit I really wanted a Looooong time ago, James Scott, who ended up at St. John's! Back in the Felipe Lopez and Zendon Hamilton glory years lol!

Would love to see a grad transfer that can score at the 2 or a smaller 3, a reclassification of a 4-star type talent or better and a transfer like Washington from Minn. That would be a home run to me.

Reaction Score
That league is not bad at all. Saw a kid we know play against UCF from that league and they had a guard better than any of UCF's guards (Taylor didn't play but I really dislike his pound it forever and not look much for others game). 17 ppg in that league means he can play.

Also, his dad was a recruit I really wanted a Looooong time ago, James Scott, who ended up at St. John's! Back in the Felipe Lopez and Zendon Hamilton glory years lol!

Would love to see a grad transfer that can score at the 2 or a smaller 3, a reclassification of a 4-star type talent or better and a transfer like Washington from Minn. That would be a home run to me.

Wow, that's a blast from the past. His dad had a ton of skill, but it did not always translate so well.

Reaction Score
i hope this is bad info, these dudes are underwhelming. Not sure on Golden, haven't seen enough. But the HS guards here, no thanks. I think this staff can be a bit picky because they know they are going to do great in 2019 class.

I really trust Hurley's ability to gauge talent as he has had to find players at both Wagner and to a lesser extent, URI, to rebuild those teams. I really do not think we are just going to just "fill" a roster without some purpose. I'd like a grad transfer and then an HS guard or wing. Bank the rest and let our improved recruiters (in theory) do work.

Reaction Score
not sure what thread this should go in so sorry if it's a duplicate:

A Dime Back and 7 others liked
Sterling Gibbs‏ @SterlingGibbs4 16h16 hours ago
Wouldn’t surprise me if a guy like Isaiah Washington came back closer to home with a coach he trust... Kimani

5 replies10 retweets113 likes

Sterling seems very connected UConn. With his NJ and Seton Hall history, he has to know DH. He is probably too young, but maybe he takes a job here if KFree moves on.

Reaction Score
Sterling seems very connected UConn. With his NJ and Seton Hall history, he has to know Coach Hurley. He is probably too young, but maybe he takes a job here if KFree moves on.
I'd say RJ Evans is way more likely to come here as an assistant coach in the nearish future. Been a GA under Shaka Smart and Rick Pitino, and a legit assistant at Louisville this past season. Plus, Sterling will have a bunch of years of pro ball should he want it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom