Recruiting Closeout | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Recruiting Closeout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'd be curious if he regrets his decision in 2009 to go the "full repair" route after his knee injury. If it had been me, I would have gone for the quick 4 week turnaround, without even knowing the team was going to get to the Final Four. But that's just me. Considering that his "career" didn't turn out quite the way he may have thought, I'd be curious if he would do it differently if he had it to do over again.

Dyson is still playing basketball overseas at some of the highest levels and will probably be doing so for quite some time, who knows how his knee would've fared going the full repair or cutting out the damaged piece, but if the consensus is that if you have the option to repair, then that's the route you take for the long term outlook of the knee. Dwyane Wade said if he could do things differently he would've went for the full repair back when he was at Marquette instead of just cutting out the damage. NBA or overseas doesn't really matter, its still a source of income, it was Jerome's health and career he had to look out for.

Reaction Score
Dyson is still playing basketball overseas at some of the highest levels and will probably be doing so for quite some time, who knows how his knee would've fared going the full repair or cutting out the damaged piece, but if the consensus is that if you have the option to repair, then that's the route you take for the long term outlook of the knee. Dwyane Wade said if he could do things differently he would've went for the full repair back when he was at Marquette instead of just cutting out the damage. NBA or overseas doesn't really matter, its still a source of income, it was Jerome's health and career he had to look out for.

That just isn't true at all. You don't hear recruits or prospects saying, "NBA or Turkey, it really doesn't matter as long as I am playing professionally".

You think Mudiay would rather be playing in China than for the Sixers? I don't think so..

Reaction Score
That just isn't true at all. You don't hear recruits or prospects saying, "NBA or Turkey, it really doesn't matter as long as I am playing professionally".

You think Mudiay would rather be playing in China than for the Sixers? I don't think so..

What isn't true? I didn't imply that Jerome's ultimate goal was to play overseas, I'm saying that whether it is overseas or NBA its still his career, and if going for the surgery to repair his knee could add more years to career and his overall earning potential, then that's the best route he should take.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

Really weird take on aceboon's post. He just said that getting his knee fixed was necessary for him to pursue a pro career...wherever it was to take him.

Reaction Score
That one line jumped out me. I instantly wondered how long it would be before someone took it out of context because it had been too long since their last tantrum.

Reaction Score
Ace is right and I promise you guys like Sellers and Dyson are happy playing basketball and creating some finance in the game they love despite falling short of the NBA. There's money to be made over there and UConn has proven it with others like Willingham, EJ Harrison and so many others. The back up plan overseas is a nice one since they love the game so much and UConn has always found places for these guys.

A friend Jay Murphy, former BC player in the 80's and played 3-4 years with he Bullets in the NBA but then made a heck of a living overseas at a couple different places during another 8-10 years of hoops. It's been there as a fall back and many have made a great living from it.

Reaction Score
What isn't true? I didn't imply that Jerome's ultimate goal was to play overseas, I'm saying that whether it is overseas or NBA its still his career, and if going for the surgery to repair his knee could add more years to career and his overall earning potential, then that's the best route he should take.

I read it to mean that he didn't care if he was in the NBA or overseas as long as he was playing pro (which obv isn't true). My bad.

Agree that he is probably happy playing pro and getting paid a lot of money to do what he loves. And I also agree that I doubt he has any regrets about the surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom