Recruiting Closeout | The Boneyard

Recruiting Closeout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I hope you're right.

Kentucky really doesn't have to make up any ground on Briscoe - I don't think he's their first pick and they can afford to be choosy.

Reaction Score
All I care about is Stone, from all indications we are in the driver's seat and it is now time to close. He's a great kid and a great talent, signing him also signals to the rest of the country that Kevin Ollie is not to be messed with on the recruiting trail.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Assuming 2 ships left - Chief's forecast:
- Stone
- Mack
Note: While I thought the Briscoe visit went well; I think UK has made up ground since. I would be absolutely thrilled with Adams, Enoch, Stone and Mack.
If that doesn't happen we're going to track you and chap down and put both of you in a locked room with Jerome Dyson! We'll keep all of you in there until the season ends.

On second thought we'll take Dyson out! He doesn't deserve that fate.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Can KO be the closer we think he is? Can he really recruit prized 5 star player? If the answer is yes, then UConn will be in the conversation about the elite programs and during the FF. Recruitment is up there with winning the NC for a coach's performance.

Reaction Score
Did Stone agree to announce his decision on ESPN U? Hopefully we are in a good spot with him but is that perhaps why there is no commitment during his official visits?

Reaction Score
Did Stone agree to announce his decision on ESPN U? Hopefully we are in a good spot with him but is that perhaps why there is no commitment during his official visits?

Perhaps there is no announcement because he already stated he would make his announcement on November 12. Why are people reading more into this than needs to be.

Reaction Score
If that doesn't happen we're going to track you and chap down and put both of you in a locked room with Jerome Dyson! We'll keep all of you in there until the season ends.

On second thought we'll take Dyson out! He doesn't deserve that fate.
Quite frankly, Dyson is to busy killing it in the italian league for his first place and undefeated squad.

Reaction Score
Can KO be the closer we think he is? Can he really recruit prized 5 star player? If the answer is yes, then UConn will be in the conversation about the elite programs and during the FF. Recruitment is up there with winning the NC for a coach's performance.
KO needs a five star? I don't think so. The five star would benefit under his tuteledge. Correlation between ships and 5* is non existent. Give me the NC. Squid can drown in the 5*s. Oh, and we are the elite program!

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
be4.36628

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
All I care about is Stone, from all indications we are in the driver's seat and it is now time to close.

Take those indications with a grain of salt.

It's not a done deal - Wisconsin is still the team to beat.

Reaction Score

Do you have any inside info or are you basing it off of home team and what the Wisconsin student journalist posted on his twitter?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

Yep- I think Stone wants UConn and his family is leaning Wiscy.
I think Stone's desire to be a Husky is stronger than his parent's desire for the Badgers
I also think KO knows the decision but honoring that 11/12 date

Reaction Score
I think Stone's desire to be a Husky is stronger than his parent's desire for the Badgers
Sounds like we're getting set up to be kasongoed....or in this case maybe we're all just going to get stoned?

Reaction Score
Sir...

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Quite frankly, Dyson is to busy killing it in the italian league for his first place and undefeated squad.

Chief sat Jerome down and had a nice talk with him - - no wonder he's having so much success.

C

Chief00

I first met Jerome when he played in prep school - actually football against the Pomfret School. There were a couple years when I thought Jerome and Doug W got off track and neither had the college career they were capable of - but life goes on and to one of the poster's points - Jerome and I did talk about things in the last year - he is much more mature now - has some regrets but as Coach says you have to look to the future not the rear view mirror.

Reaction Score
I first met Jerome when he played in prep school - actually football against the Pomfret School. There were a couple years when I thought Jerome and Doug W got off track and neither had the college career they were capable of - but life goes on and to one of the poster's points - Jerome and I did talk about things in the last year - he is much more mature now - has some regrets but as Coach says you have to look to the future not the rear view mirror.

Next time you reminisce with Jerome can you tell him the BlueDogHouse escaped a water balloon barrage and sends his regards. Trust me he will know what you mean....;)

Until then thank you in advance for the prognostication of Mack & Stone to UConn. Now I can sleep easy knowing the process is over. Thanks Chief.

Reaction Score

I'd be curious if he regrets his decision in 2009 to go the "full repair" route after his knee injury. If it had been me, I would have gone for the quick 4 week turnaround, without even knowing the team was going to get to the Final Four. But that's just me. Considering that his "career" didn't turn out quite the way he may have thought, I'd be curious if he would do it differently if he had it to do over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom