Recruiting 2022: Avery Brown | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Recruiting 2022: Avery Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I haven't seen him play or watched any videos but the impression I get from these threads is he's a plus version of some of the 6th man type guards we've had over the years ala austrie, beverly, kromah, samuel, etc. Is that fair or off the mark for those of you more familiar?

Also, is there any indication an off is coming soon? Seems weird were allegedly in real well with him and could potentially land an immediate commit but haven't pulled the trigger for a potential impact kid. I know hurleys got a plan, blah blah blah and we're after (currently) higher ranked kids

People are excited because it's a local kid who gives way more interviews than your average recruit. But ultimately he's the 140th ranked recruit in the class. Probably a fair rank. He came off the bench as a reclass sophomore and averaged less than 7ppg (to be fair, on a very good team).

If the kid proves he can shoot he's top 75 talent. Solid length, athleticism, passing. Good defense for his age. I know people like to harp on the shooting comments on here, but I know that for sure. Coaches 100% were daring him to shoot this season. Saw it with my own eyes twice.

I wouldn't be thrilled with the commitment like I was with Hawkins or Diggins, but I would get it and be excited to watch him develop. If the staff knows his shooting is improving, reaching for a commit early could save some headaches later on when better teams get involved heavily.

Reaction Score
You don't think we're late compared to the other contenders? We've offered kids in 2023 already, and other PGs in 2022. I'm listening.
The staff has been in contact with him just as long as about any other school, so I don’t think the eventual date of the offer would matter at all.

I also think it’s nice to limit the number of open offers so that a UConn offer means something, in contrast to offering 50 kids in each class like we were doing pre-Hurley.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
The staff has been in contact with him just as long as about any other school, so I don’t think the eventual date of the offer would matter at all.

I also think it’s nice to limit the number of open offers so that a UConn offer means something, in contrast to offering 50 kids in each class like we were doing pre-Hurley.
It's still odd if we really want him that we haven't offered. It's been insinuated repeatedly that he's our guy at PG, but we've offered other PGs?

Reaction Score
It's still odd if we really want him that we haven't offered. It's been insinuated repeatedly that he's our guy at PG, but we've offered other PGs?

If he doesn't have an offer thay means something more than every insider on here combined. He is not the #1 option. Offers are everything in recruiting. Kids collect them like baseball cards. Good chance he gets an offer tonight though imo

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
If he doesn't have an offer thay means something more than every insider on here combined. He is not the #1 option. Offers are everything in recruiting. Kids collect them like baseball cards. Good chance he gets an offer tonight though imo
That's all I'm saying. We might like him, not love him. I think we're aiming higher.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Miss on the big targets at PG, bring in Brown I would imagine is the logic here. We've been constantly involved and I'm sure he's aware of the situation more than anyone.

Reaction Score
We bring in some good recruits and all of a sudden we expect everyone we get to be top 50... what a place the Boneyard is.

Last edited:

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
We could also be assessing HIS view on things ... if we do bring in a higher ranked PG in 2022, is he still willing to commit and compete? Maybe he tells them "if I'm not your #1 option I'd probably be looking at other high major options" and that gives the staff an idea, based on where they feel they are with other kids, what to do.

Recruiting goes both ways.

Reaction Score
People are excited because it's a local kid who gives way more interviews than your average recruit. But ultimately he's the 140th ranked recruit in the class. Probably a fair rank. He came off the bench as a reclass sophomore and averaged less than 7ppg (to be fair, on a very good team).

If the kid proves he can shoot he's top 75 talent. Solid length, athleticism, passing. Good defense for his age. I know people like to harp on the shooting comments on here, but I know that for sure. Coaches 100% were daring him to shoot this season. Saw it with my own eyes twice.

I wouldn't be thrilled with the commitment like I was with Hawkins or Diggins, but I would get it and be excited to watch him develop. If the staff knows his shooting is improving, reaching for a commit early could save some headaches later on when better teams get involved heavily.
Didn’t you just post this like last week buddy...

Reaction Score
The above tweets from @jakeweingarten were in reference to NMH's open run scrimmages. Avery Brown's stats from the five sessions:

10/15: 17 pts (7/13 fgs), 9 rebs, 11 assts
10/13: 22 pts (10/20 fgs), 8 assts
10/11: 18 assts
10/10: 10 pts (5/12 fgs). 10 assts
10/9: 28 pts (14/28 fgs), 9 rebs, 5 assts

And a recent video:

Reaction Score
Avery Brown on Twitter: "Blessed to receive an offer from Virginia Tech https://post original url/Tp1FmxSTAy" / Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom