Recruiting: 2013 and such! | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Recruiting: 2013 and such!

Status
Not open for further replies.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Maya Moore, in her freshman year, was the leading score at 17.8 points per game and led the team in field goal attempts with 506 shots; Which was 142 more than Tina Charles and 38 more than Renee Montgomery. Of Maya's 506 field goal attempts, 174 were three pointers(34%). It is possible that Renee was the first option when the season started. In the Rutgers game that UConn lost at the RAC, late in the game with about 30 seconds left, UConn was down three and called a timeout. Out of that timeout, there was a turnover at the top of the key on a play obviously set up for Renee. Later that month against LSU down in Baton Rouge, UConn found themselves down 57-55 after a furious run by LSU. Out of the UConn timeout, the ball, this time, went to Maya. Among Coach Auriemma's post game comments was something to the effect that it appears that they have found their go to player.

It is hard to believe that your All American is not the primary option. As early as the aformentioned LSU game, a number of pundits, among them Carolyn Peck, had Maya Moore among the top three players in the country. Coach Auriemma both in this linked article and on his show was touting Maya Moore for Big East Player of the Year.)

Nice argument, but I'll stand by what I said. Montgomery, Charles, Moore.

(by the way "go to player" and "first option" are not the same)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
IMO, if Stef doesn't improve her rebounding skills she will be pushed hard for PT by Kiah.
We'll have to see how Kiah recovers from her surgery. Hopefully that doesn't push her back. And with Stef as good as she is, having Kiah pushing her for PT would be a great thing.

I continue to feel that Morgan and Moriah will be important contributors to our success next season.
Let's hope so.

It surprises me that so many BYs expect that Breanna will have a central and major role in UConn having a successful season.

Yet, she, like Morgan/Moriah, hasn't experienced a single official practice at UConn.

More realistically, IMO, we should hope that she is able to approach or equal KML's freshman year.

I think you underestimate Stewart. Don't think KML level here (i.e. Bird, Charles, Lobo), think DT or Maya level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom