Recipe for the 'Yard | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Recipe for the 'Yard

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
My wife has a similar (and by similar, I mean it contains apples) dish she makes that she calls "apple something."

It starts with philo dough abd butter instead of croisants, but hell, that's pretty much the same thing, Then there's lots of apple chunks, some apple sauce, a bunch of cinnamon, nutmeg, red pepper flakes and naturally some sugar. There's whip cream and other stuff too, but I'm not privy to the real secrets of her desert and baked good wizardry.

Reaction Score
My wife has a similar (and by similar, I mean it contains apples) dish she makes that she calls "apple something."

It starts with philo dough abd butter instead of croisants, but hell, that's pretty much the same thing, Then there's lots of apple chunks, some apple sauce, a bunch of cinnamon, nutmeg, red pepper flakes and naturally some sugar. There's whip cream and other stuff too, but I'm not privy to the real secrets of her desert and baked good wizardry.
sounds very interesting; it should be flakey; what really interests me is her difficulty in thinking of a proper name. It sounds as if it is something like a strudel, but not really. I sort of based mine on a bastard stepchild of bread pudding and apple pie with cheddar.

Reaction Score
I have a recipe for today everyone should try it 5 minutes before tip off:

shot of Goldschlager mixed with a shot of Captain Morgan - chill and shake our into a big shot glass and fire it down. Arrrgghhhh you will have found yourself a "Pirates Treasure" ;)

FYI if you want the real treasure you need to float the Captain on the Goldschlager so y9u can see the "gold flakes" below/buried.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Recipe for propylene-glycol free Fireball Whiskey. I had it for the first time last spring when a group of parents held a backyard party for our children that were heading off to the prom. After lecturing the kids about not drinking at the prom, we sent them off in the limo. That's when my friend brought out a tray filled with fireball shots. It was a fun evening. :)

Ingredients:
1 Bottle of Bourbon Whiskey
8-10 cinnamon sticks
1/3 cup of raw sugar

Chili oil:
1 Tablespoon chili flakes
1/2 Tablespoon of vegetable oil

Instructions:
1. Pour one bottle of bourbon into a large container or pitcher.
2. Wrap the cinnamon sticks in cheesecloth to create a tea bag. Put the bag into the pitcher of whiskey to steep.
3. Stir in the raw sugar. Let the whiskey and cinnamon teabag steep for up to eight days.
4. Make the chili oil: In a small nonstick pan, stir together chili flakes and vegetable oil. Gently warm the oil and chili flakes over low heat for approximately five minutes. Remove from heat and allow the oil to cool completely before straining it through a fine mesh sieve and transferring to a squeeze bottle.
5. Remove the cinnamon tea bag from the whiskey. Stir in two drops of the chili oil.
6. Taste and adjust the level of chili oil to your liking.
7. Return the flavored whiskey to a bottle that can be tightly sealed. The spiced whiskey can be kept for three to six months and is great served straight, on the rocks, or combined with your favorite soda.

Reaction Score
Recipe for propylene-glycol free Fireball Whiskey. I had it for the first time last spring when a group of parents held a backyard party for our children that were heading off to the prom. After lecturing the kids about not drinking at the prom, we sent them off in the limo. That's when my friend brought out a tray filled with fireball shots. It was a fun evening. :)

Ingredients:
1 Bottle of Bourbon Whiskey
8-10 cinnamon sticks
1/3 cup of raw sugar

Chili oil:
1 Tablespoon chili flakes
1/2 Tablespoon of vegetable oil

Instructions:
1. Pour one bottle of bourbon into a large container or pitcher.
2. Wrap the cinnamon sticks in cheesecloth to create a tea bag. Put the bag into the pitcher of whiskey to steep.
3. Stir in the raw sugar. Let the whiskey and cinnamon teabag steep for up to eight days.
4. Make the chili oil: In a small nonstick pan, stir together chili flakes and vegetable oil. Gently warm the oil and chili flakes over low heat for approximately five minutes. Remove from heat and allow the oil to cool completely before straining it through a fine mesh sieve and transferring to a squeeze bottle.
5. Remove the cinnamon tea bag from the whiskey. Stir in two drops of the chili oil.
6. Taste and adjust the level of chili oil to your liking.
7. Return the flavored whiskey to a bottle that can be tightly sealed. The spiced whiskey can be kept for three to six months and is great served straight, on the rocks, or combined with your favorite soda.

Wow I have to try that sounds really good. Thanks Nan

Similar to JD Fire?

Reaction Score
1 part nog, 5 parts Myers rum.
"Have some madeira my dear; It's really an excellent year... the evil gin does is hard to assess, so have some madeira my dear."

"Be prepared is the Boy Scout's marching song.
"Be prepared as through life you go along.
"Be prepared to hold your liquor pretty well.
"Don't write words on walls that you can't spell.

And if you meet a girl scout who is similarly inclined,
Don't be flustered, don't be scared;
Be Prepared."

Curiouser
Reaction Score
You think this bunch can be soothed by an Apple Thingy? What planet are you on?
It is a delectable dessert of three layers.

Reaction Score
I have made some improvements, no caloric reductions, just more self indulgence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom