Recipe for the 'Yard | The Boneyard

Recipe for the 'Yard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Once again the Yard festers with discontent; I fear it will only become worse. I have no solution for the on court problems, but perhaps I can offer some solace to yarders. I offer the hope, nay the actuality of a recipe which may alleviate some mental and digestive suffering. I have spent several years working on this particular recipe. I wish to share my good fortune with my fellow yarders.

It is modestly called "The Apple Thingy." It is a delectable desert of three layers. The first layer is croissants
moistened with heavy cream and covered with a very special applesauce made with among other things calvados, the French apple brandy. The second layer begins with croissants moistened with heavy cream covered with sliced apples, crystalized ginger and more calvados. The Final layer consists of croissants
covered with aged cheddar. Ice cream is an option you might consider.

Full directions and ingredient list are available via email: zymurgp@aol.com.

I cannot hope to remove the heartfelt pain which accompanies a UConn loss, but I can promise yummy in the tummy. I fear that I have once again offended reluctant readers, so adieu.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I like the direction you're going

I might add people shouldn't be offended if someone disagrees with them, but it is the WWW

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
slob cuisine!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
slob cuisine!
I expect that the full recipe ends with something along the lines of:

"Change into house pants, top with ice cream of choice (optional) and enjoy."

Reaction Score
This sounds good but at the end needs to be topped with an extra Lipitor.

Reaction Score
I'm curious about this recipe but I'm worried if I send zymurg an email I'll start receiving those "100 FREE HOURS of America Online" CDs.
It's a real recipe which has been a big favorite with a variety of diners. I will elaborate somewhat. How to make a great apple sauce: follow these directions:
1. Peel and core 3 medium apples.
2. Cut into small pieces.
3.Place in a small pot together with 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water.
4. Stir to dissolve the sugar.
4. Bring to a boil, cover and cook for 15 minutes on low heat. add cinnamon at least 1 TBS; I use more.
5. Remove the cover and cook for 15 more minutes, mash the apples using a slotted spoon.
6. When there is no visual liquid add the zest of one lemon and the liquid from the lemon.
7. Continue cooking uncovered until the liquid is gone. Stir occasionally .
8. Add 3 oz of Calvados, again heat until the liquid is gone. Stir to mix.
9. Turn off the heat and cover until you are ready to serve.

notes: zesting is best done with a microplane; an apple corer is useful (get an all metal one). If Calvados isn't easily available, then Apple Jack is an acceptable substitute. I use Golden Delicious apples, but a variety of apples work well.

Reaction Score
This sounds good but at the end needs to be topped with an extra Lipitor.
If you are concerned about Cholesterol, eat small pieces. You could substitute half and half for the heavy cream. I've never tried to eliminate the cream entirely; milk doesn't do it justice.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Zymurgy in a nutshell...

1) Watches Maryland game.

2) Contemplates Maryland game for two days.

3) Makes his peace with it.

4) Applies first aid to the Boneyard's soul.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Zymurgy in a nutshell...

1) Watches Maryland game.

2) Contemplates Maryland game for two days.

3) Makes his peace with it.

4) Applies first aid to the Boneyard's soul.
5) All the while disguising his sage basketball advice, which must be decoded:

The three layers of croissants = our need for a base offense consisting of three guards. The first, or base layer, is obviously Jalen, made from "very special" ingredients; the second is Rodney, a little older, but slicing with a little zip (ginger); and the third is clearly our most aged, Sterling.

The ice cream is whatever we get from our front court du jour.

Daniel is the Calvados, or the fuel that makes the whole thing transcend when combined and cooked to perfection.

A delectable dessert, indeed.

Reaction Score
Gonna need warm subsistence to get through this awful blizzard we are currently experiencing that is making hopes for success in our expedition appear bleak

Dove

Reaction Score
5) All the while disguising his sage basketball advice, which must be decoded:

The three layers of croissants = our need for a base offense consisting of three guards. The first, or base layer, is obviously Jalen, made from "very special" ingredients; the second is Rodney, a little older, but slicing with a little zip (ginger); and the third is clearly our most aged, Sterling.

The ice cream is whatever we get from our front court du jour.

Daniel is the Calvados, or the fuel that makes the whole thing transcend when combined and cooked to perfection.

A delectable dessert, indeed.
But where do the flying papers fit in? This is key.

Dove

Reaction Score
It's a real recipe which has been a big favorite with a variety of diners. I will elaborate somewhat. How to make a great apple sauce: follow these directions:
1. Peel and core 3 medium apples. Macintosh? Gala? My faves are Honeycrisp and Braeburn.
2. Cut into small pieces.
3.Place in a small pot together with 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water.
4. Stir to dissolve the sugar.
4. Bring to a boil, cover and cook for 15 minutes on low heat. add cinnamon at least 1 TBS; I use more.
5. Remove the cover and cook for 15 more minutes, mash the apples using a slotted spoon.
6. When there is no visual liquid add the zest of one lemon and the liquid from the lemon.
7. Continue cooking uncovered until the liquid is gone. Stir occasionally .
8. Add 3 oz of Calvados, again heat until the liquid is gone. Stir to mix.
9. Turn off the heat and cover until you are ready to serve.

notes: zesting is best done with a microplane; an apple corer is useful (get an all metal one). If Calvados isn't easily available, then Apple Jack is an acceptable substitute. I use Golden Delicious apples, but a variety of apples work well.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I'm not at all surprised, nor displeased, to see that zymurg still uses AOL.

Reaction Score
I've made the applesauce with galas as well as golden delicious apples, but by all means use your own favorites.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I have no recipe to share with the yard, but John Travolta has a recipe hed like to share with the team.

lgVDCYp.gif

Reaction Score
Very zen. We are all spinning our wheels opining and coming up with lineups game-plans and theories that evaporate into the ether.

I've got a good Caesar dressing recipe - keys are a coddled egg & dry mustard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog