Rechargable Tool Set | The Boneyard

Rechargable Tool Set

Reaction Score
Any recommendations?

I got the kobalt 24v tools when they came out years ago. They are great. Batteries are some of the cheapest, but still same quality as DeWalt.

What are some of the tools that you would need?

Reaction Score
I got the kobalt 24v tools when they came out years ago. They are great. Batteries are some of the cheapest, but still same quality as DeWalt.

What are some of the tools that you would need?

I want a mini conpound saw or recipricating saw, but I'm concerned about power

Reaction Score

A circular saw or recip saw? Kobalt has both of those.

Or were you thinking of a compound miter saw, battery operated?

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Sears Craftsmen used to be the standard when I was a kid but my personal go to nowadays is Kobalt.

And I'm talking dependable home use applications, not industrial use.

Reaction Score
Sears Craftsmen used to be the standard when I was a kid but my personal go to nowadays is Kobalt.

And I'm talking dependable home use applications, not industrial use.

I owned craftsman when I first bought my house 12 yrs ago or so. They were ok. That was the time when Sears started sucking. Now they are owned by Black and Decker, who also owns Dewalt and Porter Cable, and I think they are better now than they were at the end of Sears lifetime.

Reaction Score
If you're concerned about power then the obvious answer is get a corded tool

There's a million comparisons on YouTube but generally the usually suspects (Milwaukee,DeWalt, kobalt, makita, craftsman, etc) are very similar

My personal preference is DeWalt and Makita but honestly the best answer is usually whichever you can get a better deal on

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I owned craftsman when I first bought my house 12 yrs ago or so. They were ok. That was the time when Sears started sucking. Now they are owned by Black and Decker, who also owns Dewalt and Porter Cable, and I think they are better now than they were at the end of Sears lifetime.

I get it @Minicoop69 but I was talking old school Craftsmen tools 32 years or so ago as opposed to 12.

You're absolutely right that the brand went to a decade ago.

Reaction Score
Compound miter and recip saw

DeWalt has good compound miter saw on battery. Expensive though.

Kobalt has one, not sure how good it is though. Don't have it yet.

If you need one for 2x material, DeWalt is probably the way to go.

Kobalt, craftsman, and Milwaukee have good ones but they are smaller and 2x material will stick down battery fast.

Reaction Score
Any recommendations?
Milwaulkee. It's more expensive but it's the best in my opinion. I full have the full set of M18 including the radio and a phone charger adapter for their M18 batteries. If it's too pricey for you, try either Dewalt or Rigid. Personally I think the Rigid set-up is as heavy duty as the Milwaulkee Fuel but I only own the drill.

Reaction Score
Milwaukee Milwaukee Milwaukee..... nothing comes remotely close..... they make over 500 tools and all over their tools have a full 5 year guarantee ( 3years for landscape tools ). They make 12v $ for homeowners and 18v $$ for pro and they have another $$$$ for industrial use . I have previously used Makita, Bosch, Dewalt, Porter Cable.... ( I own a mobil electronics store and have a separate shop and a marine division ( marinas on the road) and can't afford tools breaking.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
Ridgid from Home Depot has the best mix of quality and price. Milwalkee is great but a little pricier. Also go with 18v no matter which brand you select. The Ryobi 12v line is cheap but relatively junky.

Reaction Score
My go to recharge toolset: bourbon, beer, pool, golf, and sunshine. Each can be found in different locations and have different varities. I hope you find yours!

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
I have a Sears battery operated set: 5" circular saw, drill, reciprocating saw, brad nailer and florescent light. 19.2 volt batteries. I have 4 batteries and a charging station with 2 chargers. No problem with any of the tools. I've had the set for 10 years now. They are not heavy duty grade but I knew that when I purchased them.

I have heavy duty drills, 7"circular saw (31 year old Sears), compound miter saw, sabre saw and more.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Do you go to Home Depot or Lowes? Kobalt for Lowes, Ryobi for Home Depot. If you want commercial grade stuff, Milwaukee, DeWalt. Rigid is the value commercial grade brand from Home Depot.

You will want to swap battery packs around, so pick a brand and stay with it.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I have a few Black & Decker rechargables as they were one of the first to come out with batteries that worked across their line of product. Unfortunately the tools are underpowered and the batteries suck. Buy something else.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom