Rechargable Tool Set | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Rechargable Tool Set

Reaction Score
Milwaukee Milwaukee Milwaukee..... nothing comes remotely close..... they make over 500 tools and all over their tools have a full 5 year guarantee ( 3years for landscape tools ). They make 12v $ for homeowners and 18v $$ for pro and they have another $$$$ for industrial use . I have previously used Makita, Bosch, Dewalt, Porter Cable.... ( I own a mobil electronics store and have a separate shop and a marine division ( marinas on the road) and can't afford tools breaking.
I agree, that’s why everything I own is Milwaukee. But doesn’t Rigid have a lifetime warranty from Home Depot? Some of the HVAC techs here have them and they seem almost as good as Milwaukee. That said, 7 out of 10 techs I’ve ever met use Milwaukee. Probably helps that the distributors sell them as well.

Reaction Score
You will want to swap battery packs around, so pick a brand and stay with it.
This. Don’t get Ryobi, as tempting as it is. Both Rigid and Dewalt are better for the value brands. Dewalt is Stanley Works if that’s a tie breaker for you and about $50 less on average than the premium Milwaukee.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
It all depends on what tools you need and what you are planning on doing. Ryobi 18V One+ is more of a consumer/DIY brand and offers a bunch of options for tools to use on the same battery. I have not had any issues with batteries or tools and have put them through a pretty good beating over the years.

Obviously if you are looking to do more heavy duty work you may want to look at the "professional" brands Milwaukee, Porter Cable, DeWalt, Rigid, etc. Most offer the same tool variety but you really should get an idea of what you need the tools for and think longevity.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Hitachi, now named Metabo, are bullet proof. Great warantee.
My 6-year old 14.4 Hitachi was a nice home drill/driver. Yesterday, I was repairing a screen door and a charged battery barely made it through driving eight 3/4 inch long screws into soft wood. Pissed me off.

Reaction Score
I have the 60 volt dewalt set and I am very impressed with the power and longevity.

Reaction Score
Any recommendations?
I bought a nine tool Makita set on Amazon ten years ago and it's been flawless. Batteries still hold a full charge. The guys that did the addition on our house used either Makita or Dewalt., and Bostich for the nailers.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Home Depot has a pretty great deal on a 7 piece Dewalt 20v set right now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom