Recently Seen in 2019

-

Dove

Son of Wayne. Friend of Tony.
The King

My wife was bored stiff. But for you fans of histiry this movie was pretty decent. The story of Henry V ascending to the English throne and defeating France to form a united land.

Great acting by the lead, Timothe Chalomet., and Robert Pattinson as the Dauphin.

On Netflix

The King

My wife was bored stiff. But for you fans of histiry this movie was pretty decent. The story of Henry V ascending to the English throne and defeating France to form a united land.

Great acting by the lead, Timothe Chalomet., and Robert Pattinson as the Dauphin.

On Netflix
I've been really getting in to English history lately and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Saw "Ondine" probably around 10 years ago, didn't remember much about it other than I liked it. Watched it again, definitely enjoyed it. A bit slow paced, but intriguing none the less. Set in a charming Irish fishing village. Stars Colin Farrell, a down on his luck fisherman who pulls a young woman up out of the water in his net. She seems to be in some kind of trouble...or is she a selkie (seal who takes human form; Scottish folklore)?

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Finally saw "Dirtbag: The Legend of Fred Beckey." I was curious about it when it was playing the festival circuit but it took a long time to come out on DVD and I kinda forgot about it. Netflix doesn't have it, but my library does.

Like most documentaries I found it a little bit dry and meandering. It was still interesting though. Beckey was an extremely prolific climber/mountaineer who put up first ascents all over the world, for decade after decade. He was born in Germany but lived the majority of his life in Seattle. He wrote the definitive climbing guide books for his home range, the Cascades. He was known as a bit of a salty character. I kind of think of him as the Northwest's version of Ed Abbey, although he isn't as well known to the general public.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Been really busy with life, kids, job, sleep, etc. this year and haven't watched many new movies, but over the past month, I've seen Playing with Fire, Frozen 2, and The Irishman, with El Camino in the queue.

Playing with Fire (John Cena): It's a kids movie, produced by Nickelodeon and as such, my 7 year old really enjoyed it.

Frozen 2: Not awful, but not the original. I felt Disney tried too hard to make another "Let It Go." Again, my kids really enjoyed it.

The Irishman: This one was just for me. Not allowing the kids to watch this one. Really enjoyable, despite the length and unreasonable expectation to suspend disbelief on CGI-ing out the age. You can dye the hair and digitally remove wrinkles, but a 70 year old is not going to move like a 30 year old.

We have Disney+ free for one year, so I will hopefully get around to the remaining Star Wars movies before it elapses and some others that have been wallowing in my Netflix queue.