Recently Seen in 2019 | Page 16 | The Boneyard

Recently Seen in 2019

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
It's still 2019 where I am. Just finishing up "Red Dog," about a unique and very independent minded dog in Western Australia, and all the characters that call the place home (remote mining town). A bit slow to start but enjoyable once I got into it.

edited--based on a true story. Apparently he's legendary in Australia. A noted wanderer who hitch hiked all over Western Australia.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Frozen 2 - It tried its best to live up to the original and it was fine. Fine. Just fine. Left a whole lot open for an inevitable 3rd.

The Angry Birds Movie 2 - Bleh, meh, schmeh.

Hobbs & Shaw
- I really can't stand Idris Elba for some reason. The over the top action was entertaining enough I guess but don't ask me what actually happened. I could stare at Vanessa Kirby for hours tho.

It Chapter Two
- The first was a super effective and entertaining horror movie. While still good, CH. 2 couldn't maintain the momentum.

Good Boys
- Don't think I laughed but for a couple times. The kids tried their best but I couldn't buy into their performances.

Instant Family - Isabela Moner was out of her depth trying to be the dramatic lynchpin in this otherwise ok flick.

Reaction Score
It's still 2019 where I am. Just finishing up "Red Dog," about a unique and very independent minded dog in Western Australia, and all the characters that call the place home (remote mining town). A bit slow to start but enjoyable once I got into it.

edited--based on a true story. Apparently he's legendary in Australia. A noted wanderer who hitch hiked all over Western Australia.
Great movie. Hachi is excellent too, even more of a tear jerker. Also a true story.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I started out with a gusto. Petered out with the recs.

Reaction Score
For the record, I only put new movies or first time views in the thread. I see things like Jaws. I watched Jaws 4 times this year. I watched Rocky maybe 6 times. I didn't think that counted though...

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Great movie. Hachi is excellent too, even more of a tear jerker. Also a true story.
Tom Rinaldi had a feature during Wimbledon a few years back about a kid and his dog Haatchi. Quite a few tears are jerked in that one, too.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I'm home sick so watching some more movies because not much else I can do. Last night saw Once Upon a Time in Hollywood and then watched Linda Ronstadt: The Sound of My Voice, a documentary film that was in theaters last year and was shown on CNN last night.

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood was interesting and entertaining enough, definitely worth a watch, and Pitt and DiCaprio were fine (as was Robbie, but moreso to look at than anything else, as she didn't have a ton of lines). And with Tarantino you know you are getting the gruesome violence at some point. I don't see it as extraordinary or award-worthy in any sense though, except maybe the soundtrack. Definitely could have been a half hour shorter, too. I thought it meandered a bit. Good watch, but that's about it imo. Don't see myself re-watching.

I thought the Linda Ronstadt documentary was terrific, primarily because her talent and career were so varied and terrific. I had forgotten some of the background, for example that Don Henley and Glenn Frey were her backing band before they formed Eagles, or that she starred in Pirates of Penzance with Kevin Kline. Very good watch and recommended for any music fans in particular.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I thought the Linda Ronstadt documentary was terrific, primarily because her talent and career were so varied and terrific.

She had that memorable commercial for Plow King.

Reaction Score
Watched Hustlers last night, because, well, JLo. I wasn't expecting much, but she was nominated for a Golden Globe as Best Supporting Actress, so I figured it was worth a watch. I was wrong. Aside from her first stripper pole performance, it was a total waste of time and a really poor film.
Haven't even considered watching this because that was my exact expectation. I read some review that said "J-Lo's best performance". Yeah, pretty low bar to cross there.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Just for kicks and giggles I watched "Her Alibi" (1989) w/ Tom Selleck and Paulina Porizkova. Kinda silly and fluffy, but entertaining enough. I have to admit I kinda forgot what Paulina looked like at time. Now I remember! :rolleyes:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
My bad. I thought I was in the new thread.

Reaction Score
Marriage Story.

Very good. Amazing that Driver and Scarlett bother with Marvel and Star Wars. Really good actors. I hope this movie wins lots of awards.

Reaction Score
Pokémon movie.

Pikachu is so complex. Maybe the best anti hero since Deadpool and Wolverine.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
We went to Carbone's tonight for the Taste of Hartford followed by a showing of The Aeronauts in 70MM!

There was really no reason for a 70MM release. There weren't all that many majestic scenes. I thought was OK, it never really grabbed me. I'm still affected by Mr. Rogers.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I watched IT:Chapter 2 because I’ve been up all night with my newborn and my fifth grade students talked about it incessantly. Moral of the story is don’t take movie recs from 10 year olds.

Reaction Score
You guys are living in the past maaaan! Modernize maaaaan!

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Maybe we can get a mod to lock this thread so posters don't keep using it?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
You guys are living in the past maaaan! Modernize maaaaan!

You should have come up with a better new thread title. Movie Hindsight 2020 is confusing. I was watching a 2019 movie.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Heading to 1917 later today

Reaction Score
Maybe because I'm a car guy, but I went to see Ford V. Ferrari this past weekend and really enjoyed it. The racing scenes are very well done and were awesome on the big screen. The story was good too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom