Recent Moves in the WNBA | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Recent Moves in the WNBA

Reaction Score
Priceless! Thanks for posting.
Of

If Seattle doesn't make some coaching changes they are going to be in big trouble. They should bring in an entire new staff, Quinn never should have been promoted.
This is why the WNBA doesn't get better, and get respect.
They hire coaches who have failed previously, or hire people with little or no experience as ahead coach.
They treat the league as on the job training for coaches.
Las Vegas did the right thing, went out and got an experienced coach who the NBA liked.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
If Seattle doesn't make some coaching changes they are going to be in big trouble. They should bring in an entire new staff, Quinn never should have been promoted.
They hire coaches who have failed previously, or hire people with little or no experience as ahead coach.
Las Vegas did the right thing, went out and got an experienced coach who the NBA liked.
First, the Storm’s second and third-leading scorers this season, Breanna Stewart and Epiphanny Prince, were unable to play in both loses to Phoenix due to health and safety protocols and Mercedes Russell has yet to play in a game for the Storm this season due to an injury.

Second, outside of NBA Summer League, Hammon had "no experience as ahead coach."

Reaction Score

Do you feel the same about the NBA?

Almost every coach either has no previous HC experience or has failed at a previous head coaching job.

Off the top of my head only Ty Lue, Quin Snyder, Chris Finch, and Nick Nurse don’t fit in those 2 categories. And the OKC coach but I can never remember his name.

Reaction Score
Of

being a Wnba coach is not a lucrative pay unless you are one of the best I assume. I remember many failed men's cbb hc's becoming Wnba hc's having the most success for whatever reason. I forget but I think Paul Westguard when the mercury were really good was coaching Magic. Derek Fisher also a failed Nba hc coaches the Sparks.

Reaction Score
Do you feel the same about the NBA?

Almost every coach either has no previous HC experience or has failed at a previous head coaching job.

Off the top of my head only Ty Lue, Quin Snyder, Chris Finch, and Nick Nurse don’t fit in those 2 categories. And the OKC coach but I can never remember his name.
Poor coach hiring in the NBA goes back as far as I can remember, and I'm old. The Sonics made some good choices-- I particularly liked Bickerstaff, George Karl and Nate McMillan. but the worst coaching change was getting rid of McMillan.

Actually, it's problematic in all of sports for a coach to work out for a whole slew of reasons, most of which start at the top of the management chain.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Stewie still in Health and Safety Protocols. Also Epiphany Prince. Brought in Rennia Davis on Hardship. Gabby needs to be better for Seattle
Totally agree. She was a star over in Europe. I get that she's "new" on the team, but that's no reason for missed layups and missed shots in general. She's been wide open for the most part, missing completely. That has nothing to do with getting accustomed to the new offense, etc.

She's played 4 games, is shooting 22% overall, and 30% from 3. That simply isn't good enough. I sure hope she improves cuz I'm rooting for her big time!!

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
She's played 4 games, is shooting 22% overall, and 30% from 3. That simply isn't good enough. I sure hope she improves cuz I'm rooting for her big time!!
Bring back KLS!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Totally agree. She was a star over in Europe. I get that she's "new" on the team, but that's no reason for missed layups and missed shots in general. She's been wide open for the most part, missing completely. That has nothing to do with getting accustomed to the new offense, etc.

Sue and Briann January are both shooting 29%. They all need to step it up. Getting Stewie back in the lineup should help. Gabby and Briann need to get more acclimated to the new team.

Reaction Score
Sue and Briann January are both shooting 29%. They all need to step it up. Getting Stewie back in the lineup should help. Gabby and Briann need to get more acclimated to the new team.
The team came back from the Olympics last year and fell apart going 5-6. Then they start this year out 1-3. That is unacceptable for a team with Seattle's talent.
A new General Manager, and Head Coach at the same time might be part of the problem.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
It's early yet in the W, due to a number of things (players overseas, short training camp + making the salary cap=uneven performances as players come and go, etc.)

That said:
- Seattle will get better immediately the moment Stewie returns. That can happen when you have (one of) the best player(s) on the planet on your team. ;) Yes, Gabby needs to acclimate, but that's even hard without Stewie around to know your role and lanes.

What this does show me is the trouble Seattle will be in if either (both:eek: ) Stewie and/or Jewell Loyd move on next year.

- There's another team that is getting a major plus back and that's Dallas with Satou Sabally. I'm guessing Thornton will become the super sub at both the 4 and 3, but expect the team to become even tougher as Satou and Teaira McCowan get in and in sync with the lineup. All that attention given to McCowan down low and wherever Sabally goes will open up shooting space even more for Ogunbowale, Gray and Mabrey.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Feel so bad for the players, no safety no future. Be released anytime by the team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom