Rebuilding Genos Legacy | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Rebuilding Genos Legacy

Reaction Score
Doesnt matter if Geno still coaches. UConn better upgrade their NIL system if it still wants to recruit the top players. We're already seeing the impact of NIL, in both the men's and women's game.

Reaction Score
I would like to see someone who has coached in the pros. I think Stephanie White could be a good choice, (she won WNBA coach of the year this past season) how cool would it be if Sue Bird was a member of the coaching staff. A legend who could bring in top recruits. I feel when Geno retires the recruiting will go down. Kids want to play for Geno the legend. I love Shea but she hasn’t done anything at Vandy. She continues to not bring in any top rated recruits. Her program is picked to finish last in the SEC. What makes u think that will all change if she comes back to UCONN. Programs win when they get the best players. Coaching is important but u need talent to compete for titles. Either way UCONN will take a significant hit no matter who they get after Geno. We all knew what happened when the great Pat retired holly Warwick was horrible and ended up being let go. Yes Kelly J took over the program but hasn’t got them to a final four. It’s impossible to replace a legend. We need to face reality that Geno won’t be coaching forever. We will go through years of hardships. It would be the same thing if Dawn decided to leave SC. When Tara retires Stanford will take a hit, when Mulky retires LSU will take a hit… it’s part of the game, these coaches are getting old so new coaches are waiting in the wings. Enjoy every minute of UConns success cause it won’t last forever.

Reaction Score
Geno & Chris must have quite a Rolodex filled with WBB contacts from all over the world for scouting purposes that would be impossible to replicate without their assistance.
One thing that most everyone can agree on is that Geno's replacement will become the face of the UConn WBB brand, the most storied team in history.
That person will need to be a public relations expert & able to endure a lot of public scrutiny.
The decision on a long term replacement will be like anticipating the results of voting for a new Pope.
Hmmm, wouldn't that be a spectacle? White smoke or black smoke rising from the AD's office.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
If you notice Geno has kids 2 years out and we dont know who else he has on the QT. The coaches are in place. It just may be that a former UConn player who is coaching now will replace him and the asst coaches are in place, the roster players are in place, and some of the future players are in place. Dont forget Tara Kim Vic and a few others are getting on in age and will be looking forward to retirement too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom