Rebuild? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Rebuild?

Reaction Score
Why Bobby?
We will have to see how the rest of the season plays out but it looks like he put together a final four contender at ASU in year 3. Look how good their roster is. They're average something like 90 ppg

He also won the MAC in his only 2 years at Buffalo

Reaction Score
We will have to see how the rest of the season plays out but it looks like he put together a final four contender at ASU in year 3. Look how good their roster is. They're average something like 90 ppg

He also won the MAC in his only 2 years at Buffalo

Hard to fall behind 18-4 when you are putting up 90!

Reaction Score
Bobby but I'll take either if they wanted to come here

Bobby Hurley? He is not coming here, that's crazy. Why would he leave to come here? Danny could a realistic option.

Reaction Score
Might be the other Hurley from what I've heard.

I would love to see that happen but no way Bobby Jr comes to UCONN when he is building a contender at Arizona State. The guy is in a very large state school, in the PAC 12, easy school to recruit to. Sure he would earn more at UCONN but after this year, I would think Arizona State would increase his salary to keep him.

PS: Great news if he is interested though.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Bobby Hurley? He is not coming here, that's crazy. Why would he leave to come here? Danny could a realistic option.
A lot closer to his roots than Arizona?

Reaction Score
Did you not read the question? It was who would you want? Not which do you think we could get. The reading comprehension around here is turrible

Reaction Score
I would love to see that happen but no way Bobby Jr comes to UCONN when he is building a contender at Arizona State.
It's not a given he would come here, but from what I've heard it's not to be ruled out.

Reaction Score
Danny is younger.
Yes, but he has a longer track record as a college head coach. He's now in his eighth season, while Bobby's just in his fifth.

That's important to me because - as we're currently seeing here - a HC's flaws can sometimes be hidden by one particularly talented group of players. "Right time, right team" sort of thing and you could get a championship followed by a slow decline.

So to me, one of the crucial measures for our next head coach is a proven ability to win across multiple recruiting classes, and with entirely different rosters that you've brought in. Danny's done that; Bobby has not (yet).

Also worth noting that Danny was HC at St. Benedict's for 9 years. So even though he's younger he has waaay more time on the sideline. He's a veteran.

pj

Reaction Score
The American Conference didn’t kill recruiting until the recruiting effort started taking escalators and then elevators and then no longer even wanted to do that.

It was obviously a headwind, but the name on the front of the uniform overcame that to some degree....until the name on the front of the uniform was the only thing recruiting for us.

If this is the problem, then obviously Chill has helped a lot. And it's easily fixable.

I believe Kevin Ollie is competitive enough to put in effort. I worry that he isn't smart enough to put in the right effort, or tough enough to get the best out of his players.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom