Rebecca Lobo | The Boneyard

Rebecca Lobo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I understand she can't be a UConn homer, but it seems she has a live affair with whoever the Huskies are playing. STFU Rebecca!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
Oh come on. She's ours. She's a reporter and has to be independent. on ESPN Maybe she goes a little overboard to look independent, but I'll bet you deep down she's rooting for UConn.

Reaction Score
I understand she can't be a UConn homer, but it seems she has a live affair with whoever the Huskies are playing. STFU Rebecca!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Don't watch as much as most of you but Lobo was horrendous tonight at best.....when Mowens said something about the Maserati/drving the car Lobo said "...well this is not a Maserati. I'mnot sure what it is, at least a level below..."........she was awful and deserves a whole bunch of from you womens fans...

Congrats on the BE Title it was fun watching that thug team from ND get beat at their own game!!

Reaction Score
I think she's very balanced. I just wish she'd call the plays and stop with the ESPN mindless chatter.

Reaction Score
She is in a tough spot - give her a break but no doubt she is all in with uconn.

Sorry but while some of it sounded like someone caught in the middle, it did get way out of hand and the last statement sounded like someone from a 35-0 team throwing a young team under Fung Wah to me.......pretty much like "not as good as we were...."

Reaction Score
Don't watch as much as most of you but Lobo was horrendous tonight at best.....when Mowens said something about the Maserati/drving the car Lobo said "...well this is not a Maserati. I'mnot sure what it is, at least a level below..."........she was awful and deserves a whole bunch of from you womens fans...

Congrats on the BE Title it was fun watching that thug team from ND get beat at their own game!!
You may not watch very much, but you've surely heard of Maya Moore. She was the Maserati.
Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
I don't care who Rebecca roots for - I just wish she'd stop aping the sing-song girlie craptalk of Doris Burke. Honestly, Becca's got to cut it out.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
here we go again, a great win, don't have Culmo or Picozzi to b----h about now one of the best of ESPN doesn't cut it
Comon man
well said... but the Bob P & Meghan complainers arent complaining about Lobo

Reaction Score
I believe that Rebecca is all in UConn. But I think that might be part of the issue because it almost forces her to talk about the other team to not appear as she is still involved with Connecticut.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I thought that was her best line. It's definitely NOT a Maserati this year. But that's ok, we got one on order, should be arriving next year.

Reaction Score
Sorry but while some of it sounded like someone caught in the middle, it did get way out of hand and the last statement sounded like someone from a 35-0 team throwing a young team under Fung Wah to me.......pretty much like "not as good as we were...."

You can't handle the truth? Are you actually saying that this year's team IS as good as the '95 team? This team is most definitely NOT in the Maserati class.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I thought that was her best line. It's definitely NOT a Maserati this year. But that's ok, we got one on order, should be arriving next year.

I did not take that as denigrating, but realistic right now. The flowing speed of some of our teams is just not in this team consistently against the very best competition. Also, when Beth and Rebecca first came on I don't know if any of you caught Rebecca's first few seconds on camera, but she looked like she was about to turn green - she's blue thru and thru and I think she was just nervous as heck for UConn, knowing that it was a game that could solidify or shatter a young team.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I did not take that as denigrating, but realistic right now. The flowing speed of some of our teams is just not in this team consistently against the very best competition. Also, when Beth and Rebecca first came on I don't know if any of you caught Rebecca's first few seconds on camera, but she looked like she was about to turn green - she's blue thru and thru and I think she was just nervous as heck for UConn, knowing that it was a game that could solidify or shatter a young team.

so was just about every UConn fan in the world

Reaction Score
Are people seriously debating this? This team is not the team of years past. They do not look as sharp, they do not score as much, they are not the National Championship teams we are used to. But they are a great team with a great potential. Anyone who this this is the top of the line car obviously knows nothing about the history of basketball. This UCONN team is great... I love them, but they are not Baylor. Baylor is impressive, Griner is impressive, especially since she NEVER commits fouls. But to say we are the top of the line car... what are they? A Flying car?

Stop picking on Rebecca, she is great. Lets do away with Carolyn Peck. Go after her fro crying out loud.

Oh and I was glad that Kara Lawson picked Notre Dame to win the game. HA HA Kara... (I actually like Kara.... but in a situation like this I can just blame it on her being a tennessee player ;p )

Reaction Score
Hard not to pick ND going in, and I like Kara, too, but I share in your joy. At least Kara isn't someone who always takes the opposite side like the dumb blonde from Oklahoma, don't even want to mention her name. I loved her play at OU, unfortunately her mouth got in her way when she got on TV. From the start I never believed a word she said, and often wondered who was putting that stuff in her ear.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I think it is more of an off road vehicle. The way they played last night they didn't intend to let any obstacle get in their way.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Hard not to pick ND going in, and I like Kara, too, but I share in your joy. At least Kara isn't someone who always takes the opposite side like the dumb blonde from Oklahoma, don't even want to mention her name. I loved her play at OU, unfortunately her mouth got in her way when she got on TV. From the start I never believed a word she said, and often wondered who was putting that stuff in her ear.[/quote

She was far from dumb, but she was a smart aleck from time to time and, since she was crushed in the championship game despite putting her team on her back, sometimes it was hard for her not to take a crack at UConn.

Reaction Score
I know that the crowd noise was very load, Rebecca's voice seems soft to me & I for one , have a difficult time hearing everything that she is saying.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

The smart aleck as I called her was Stacey Dales, later Stacey Dales-Shulman (since divorced). A fellow Canuck. Out of Alberta? In some ways Breana Stewart reminds me of her...lanky and scrappy.

Reaction Score
Personally I've come to tune out the ESPN announcers, whoever they are, and simply watch the game. The only time I try to listen is to find out why the whistle was blown when it's not obvious to me (was it a foul? on who? out of bounds? 3 seconds?) and getting an answer to that is less than half the time. Can't get 1080 in my living room or I would have gone with that option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom