Reassurance from Daniel Hamilton | The Boneyard

Reassurance from Daniel Hamilton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not to be a Debby Downer but we already know he signed something. The question is did he sign an LOI.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Not to be a Debby Downer but we already know he signed something. The question is did he sign an LOI.
We also already know that it wasn't a LOI, so no reason to harp on that.

The bottom line is that the kid has given the people who matter the assurances they need to feel comfortable. If he doesn't plan to come here, this is one hell of an elaborate hoax.

Time to welcome DHam to the family and move on.

Reaction Score
He signed up for financial aid, not a LOI, according to Amore. I'm thinking that it's to protect himself and am not worried.

Reaction Score
Even if he did sign the LOI, if he didn't want to be here, that wouldn't stop him. Obviously, he wouldn't be able to play for a year, but an LOI didn't really stop his brother from leaving UTEP.

The fact that he took to Twitter to give UConn fans assurance, which is what some people on here wanted, and that he signed an agreement, as opposed to staying verbally committed until the spring signing period, should allow fans to relax.

Reaction Score
I am not sure why anyone would expect the kid to sign something that doesn't benefit him that already screwed over his own brother in a big way. I would honestly question him and his family's thought process if he did. I think anyone who thinks differently is doing so through husky blue tinted-shades. His actions and words are about as good as we can expect right now. I am very optimistic on him landing in Storrs.

Reaction Score

He's probably not going to sign an LOI after what happened to his brother. It's unreasonable for anyone (be it KO or BY) to demand it or expect it, and there's really no reason for him to sign one (unless we were threatening to give his spot away, which I can guarantee isn't happening). We think KO is here for a while, but he could win a national championship, Brooks could leave OKC, and Durant could demand the Thunder get KO - offering silly money - if they want him to stay when free agency hits. Perhaps far-fetched, but you never know if you're sitting in the Hamilton living room.

People here wanted a personal reassurance from him if he wasn't going to sign and they just got one addressed to them directly. He even hashtagged bleed blue.

Reaction Score
I am as nervous as it gets re recruiting for a long time now.

If u can't see this is extremely positive, u r crazy.

Reaction Score
I'm calm now...After what happened with his brother and UTEP, Daniel was not going to sign LOI with anyone nor would anyone in his family, ever!!

Reaction Score
If you're a top tier guy, why the heck would you win the LOI there is no need too and it restricts your flexibility. He's smart to leave doors open. I do think he'll come here, but looking at it objectively te LOI is the worst thing to sign if you're a highly sought after player.

Reaction Score
Please save this and send it out a year from now either way and great insight or famous last words!

If he was solely committed to UConn he's sign a LOI, I don't see the ambiguity

Seriously, what is wrong with half of this board. Based on his brothers experience did you honestly think he was signing an LOI? DHam tweets nothing but #BLEEDBLUE, let's support the kid and not like a bunch of d bags on here or Twitter.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Please save this and send it out a year from now either way and great insight or famous last words!

Holy only on this board could someone freak out even after a commit says 'keep calm Husky fans'.

Welcome aboard Daniel.

Reaction Score

I never said he shouldn't sign an LOI, but based on his brother's experience as well as many other similar cases the past few years, I wouldn't advise him or any other guy to sign one when they can sign a non-binding Financial Aid agreement.

Reaction Score
Yeah, 'cause 18 year old kids never change their minds or get influenced. We'll see, basically we have an unknown here and Lubin is suddenly a question mark. Taking a glass 1/2 empty, this recruiting period was awful. 1 committed guy

Holy only on this board could someone freak out even after a commit says 'keep calm Husky fans'.

Welcome aboard Daniel.

Reaction Score
Yeah, 'cause 18 year old kids never change their minds or get influenced. We'll see, basically we have an unknown here and Lubin is suddenly a question mark. Taking a glass 1/2 empty, this recruiting period was awful. 1 committed guy

Even still, an LOI wouldn't prevent him from deciding to go elsewhere, just like we saw with his brother.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
He's not signing a LOI - not for us or anybody else. He's gone out of his way to say he's coming and he's traveled to games when he didn't have to. There was a comment that a recent game in California, his mother was decked out in UConn gear. If you're not going to get a LOI, I don't know what else he could do to make you feel any more comfortable. Does it give him options to change his mind? Well, yes, which is exactly why he isn't signing one. Is it highly likely he suits up for UConn next year? Yes.

If you can't handle 19 year old kids and recruiting, don't read. You'll be happier that way.

The glass is more than half full here.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
This is a fan base that "feels" like wins are losses & thinks an undefeated team needs more of a winning attitude.

When they find out what the football team's been up to, they're gonna head for the cliffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom