Reason for non-call on final play | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Reason for non-call on final play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Stronger refs would have made the calls on Baylor they needed to early and stopped the constant clutching, grabbing and pushing by Baylor and the game would have settled into a better basketball game. The way it was called half of Baylor’s team should have fouled out by the third quarter including carrington who had about 7 fouls in a 5 minute span in the third quarter! Baylor has no complaints this game IMO. They got away with murder throughout the game!
If you’re gonna let them play and not call the fouls Aubrey two ,One of them a mugging by Smith, Christyn on the layup at the basket and Paige multiple times ,on Olivia when her shot was blocked by Egbo never touched the ball all arm. Then you have to remain consistent and let them play rough the entire game. Baylor is just crying because it was the last shot of the game. We could do like Gino said and go back and count every one of the fouls on Baylor and show how many non-calls they got. It’s just sour grapes on their part. UConn fans would probably feel the same way. What it comes down to was poor officiating they let the game get way too physical and should’ve called Fouls early which would’ve made for a better game certainly a cleaner one. It is a shame that it had to end that way but if you don’t call the fouls early you can’t call the fouls late.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Four out of four on “Around the Horn” say the no call was being consistent with the rest of the game and actually put more blame on Carrington for poor decisions.
Okay, I have watched not one second of sports talking-head shows this entire pandemic year, but this one I'd love to see a replay of if I can track it down.

Reaction Score
But in that game- by the way, the most exciting women’s game I’ve ever seen- the Louisville player, Monique Reid?, was clobbered with no doubt whatsoever, it didn’t depend on countless reviews or still photos & she didn’t initiate contact.
Fair points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits