OT: - Realignment? | Page 39 | The Boneyard

OT: Realignment?

Reaction Score
I don't think this is a positive

Source: USC, UCLA considering move from Pac-12 to Big Ten as early as 2024

Reaction Score
Beachview...are you sure that you aren't a son of the deep south...your use of "are games" could be right out if Satsuma, Alabama. I read it phonetically and didn't even notice for a minute.
Ha… no… I grew up in New Britain

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Unless there is a buyout built into the ACC Grant of Rights, none of this news helps UConn. Clemson would dump out of the ACC this afternoon if it could, and I suspect both the SEC and Big 10 would be interested. Unfortunately, it appears that the GoR holds everyone in place.

Reaction Score
Unless there is a buyout built into the ACC Grant of Rights, none of this news helps UConn. Clemson would dump out of the ACC this afternoon if it could, and I suspect both the SEC and Big 10 would be interested. Unfortunately, it appears that the GoR holds everyone in place.

I found a picture of you on the internet. I just looked up the word Naive.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I’m too lazy to go hunting for data to back up your claims, but if you post it I’ll look at it. Up to you. Scooter, I don’t mind your act all that much, but you don’t have the greatest reputation for accuracy.

Seth Meyers Whatever GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers
Well here is some. Fox ranked 3rd behind CBS and ESPN. FS1 was behind ESPN2 and BTN. But it kicked ESPNU’s butt. Not gonna bother going week by week. You’ll just pretend 885,000> 1,250,000 or deny it happened.

Oh, and for the 3rd or 4th time look at the link previously posted about conference championship games. If you don‘t understand it I’m sure someone can explain it. But essentially, the higher the number, the better. So the B10 with 2.39 and over 2 million viewers out performed the NOOBIE with 1.22. So did the ACC, the B12, the PAC, the Mountain West, the AAC, and the SEC. Because, you see, they had more people watching.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Well here is some. Fox ranked 3rd behind CBS and ESPN. FS1 was behind ESPN2 and BTN. But it kicked ESPNU’s butt. Not gonna bother going week by week. You’ll just pretend 885,000> 1,250,000 or deny it happened.

Oh, and for the 3rd or 4th time look at the link previously posted about conference championship games. If you don‘t understand it I’m sure someone can explain it. But essentially, the higher the number, the better. So the B10 with 2.39 and over 2 million viewers out performed the NOOBIE with 1.22. So did the ACC, the B12, the PAC, the Mountain West, the AAC, and the SEC. Because, you see, they had more people watching.
LOL, you seem a little pissy.

You realize that the article you posted really doesn’t support your point right? In fact one of the top 10 games of the year was St. John’s versus Georgetown with over 2 million viewers and that’s not even a marquee matchup in the Big East. The article notes that “Fox and FS1 had its best Big East Tournament average yet” which certainly sounds promising right?

Then there’s this little tidbit…
2D600F47-F7D2-4783-B7BD-E599D7FAFB78.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Haven’t heard much if any of the PAC’s next move. UNLV
BOISE
SDSU
FRESNO
More likely to be Big XII schools. There's more money in the leftover Pac-12 schools + the top of the Big XII than in the reverse scenario (Big XII + some/all leftover Pac-12)

CL82

Reaction Score
Yet, that is the perception of our beloved university. Scares me.
“Our” university?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I found a picture of you on the internet. I just looked up the word Naive.
Cougar. There is really no other way to put this:

You sound just like those who a number of years back claimed that all we needed to do was threaten Ollie that we would pay him nothing and he would then gladly settle for $1.5 - $2.0 million.

Contracts do hold some value.

Reaction Score
I don't know why anyone is surprised by UConn baseball being a midmajor? The Big East is a single-bid conference unless UConn gets knocked out of the BE tourney. WCC basketball is better than that and they're certainly not a major conference

Reaction Score
Cougar. There is really no other way to put this:

You sound just like those who a number of years back claimed that all we needed to do was threaten Ollie that we would pay him nothing and he would then gladly settle for $1.5 - $2.0 million.

Contracts do hold some value.

You sound like the guy who said we would never go back to the Big East.

ACC schools are picking apart the GOR as we speak. It might not be worth the paper it’s written.

There will be some sort of settlement but it’s not stopping anything. Nada. Zippo.

Believing otherwise is insane. Why would you torch your school’s athletic future over it.

There are two lifeboats to bigtime football. B1G and SEC.

CL82

Reaction Score
I don't know why anyone is surprised by UConn baseball being a midmajor? The Big East is a single-bid conference unless UConn gets knocked out of the BE tourney. WCC basketball is better than that and they're certainly not a major conference
Because being a Midmajor isn’t a sport by sport determination.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Why would you torch your school’s athletic future over it.
This is it in a nutshell. Too many current ACC members will be torching their future if the GOR goes away. There aren't enough schools who would benefit from this to vote it out and the bulk of the conference will fight endlessly for enforcement out of self preservation.

Reaction Score
The surprising thing for me is I have fully expected a ND announcement of SOMETHING. Just some random we are monitoring the landscape and we'll catch you on the flipside. But nothing (unless I missed it). Usually Jack will say something.

Reaction Score
The surprising thing for me is I have fully expected a ND announcement of SOMETHING. Just some random we are monitoring the landscape and we'll catch you on the flipside. But nothing (unless I missed it). Usually Jack will say something.
Negotiations take time and Notre Dame is probably negotiating to try to get the Big Ten or it's TV partners to cover the majority of the costs of their ACC exit, as well as any chance they can get to keep their NBC side deal. Silence here probably indicates work being done.

Reaction Score
Because being a Midmajor isn’t a sport by sport determination.
If you notice, the AAC is also being labeled a mid-major conference. They use the term for any conference other than the P5.

CL82

Reaction Score
If you notice, the AAC is also being labeled a mid-major conference. They use the term for any conference other than the P5.
Oh, well I completely agree as to the American…

Reaction Score
This is it in a nutshell. Too many current ACC members will be torching their future if the GOR goes away. There aren't enough schools who would benefit from this to vote it out and the bulk of the conference will fight endlessly for enforcement out of self preservation.

They will be torching their future by staffing in their way on the way out the door. They will negotiate their way out. Plain and simple.

Nobody is going to stay in a sinking ship over a GoR. It might be expensive to get out, but well worth it.

Reaction Score
Don’t know if it is true, but I’ve heard from a few people that ND is getting pushback from 2 groups. 5hese folks are old grads who are active in alumni circles but not necessarily connected so this might be just talk. Pushback is coming from Alumni who don’t like the Big 10 any more now than they did 20 years ago and who still cling to the myth of independence. And faculty who think the way all this is going, essentially creating a minor league affiliated but independent of the universities, is just a bridge too far. In the end, I think ND to the Big happens, but it won’t be a layup.

Reaction Score
They will be torching their future by staffing in their way on the way out the door. They will negotiate their way out. Plain and simple.

Nobody is going to stay in a sinking ship over a GoR. It might be expensive to get out, but well worth it.
I also think if Clemson and whoever announce they are leaving at the end of the GOR, it does significant damage to the league. It then becomes in everyone’s interest to pull the bandaid off and get on with life however you can do it. Members who have no interest in the continued success of the undertaking are a hindrance to that in so many ways. From being The story every single week when they play to actually taking actions that undermine the league, to even winning titles. At some point it becomes worth it to make a deal to get rid of the problems.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom