Rayshaun Hammonds offer | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Rayshaun Hammonds offer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Did we think we were out of Hammonds' race when we offered Carlton? Or is Carlton a fast riser and could be top 50 in final rankings by next Spring?

I think Polley is the player who most conflicted with Hammonds, not Carlton. I assume that Hammonds did not show any strong preference towards UConn and was in the mix with a lot of southern schools, so when Polley was ready to commit to UConn Ollie didn't want to turn it down.

Reaction Score
Did we think we were out of Hammonds' race when we offered Carlton? Or is Carlton a fast riser and could be top 50 in final rankings by next Spring?
Yeah as King Husky said, Polley is the comparison for Hammonds, not Carlton. And Polley, from what I remember was considered to be a borderline top 100 guy. It's unlikely he passes Hammonds in the rankings, but he should still be a really good player for us

Reaction Score
Oh sure, you're lost. Pin your post. Let's look in 2 years.

It's easy to say that when you're going strictly by rankings. Hammonds probably has more short term upside, but Ollie and his staff believe they can turn Carlton into a contributor. That's good enough for me, and should be for you as well.

Why don't we give him a few years before we assume he can't contribute.

Reaction Score
We heard that too with the "raw" Rock Lubin

It's easy to say that when you're going strictly by rankings. Hammonds probably has more short term upside, but Ollie and his staff believe they can turn Carlton into a contributor. That's good enough for me, and should be for you as well.

Why don't we give him a few years before we assume he can't contribute.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
It's easy to say that when you're going strictly by rankings. Hammonds probably has more short term upside, but Ollie and his staff believe they can turn Carlton into a contributor.
They play different positions, so the comparison isn't necessary anyway.

Pro tip since you're relatively new: Don't bother to engage with @JSM1970. He knows nothing.

Reaction Score

Pro tip since you're relatively new: Don't bother to engage with @JSM1970. He knows nothing.

I should've known. His message to like ratio is among the worst on the yard.

Reaction Score
Any insiders know if we have any other under the radar targets to go along with the obvious Diallo? As on other posts it seems we've severly cooled on Bamba, or most likely vice-versa.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Any insiders know if we have any other under the radar targets to go along with the obvious Diallo? As on other posts it seems we've severly cooled on Bamba, or most likely vice-versa.
We're all in on Diallo, and have otherwise moved onto our 2018 recruiting.

We'd still take Bamba (duh) or a late, top-40 decommit who lands in our laps. But barring that it's time to familiarize yourself with our class of 2018 targets:

Verbal Commits

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
You just have to hope Durham was maybe a bit underrated coming out of hs, because the rest of the bigs and carlton aren't real like high end pro prospects. Durham was really really good before the major knee problems, but that was two summers ago.
Potential pro (NBA) prospects are great to have but if you can get a continuous supply of solid 4 year bigs to go with NBA caliber wings and guards you've got something going.
That combination I'm thinking would lead eventually to NBA caliber bigs. In KO we trust.

Reaction Score
Guess my info was wrong, good luck to the kid.

Let me preface this by saying all your insider posts are always appreciated. We all realize that kids change their mind. For the sake of curiosity, is the guy who gave you bad info the same guy who says Hami is a lock?

Reaction Score
Umm, really? I know only 1 non top 100 player at UConn has ever averaged 10 PPG in the last 25 years -- Gavin Edwards averaged 10.1 on an awful NIT team.

I know guys like Lubin and Michael Bradley were busts and transferred immediately. If you're saying Carlton, barely top 200, is as good as top 50 guys then we'll just have to wait & see.

Reaction Score
Umm, really? I know only 1 non top 100 player at UConn has ever averaged 10 PPG in the last 25 years -- Gavin Edwards averaged 10.1 on an awful NIT team.

I know guys like Lubin and Michael Bradley were busts and transferred immediately. If you're saying Carlton, barely top 200, is as good as top 50 guys then we'll just have to wait & see.

You can't even mention Gavin Edwards without twisting it into a negative, had to add "on an awful NIT team" geez who pisses in your cheerio's every day? Gavin Edwards was a very nice player as was Hilton Armstrong, Jake Voskhul who weren't Top 100 players at all either.

Reaction Score

when did anyone say Carlton was as good as they were? He can develop into a productive player. We don't attract a ton of 5 star talent so we have to develop the guys we get. I thought bradley never committed here?

Reaction Score
I'm saying it took a bad team for this to happen, it wouldn't have been the case on a good team.

I'm not negative, I'm tired of hearing rankings don't matter when there are few examples that they don't when you smooth it out.

Not sure where I said anything negative about Edwards.

You can't even mention Gavin Edwards without twisting it into a negative, had to add "on an awful NIT team" geez who pisses in your cheerio's every day? Gavin Edwards was a very nice player as was Hilton Armstrong, Jake Voskhul who weren't Top 100 players at all either.

Reaction Score

And for the posters who have been around, he used to go by @husky91.

Reaction Score
I'm saying it took a bad team for this to happen, it wouldn't have been the case on a good team.

I'm not negative, I'm tired of hearing rankings don't matter when there are few examples that they don't when you smooth it out.

Not sure where I said anything negative about Edwards.

What wouldn't have been the case on a good team, Gavin being a good player? I mean you brought him up as a guy who averaged double figures who wasn't a Top 100 then threw him straight under Fung Wah immediately with the "on a crappy NIT team". What world do you live in that this was a positive take on the guy? He was solid by his junior year and very good by his senior year. Would have been a contributor for any Husky team.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Let me preface this by saying all your insider posts are always appreciated. We all realize that kids change their mind. For the sake of curiosity, is the guy who gave you bad info the same guy who says Hami is a lock?
Yes. I'm going to suspend posting anything he tells me for awhile. Unless of course it's very concrete, or too big not to share. I'm fine taking ish for whatever people want to give me ish for, I just pass along what I'm told.

Reaction Score
Yes. I'm going to suspend posting anything he tells me for awhile. Unless of course it's very concrete, or too big not to share. I'm fine taking ish for whatever people want to give me ish for, I just pass along what I'm told.

keep doing what you're doing, don't listen to others. anyone who gives you shenanigans for contributing actual information whether it comes to fruition or not is a troll

Reaction Score
But your info wasn't really wrong. If I'm not mistaken you said you were hearing we "MAY" still get an unofficial. There was nothing concrete about that statement. And it probably was true. He most likely planned on visiting but fell in love with Georgia after the visit. It happens all the time..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom