Rayshaun Hammonds offer | The Boneyard

Rayshaun Hammonds offer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Top 75 kid from the south
mobile.twitter.com/shaun_coolin/status/758344596384468992?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Reaction Score
Hopefully Jeremy can help the staff out on this one.

Reaction Score
Hammons is #30 on ESPN's top 100. Really fast and athletic with solid touch. He's got some Marquese Chriss to him. Kind of a tweener but doesn't have the handle to play the wing. Interesting prospect, I wonder if Ricky can get in tight with him.

By the way, sites have him 6'7 and 6'8, but he measured in at 6'9 in shoes with a 6'11 wingspan at Nike Academy. Not bad length but he's got a relatively thin frame.

Reaction Score
He cut it down to the select few of ONLY FOURTEEN schools! Ridiculous.

Reaction Score
Great! Hopefully we are still in good shape a couple of months from now when he cuts his list to 6.

Reaction Score
Looks like he has already planned his 5 official visits and we are not one. Wouldn't hold my breath for this one.

Reaction Score
Looks like he has already planned his 5 official visits and we are not one. Wouldn't hold my breath for this one.

Nevermind. Looks like I spoke to soon. 2.4.7. had it incorrect.

Reaction Score
Maybe it's not set in stone. He deleted this:
image.jpg

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
247 is listing the OV now. Not overly impressed with him, but he's a bit more fluid than Polley.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
Someone from the staff saw Hammonds yesterday.

Reaction Score
This kid would be a monster at the 4 for KO, he was one of the best scorers in all of EYBL last season when he ran with the alabama challenge.really like him and polley as two way forward prospects, though hammonds seems more like a guy who could demand minutes fast. Lets also not forget he hails from jeremy lambs alma mater as well.

Reaction Score
got a crystal pick today...
One CB pick obviously doesn't mean much, but Fisher seems to be connected and has made a lot of correct picks well in advance of college decisions this year. He's a lot of UK fans' favorite recruiting expert.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
got a crystal pick today...
Strange. Hammonds is a combo-forward like Polley, and very probably a 3 or 4-year player. I would've thought, given our depth at those spots and scholarship situation, we'd have cooled on the kid.

Reaction Score
Strange. Hammonds is a combo-forward like Polley, and very probably a 3 or 4-year player. I would've thought, given our depth at those spots and scholarship situation, we'd have cooled on the kid.

Same here... but if we can get him, we have to do it! Yes, the scholarships will be disproportionately used on frontcourt players, but the last thing we need to worry about is Ollie being able to recruit guards in the future. The key to us having a good team is getting quality bigs to compliment the great guards he's been getting and will continue to get.

Reaction Score
Looking at this thread, it's worth noting that Hammonds really improved his ball skills and range, which he proved this summer. He also gets lauded for his first step and agility.

Polley is a true stretch 4, but Hammonds can and will play the 3 in college. He's more prepared to do so and it's probably best for his future.

ESPN and Hoopseen have him as a top 40. He's a spectacular backup option to Wilkes. We should all be consigning here in my opinion.

Rayshaun Hammonds, SF, 2017: Not many have had a better, more productive spring than the Peach State native. Rayshaun Hammonds was once thought of primarily as a combo, tweener forward that enjoyed playing on the perimeter. However, the Norcross junior has vastly improved his outside jumper and ball skills, all of which was on full display in Virginia. The lefty got to the basket off of a deadly first step, finished through contact, and showed some stones during his overtime clinching 23-footer at the buzzer. No wonder why Hammonds has become such a priority for the top SEC programs. - Corey Evans

Reaction Score
last update on his recruitment that I read was on Rivals(9/30) and UConn wasn't mentioned as a school getting a visit

Reaction Score
I wouldn't read too much into it. There hasn't been any confirmation yet that he's going to make a visit to UConn.

Also, there's this scout article from 10/6:

While Hammonds has dropped UConn from his shortlist because they recently signed a small forward, the silky smooth senior spent last weekend in Memphis, which remains under consideration. New coach, Tubby Smith, further instilled the “family” nature of basketball in his program with a tailgate party stop before the Memphis football game and a visit to the Smith home, where he met the Coach’s wife. He was also given a tour of the NBA Memphis Grizzlies facilities, where he was introduced to several players. The downside of Memphis is the school’s reliance on working local high schools for talent as a prime priority and the fact that future conference membership is uncertain.

Most likely explanation for the crystal ball pick is that he just cancelled his visit to Alabama and 247 has his next official visit listed as UConn for Nov 4. The official visit was never confirmed - Hammonds tweeted it out and then deleted it immediately and there was never any follow-up on it. 247 just never updated things on their side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom