Ray Rice video finally leaked | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Ray Rice video finally leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And I just want to repeat that what you saw on that video has probably been done by other nflers. There just isn't a video to catch it. Takes a real man to hit a woman. Pathetic.

Makes me so angry.

And domestic violence has gotten so bad in connecticut, they now have special dockets in criminal court specifically for those cases. Scary.

Reaction Score
And Plax's crime was having an unregistered gun, something many people plead out of without incident. It's not remotely comparable to punching a woman unconscious.

. Not comparing the crimes, just the fact they were out for years, came with baggage, and still got second chances.

It's a good thing I didn't compare the two incidents then isn't it? Because Plaxico's crime was nothing like Mike Vick's either, but that wasn't the point.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Interesting that people almost seemed as up in arms about the Centerplate CEO who kicked the dog in the elevator. He also was forced out of his job.

Reaction Score
Knowing about it is one thing - unfortunately some folks can dismiss that or minimize it. Seeing it happen makes it more real for some people and makes them become much more indignant about the incident.

I do agree with Fishy 100%, WTF did they think someone turning the lights out on another person looks like? Unreal.

Reaction Score
Apparently people need to see things on video to really grasp the reality and impact of something. It's the same frickin' crime as before, but now that there's video footage of a huge pro football player knocking out a woman for the world to see, it's suddenly the difference between a 2 game suspension and getting booted off the team.

Imagine if this video had came out after the suspension was over. The public backlash against the Ravens & the NFL would have been unprecedented.

Would be surprised if Rice is ever in an NFL uniform again.

Reaction Score
Looks like the Ravens released Ray Rice to save face from all the public outcry. We live in a new age of social media from even 2-3 years ago, seeing it on camera makes it all that much more of a difference. Didn't they get married the day after this incident tell me thats not an akward wedding. Well see what happens after this its gonna take a lot from Ray to earn his way back onto a team, no too mention he is a rb with tread on his tires.

Reaction Score
Apparently people need to see things on video to really grasp the reality and impact of something. It's the same frickin' crime as before, but now that there's video footage of a huge pro football player knocking out a woman for the world to see, it's suddenly the difference between a 2 game suspension and getting booted off the team.

Imagine if this video had came out after the suspension was over. The public backlash against the Ravens & the NFL would have been unprecedented.

Would be surprised if Rice is ever in an NFL uniform again.

Agreed 100 percent this is the new age in the media if an owner can get forced out for racial comments Ray Rice could get definitely be done..

Reaction Score
The act of raising it into the discussion is just odd Rock. It's not really relevant, it comes off strange.
Like I said, antecedents to behavior can't be ignored. Again, as I thought I made abundantly clear, RICE'S BEHAVIOR WAS CLEARLY EGREGIOUS, but in nearly every other case of human behavior, we look at the preceding events. Even in cases beyond human behavior, we look at what happened before; do we not try to figure out the environmental and structural factors that caused a bridge to collapse? Unless you're saying dude nailed her for absolutely no reason, which I don't think you would, these details are absolutely relevant. THEY DO NOT AUTOMATICALLY MEAN THAT RICE DID SOMETHING THAT WAS ANYTHING CLOSE TO ACCEPTABLE.

Reaction Score
Another curse from Dave Gavitt to a former Big East school.

Reaction Score
Another curse from Dave Gavitt to a former Big East school.
Good point. What was once the single shining example of RU athletics has changed in to possibly its darkest mark.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
What a POS. Good for the Ravens for cutting him. Will hopefully never play football ever again. Disgrace.

Reaction Score
The really scary part is that Rice will probably blame the Mrs for his failing career. I wouldn't want to be in her shoes at all.
Agree with this, but beyond that, I really have to ask how this creep is still walking the streets. apparently the local DA let him off with a plea bargain deal where he gets anger management. What he deserves is a few years in jail. Mrs Rice wouldn't testify against him, but they had the tape, for heaven sakes. And they couldn't do more than send him to anger management class?

Reaction Score
Agree with this, but beyond that, I really have to ask how this creep is still walking the streets. apparently the local DA let him off with a plea bargain deal where he gets anger management. What he deserves is a few years in jail. Mrs Rice wouldn't testify against him, but they had the tape, for heaven sakes. And they couldn't do more than send him to anger management class?

As horrible as that video is, and I can't fathom hitting a female with that type of haymaker in any situation unless she was standing over a child stabbing him, no one goes to jail for a first time domestic violence offense. Especially if they have no prior criminal history. Usually the victim will assume some responsibility for assault. Sad, but it happens all the time.

Reaction Score
My question.

Yesterday, the Ravens knew that Ray Rice knocked his wife unconscious. Two game suspension.

Today, the Ravens 'saw' Ray Rice knock his wife unconscious and were so outraged that they released him immediately.

Um, what in the holy f--- did they think Ray Rice knocking his wife unconscious looked like? Were they suddenly surprised at how brutal a huge dude punching a woman unconscious looked like?!

Zero credit to the Ravens today. None, nada, zilch.

I only feel badly for Mrs. Rice who not only had to endure an attack, but who know has her future thrown completely into doubt.
Anyone giving credit to the Ravens and Goodell have it all wrong, Goodell looks absolutely horrible in all of this.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Like I said, antecedents to behavior can't be ignored. Again, as I thought I made abundantly clear, RICE'S BEHAVIOR WAS CLEARLY EGREGIOUS

I read your qualifying statement. It didn't go over my head. You didn't come off like an anthropologist trying to get to the bottom of the human condition, you came off like someone dancing somewhere between making light of the situation with words like "roided up rattle snake" and "little chip" and insinuating that while were on the subject of Rice being a scumbag, let's not miss the chance to at least entertain that on some small level Rice's fiance played a role in the ultimate outcome.

It's strange. Even with your bright shining "I don't support domestic violence qualifier." So what I was trying to politely suggest was that maybe it wasn't a good idea to jump down the throat of the first person who isolated it as such.

I read this board too much. There's been a handful of posters overtime who have started to stand out from the pack as insightful or funny or crazy. I start to learn their avatars and their usernames.

The MO I've developed on you over time is that about 50% of your posts are you being critical of someone else's position. You've taken an odd one here. Don't be surprised to learn more than a couple people reading it will not agree. Let 'em be.

Reaction Score
First, its a joke that Rice isn't in prison. I'm in no way a Rice sympathizer and he should have been suspended for the year immediately.

That said, the reaction to this video is very bizarre. Everyone is up in arms with the video but how the hell did people, the NFL, the Ravens, etc. think she got knocked out. The video is not even as disturbing to me as was the video where he dragged her lifeless body out of a hallway. This whole thing is weird, people are weird, etc.

I just hope Goodell saw the video and tried to cover it up and there is an excuse to sh_tcan him.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The really scary part is that Rice will probably blame the Mrs for his failing career. I wouldn't want to be in her shoes at all.
I was thinking that as well.

Reaction Score
My question.

Yesterday, the Ravens knew that Ray Rice knocked his wife unconscious. Two game suspension.

Today, the Ravens 'saw' Ray Rice knock his wife unconscious and were so outraged that they released him immediately.

Um, what in the holy f--- did they think Ray Rice knocking his wife unconscious looked like? Were they suddenly surprised at how brutal a huge dude punching a woman unconscious looked like?!

Zero credit to the Ravens today. None, nada, zilch.

I only feel badly for Mrs. Rice who not only had to endure an attack, but who know has her future thrown completely into doubt.
I find it hard to feel bad for Mrs. Rice. If I were to pull that on my wife she would divorce me in a heartbeat. I would never ever do something like that. Marrying him 1 month later says alot about her, not in a good way.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Let's be honest, Ray Rice had every opportunity to buy this tape from TMZ and failed.

If he was willing to part with enough of his previous and future cash, he'd have the tape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom