Raphael "Blaze" Chillious | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Raphael "Blaze" Chillious

Reaction Score
No his takeaway is that the 'would have been offered and likely accepted' is supposition. It's a valid observation.

I thought my point about Norlander was pretty obvious.

You understood it. It's slanderous to publicly state, unequivocally, that someone would do something illegal and/or unethical, especially if you weren't at the meeting and don't know the context of the discussion. Who can know what Chillious would have done then or in the future, no matter what he said at the time, when responding to the "offer" for future "help".

Recruiting is a relation-based process and it's doubtful many coaches would burn any possible future relationships. The ones with integrity would just leave and make a mental or written note about what happened and tell their head coach "we need to stay away from these guys." Hopefully our coaches have integrity.
[/QUOTE]

Reaction Score
I’m sorry, but Chillious is and has been a joke. He rode Markell Fultz’s coattails into a little bit of respect, but no matter where he has gone the team has been a train wreck. He clearly can’t coach, and given that Otz played a big role in recruiting Fultz too, I’m not sure what other proof there is that he’s even a good recruiter.

This is all without even mentioning that he was willing to take bribes to steer kids he coached towards specific agents. He’s a loser through any lens.
Not unlike his former boss at UConn who road Calhoun and Napier’s coattails.

Reaction Score
Also trying to understand the crime - I guess it would be stuff such as mail fraud, bank and tax fraud. People get legally paid to influence others all the time - so is it really about the mechanics of how someone is being compensated from an FBI perspective? I understand NCAA association rules are different but breaking those isn’t necessarily a crime.

That's the argument their lawyers made. NCAA violation but no federal crime. Evans ended up pleading guilty to federal conspiracy bribery. I thought there were some wire fraud stuff, but that may be in the sneaker company trial, not this one. I would assume as government employees they are held to a pretty high standard on this stuff.

C

Chief00

While it's unfair to speculate about what Chillous would have done if offered money, the mere fact that he was in attendance at such a meeting is disturbing, at the very least.
I hear you - but also at a summer AAU tournament in Vegas and gets invited up to a beautiful hotel suite for some drinks and chat with other coaches and guys with sneaker connections - for better or worse it’s not exactly out of the college basketball mainstream.

Reaction Score
While it's unfair to speculate about what Chillous would have done if offered money, the mere fact that he was in attendance at such a meeting is disturbing, at the very least.

Have you guys even been reading the recent stuff on people being offered but not getting money from them?

Because, well, there are coaches in the same boat who are currently employed by UConn.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I hear you - but also at a summer AAU tournament in Vegas and gets invited up to a beautiful hotel suite for some drinks and chat with other coaches and guys with sneaker connections - for better or worse it’s not exactly out of the college basketball mainstream.

Sure, I get that, however these coaches aren't naive...they're all insiders and know what's going on. A free party is what it is, but as you can readily see just from this thread, guilt by mere association is something to be avoided, particularly with UCONN's past history of NCAA violations. You're asking for trouble.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Have you guys even been reading the recent stuff on people being offered but not getting money from them?

Because, well, there are coaches in the same boat who are currently employed by UConn.
?

Reaction Score
How does a coach teach and coach a player that the kid knows they both got paid for the kid to play there ? I just read that Fulton is not doing so well in the NBA?

darn autocorrect t. fULTZ

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom