Random Thoughts From First Five Games 2022 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Random Thoughts From First Five Games 2022

Reaction Score
Watch out for Ashlynn.....she promises to be an incredible player, AA and show stopper. I predict she will take over from Paige as best in WCBB. Ashlynn v Azzi?

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Ayanna is getting more controlled…..she could be a force in the boards come March.
Come February and March I am hoping for Ayanna to have a "Samarie Walker versus Britteny Griner" moment while she is guarding Aaliyah Boston. Yeah asking for a bit much but who expected Samarie to shut down Griner. But let's skip the Walker aftermath.
"Griner made her first shot of the game and also made four free throws in the first 3:06 of the game. Walker entered the game with 15:42 to play in the first half and didn’t allow Griner to score the rest of the half."

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Come February and March I am hoping for Ayanna to have a "Samarie Walker versus Britteny Griner" moment while she is guarding Aaliyah Boston. Yeah asking for a bit much but who expected Samarie to shut down Griner. But let's skip the Walker aftermath.
"Griner made her first shot of the game and also made four free throws in the first 3:06 of the game. Walker entered the game with 15:42 to play in the first half and didn’t allow Griner to score the rest of the half."
Or Heather Buck vs Griner in her finest game as a Husky

Reaction Score
We can and we have because we had to. This season. Azzi is more than a “deep ball”
We don't. Paige is probably the most outrageously confident player we've had since Taurasi, and players like that with top shelf talent to back it up, are in a class all of their own which is why they are rare.

Reaction Score
We don't. Paige is probably the most outrageously confident player we've had since Taurasi, and players like that with top shelf talent to back it up, are in a class all of their own which is why they are rare.
Oh you were talking confidence. Now I understand. I was thinking points, assist and the three ball.

Reaction Score
So a thread on random thoughts of the first five games of the season turns into a treatise on a player who has not played a second in any of them…….

Reaction Score
We can and we have because we had to. This season. Azzi is more than a “deep ball”
Indeed, Azzi is that.....she can do anything and strong enough to withstand contact and still make the shot. She has a good handle and is increasingly confident functioning as a supplementary PG.

Reaction Score
So a thread on random thoughts of the first five games of the season turns into a treatise on a player who has not played a second in any of them…….
Par for the course. Can’t help it.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
When you look at the early season games you have to ask did we execute the game plan. Against Iowa I believe the play was to contain Clark and Czianao and we did. That resulted in Martin going off for a career nite. Marshall knocked down a bunch of shots too and UConn won. The biggest difference was our shooters were clutch when the goin got tuff. Azzi was sensational. Everybody pitched in and showed us who they are. They were fearless. In prior years we looked for Paige to bail us out. Now we are confident enough to take the ball and do it ourselves. We can do it ourselves because we can create our own shots when we need to. There are teams who dont have players who can create their shots. They can knock down wide open shots but they cant create their own shots. Another point is UConn is quick and balanced and disciplined. Except for the 2nd qtr of the Iowa game where UConn looked a little lost. In that qtr Geno made the adjustments and UConn regained their confidence.

As far as Sundays game @ND. We must stay out of serious foul trouble and we should win by double digits. We are playing well and we are playing with confidence. I dont think ND can beat us but we an beat ourselves.

Reaction Score
When you look at the early season games you have to ask did we execute the game plan. Against Iowa I believe the play was to contain Clark and Czianao and we did. That resulted in Martin going off for a career nite. Marshall knocked down a bunch of shots too and UConn won. The biggest difference was our shooters were clutch when the goin got tuff. Azzi was sensational. Everybody pitched in and showed us who they are. They were fearless. In prior years we looked for Paige to bail us out. Now we are confident enough to take the ball and do it ourselves. We can do it ourselves because we can create our own shots when we need to. There are teams who dont have players who can create their shots. They can knock down wide open shots but they cant create their own shots. Another point is UConn is quick and balanced and disciplined. Except for the 2nd qtr of the Iowa game where UConn looked a little lost. In that qtr Geno made the adjustments and UConn regained their confidence.

As far as Sundays game @ND. We must stay out of serious foul trouble and we should win by double digits. We are playing well and we are playing with confidence. I dont think ND can beat us but we an beat ourselves.

It's important to remember that this team is different from the team two years ago. I don't think this team would wait for Bueckers. Nor will they next season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom