OT: - Raiders release Antonio Brown | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Raiders release Antonio Brown

Reaction Score
Whose going to get bounced first. Brown or Gordon?
They are insurance policies against each other, with the almost certainty that BOTH won't make it through the whole year. AB will be over at Tom's house on their day off Monday - throwing the ball around in the back yard, learning the Pats' terminology & plays, meeting Gisele and the kids, maybe some iced tea....

Go Pats!!!

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
Rumor is that he is heading to Foxborough/Foxboro:

I am guessing that he will be heading to Arlington TX.
My guess was wrong but I find it amazing that his ending up in NE rumor, even before he was released, appears to be happening. Hmm.
And the game he misses playing in is against the team from Pittsburgh. This whole mess seems very suspicious. Oh, I am a Pats fan, if I watch the NFL at all.

Reaction Score
My guess was wrong but I find it amazing that his ending up in NE rumor, even before he was released, appears to be happening. Hmm.
And the game he misses playing in is against the team from Pittsburgh. This whole mess seems very suspicious. Oh, I am a Pats fan, if I watch the NFL at all.

Well BB has got some great mileage out of other malcontents before - Rodney Harrison, Corey Dillon, Randy Moss, so maybe he can spin his magic one more time. That being said, this guy Antonio Brown seems to be way, way, out there on the edge....of something.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Not sure what he can extort but he will probably land on a better team.

He WILL be on a roster this time next week. He may be attractive to some of the teams that lose this weekend. You can bet when he informed his agent (Drew Rosenhaus) that he wanted out of Oakland, Rosenhaus immediately got on the phone to the other clubs that were also vying for his services along with Oakland this spring before Brown chose to sign with the Raiders.

“Now that Antonio is a free agent, we are focused on the future and I will immediately work on signing him to a new team,” said Rosenhaus. Brown said he wants "a fresh start". :eek:

Drew Rosenhaus embarks on search for Antonio Brown’s next team

As I recall, those teams were the Patriots, the Saints, the Titans, the Redskins, and one other team I can't recall.

In spite of the all of the unprofessional and petulant behavior committed by Brown, and the distractions he brought to Raider camp, there are 1-2 teams that would still be willing to sign him since he's an unrestricted free agent, and put him on a very short leash. Head bang

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Wow! Is there anybody here who doesn't think he is going to be problem for the Pats? This guy has never been told no in his life...not unusual for a gifted professional athlete...but, spoiled as he is...I find it hard to believe that he will suddenly become a boyscout.
I had the same feeling when Randy Moss signed with the Patriots and all Moss did was set a single season record for TD receptions while rehabilitating his tarnished image. I think Brown wanted out of the Raiders. In NE you do your job or you’re gone. I would be surprised if Brown pulls the same nonsense with the Patriots.

Last edited:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
And suddenly the newest Patriot goes from "cancer" to "worthy of another chance", at least in the eyes of many around here. ;)

Pats fan and I'm pissed. We already have a sick receiving corps. Guys who are easy to Root for. And Brown around 24/7 isn't going to help out Josh Gordon at all.

Maybe AB will show up to his first game in a blimp.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Wow! Is there anybody here who doesn't think he is going to be problem for the Pats? This guy has never been told no in his life...not unusual for a gifted professional athlete...but, spoiled as he is...I find it hard to believe that he will suddenly become a boyscout.

Think back...........................every player with a "badboy" reputation that went to the Pats, behaved themselves, starting with Corey Dillon. You know how "tight" Belilchick's ship is over there. The man does not play, nor does he tolerate any unprofessionalism. Belichick: "Do your job, keep your mouth shut, or get out." :cool:

Brown however is "special". He's a ME guy, not a WE guy. He's already on record saying that anyone that deals with him, will do by HIS rules. IF Brown goes there, I'll bet my turban, cape and my entire wardrobe that he won't last a month. ;)

By the way, here is Brown's (Mr BIG chest) reaction when he found out he had been released by the Raiders...................

Last edited:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I couldn't hate the Pats any more than I do already. This just solidifies it. I hope the team ends up in the worse kind of hell of their own making.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Get ready for a lot of video's (or tweets?) calling the Raider's a clown organization and Derek Carr an inferior QB and he is glad he can finally play on a first class team blah blah

Then will NE react?

Carnac

Reaction Score
Pats fan and I'm pissed. We already have a sick receiving corps. Guys who are easy to Root for. And Brown around 24/7 isn't going to help out Josh Gordon at all.

Maybe AB will show up to his first game in a blimp.

Or maybe a parachute? :eek:

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
As a lifelong Steelers fan and former season ticket holder, I was grateful that Antonio played for the Steelers. Then I was happy that he left. Now I am happy that he signed with the Pats. If anyone can get something out of him it is BB. But I am not convinced AB is redeemable. One the most spoiled and selfish and vainglorious players ever, and that is a big deal.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Whose going to get bounced first. Brown or Gordon?

BROWN. Gordon has issues, but not the type that are detrimental to the team. His are dependency issues. Brown has disruptive psychological issues. My money is on Brown..........................all the way.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I couldn't hate the Pats any more than I do already. This just solidifies it. I hope the team ends up in the worse kind of hell of their own making.

If, and that's a ginormous if, these guys stay on the field/team, this will the scariest offense I've ever seen. Only 4 active receivers with a 1600+ yard season. And 3of them are on the Pats. Oh and throw Julien Edelman in for good measure. Plus they are built to power run. There are not enough footballs to go around.

Chances just ONE of those guys makes it to the playoffs. I'm going 25%.

It'll be great for all of about 5 games!

Last edited:

Carnac

Reaction Score
Completely accurate I agree. Now, lets see if Brown can somehow get his Oakland money and NE money at the same time. ;)

In addition, the Raiders sent Brown a letter stating that he no longer would be entitled to termination pay, sources told ESPN’s senior writer and football insider Adam Schefter. As a result, Brown would have been playing on a week-to-week basis with both his guaranteed money voided and lack of termination pay.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm a lifelong Pats fan but this move seems to be the diciest of BB's career. But of anyone can do it, it's him. He jettisoned Moss back in 2010 in a heartbeat when Randy began chirping about a new contract just after the season began. So now it looks like he has 3 reclamation WR projects going on- Josh Gordon, Demarious Thomas, and now this guy. Highly doubtful all 3 will contribute heavily, I'm hoping for at least one of them maybe even 2 if we are lucky.

Reaction Score
Think back.......every player with a "badboy" reputation that went to the Pats, behaved themselves, starting with Corey Dillon. You know how "tight" Belilchick's ship is over there. The man does not play, nor does he tolerate any unprofessionalism.

Brown however is "special". He's a ME guy, not a WE guy. He's already on record saying that anyone that deals with him, will do by HIS rules. IF Brown goes there, I'll bet my turban, cape and my entire wardrobe that he won't last a month. ;)

Remember that Belichik was Lawrence Taylor's defensive coordinator. Taylor was about as undisciplined as they come and the Giant coaching staff just looked the other way because a) he was always totally prepared for the game and b) he was loved by his team mates. For all the claims that Brown, OBJ et al were too disruptive, they seemed to be good team mates, with their complaints being directed to management/coaching. I wonder if the current Giant organization would have tolerated Taylor, or if he would have been traded.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Remember that Belichik was Lawrence Taylor's defensive coordinator. Taylor was about as undisciplined as they come and the Giant coaching staff just looked the other way because a) he was always totally prepared for the game and b) he was loved by his team mates. For all the claims that Brown, OBJ et al were too disruptive, they seemed to be good team mates, with their complaints being directed to management/coaching. I wonder if the current Giant organization would have tolerated Taylor, or if he would have been traded.
While LT’s behavior off the field was certainly questionable, he didn’t miss practice or challenge the coaches like Brown. On the field, LT was the most intense, committed player I’ve ever seen play the game.

Carnac

Reaction Score

Yes, I remember. I also remember that he was beloved by the "Tuna" (Bill Parcells), THE HEAD COACH (that calls all the shots, and has the last word). Taylor strutted around the locker room like a peacock. He was also one of the leaders in the locker room. Parcells was extremely unabashed and effusive in his praise and respect for Taylor. Because LT brought it. He took care of business on the field.

Parcells had no problem admitting to anyone that there were two sets of rules for the team. One set for LT and a few others, and a set for everyone else. ;)

ALL of the players knew that. No one crossed the Tuna. Players on his teams gave Parcells a wide birth. Unless you were one of his favorites, if you slacked off, or pis*** him off, he'd cut you in a heart beat. ;) Most of his players liked playing for him, and wanted to keep their jobs. So there you go.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yes, I remember. I also remember that he was beloved by the "Tuna" (Bill Parcells), and strutted around the locker room like a peacock. He was also a leader in the locker room. Parcells was extremely unabashed and effusive in his praise and respect for Taylor. He had no problem admitting to anyone that there were two sets of rules for the team. One set for LT and a few others, and a set for everyone else. ;)

ALL of the players knew that. No one crossed the Tuna. Players on his teams gave him a wide birth. Unless you were one of his favorites. If you slacked off, or pis*** him off, he'd cut you in a heart beat. ;)
Would have loved to see the Tuna be LeBron’s basketball coach

Carnac

Reaction Score
And he has signed with the Patriots- just saw a bulletin.....wow....

As I predicted in post #29.

Last edited:

Carnac

Reaction Score
Get ready for a lot of video's (or tweets?) calling the Raider's a clown organization and Derek Carr an inferior QB and he is glad he can finally play on a first class team blah blah

Then will NE react?

It will be very interesting to see if Brown continues posting on social media with the frequency he has in the recent past. That's a no-no with Belichick. What’s said and done inside the Patriot’s facility is expected to stay there. That policy is in direct conflict with Brown’s personal need to put EVERYTHING that happens to or around him on social media. Brown has a very serious addiction to social media. He craves attention. His past actions speak for themselves.

Don’t expect “the Patriot way” to force Brown to become a Boy Scout over night. It won’t happen.

Lest we forget, no man can serve two masters. I’ll be surprised if Brown is still on the roster on November 1. I don’t think he’ll last that long. He’ll crap and step back in it, and Belichick will dismiss him. :D

Stay tuned. :cool:

Last edited:

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
Completely accurate I agree. Now, lets see if Brown can somehow get his Oakland money and NE money at the same time. ;)
If the Raiders voided his guaranteed money, which is why he "requested" to be released, I would guess that he is not going to be getting any money from them.
And I really don't understand why Kraft would guarantee that much money for him...especially when the odds are not that great that he will be on the team for the complete season, according to the opinions of many people.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom