Rahsool Diggins the recruiter | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Rahsool Diggins the recruiter

Reaction Score
Yes, he’s the best player CT has ever seen.
Calvin Murphy? Walt Luckett?

Straight out of HS that is. Luckett did not amount to much of a pro. Let us hope so.

Reaction Score
Dont forget that Agent Sool is also working on Justice Williams. He is going to put together a top 5 class!

Reaction Score
Calvin Murphy? Walt Luckett?

Straight out of HS that is. Luckett did not amount to much of a pro. Let us hope so.
Luckett was the #1 high school player in the country, why did he go to Ohio University?

Sounds like he would've been great going forward but his knee derailed him.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Super John Williamson could have an argument on best ever.
Super John, Luckett, and Murphy went to New Mexico State, Ohio U and Niagra respectively. Did UConn even have a program then?

Reaction Score
Super John, Luckett, and Murphy went to New Mexico State, Ohio U and Niagra respectively. Did UConn even have a program then?

They certainly didn’t have a real good recruiter. Love Dee Rowe but his style probably wasn’t easy to sell to athletes like these guys. I’m not even sure it was Dee?

Reaction Score

To say it was a different time then is an incredible understatement. It was common for great high school players from the inner cities to end up at second tier basketball schools in the late 60's and early 70's. Just some examples are Julius Erving, Nate Archibald, George Gervin and Artis Gilmore. A lot of the guys also got their start in the ABA where the "street game" was much more tolerated than the NBA.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
To say it was a different time then is an incredible understatement. It was common for great high school players from the inner cities to end up at second tier basketball schools in the late 60's and early 70's. Just some examples are Julius Erving, Nate Archibald, George Gervin and Artis Gilmore.
During an unprecedented time for CT HS talent, the creme all went elsewhere.

Reaction Score
Yes I’m the 70’s there was a great amount of talent in CT HS basketball. Gminski, Garris, Pinone, Corny, McKay, Bagley, Murphy, Soup, Sly,were all late 70’s!

Reaction Score
Yes I’m the 70’s there was a great amount of talent in CT HS basketball. Gminski, Garris, Pinone, Corny, McKay, Bagley, Murphy, Soup, Sly,were all late 70’s!
I played against McKay and Bags plus Wes Matthews in HS. All on the same Warren Harding team. Wasn't pretty.
Edit ... Garris in that time frame too.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
On Diggins Instagram story he tags Dereck Lively the #39 player in country (Center 2022) to “come to UConn”. This guy is awesome

Being recruited by Tom Moore.

As much as we would love Clingan this wouldn’t be a bad back up. He follows both Moore and Diggins on twitter and insta.
Mourning and Mutumbo worked out for GTown

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Mourning and Mutumbo worked out for GTown

Zero championships and zero FF's for them. Not the standard UConn fans want when looking towards the future.

The Okafor, Charlie V, Josh and Hilton reference is what UConn fans want when thinking multiple bigs.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Zero championships and zero FF's for them. Not the standard UConn fans want when looking towards the future.

The Okafor, Charlie V, Josh and Hilton reference is what UConn fans want when thinking multiple bigs.

Yeah, you would’ve rejected having those two together on your roster and I’m Michael Jordan.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Just gonna say what everyone is thinking. Are we sure Clingan is good?
If players are allowed to go directly to the NBA from high school I think there is an excellent chance of us never seeing clingan in a huskies uniform. He is that good!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Yeah, you would’ve rejected having those two together on your roster and I’m Michael Jordan.

Not saying I would have rejected them but they didn't accomplish anything noteworthy.

Mutombo was very raw offensively and Mourning only had a back to basket game.
Houston Rockets couldn't figure out how to win with Sampson and Olajuwon either.
It's not the end of the world to have two bigs who didn't win a championship or lead a team to excellence.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
I played against McKay and Bags plus Wes Matthews in HS. All on the same Warren Harding team. Wasn't pretty.
Edit ... Garris in that time frame too.
Ewekon, what were the scores like? My goodness. That was a stacked squad!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom