rabid fan base | Page 3 | The Boneyard

rabid fan base

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't believe that to be true... I'm in Section 203 (by choice - 2nd 3 year cycle same seats) and the group around this area is fairly loud and knowledgable with the same faces. I can see the sections on either side. No more or no less attendance or noise than the "UConn Bench" side. Businesses have their seats all around the Rent. The only consistently filled section is the parent's section. We have a lot of room for improvement here.

Well let's agree to disagree. I've been watching them for 7 years. I'm talking about the lower bowl.

Reaction Score
Well let's agree to disagree. I've been watching them for 7 years. I'm talking about the lower bowl.

Before i get called out for not knowing where my seats are... Need to fix fat finger typo - in Section 202, but was in 203 for first two three year cycles.

Reaction Score
Winning cures everything. Louisville has similar tendencies, for what it's worth - a basketball-first clientele but an AD with football fever. When we're winning and lot's at stake, we fill our joint up. Otherwise, we're casual, lol. The secret is winning, I'm afraid. Anyone can get up for teams who impress and inspire. Neither place will have the Big 10-12-SEC type of pageantry which clusters around the sport like Church services. There's simply more to do than what entertains state schools.

Reaction Score
I remember Robert Griffin saying that the Rent had the loudest most intimidating fanbase he had ever encountered.

So, things have changed in 2-3 years, but that's what happens when enthusiasm is dampened because of coaching.

Reaction Score
I was there last night and it was impressive, especially by the student section, coordinated chants, knowing when to be loud, etc.

But, it was about 8K short of a full house and more importantly to the "football school" Louisville, if they had more than 500 fans there for their BCS shot it was a lot. Pathetic showing by the Louisville fanbase.

Otherwise, awesome environment and RU is eager and ready for their entrance in the BIG from a gameday experience. Fun time.

if you were really there last night, you would know that there was NOT 8K empty seats.

The game was sold out in advance, and for those wondering why, then were their empty sets in the upper corners of the stadium....it is because those sections are also for students when the demand for tickets is greater than what the main student section can handle. But the students sitting up there all JAM in to the endzone student section....so it looks like the stadium is not full.

Reaction Score
if you were really there last night, you would know that there was NOT 8K empty seats.

The game was sold out in advance, and for those wondering why, then were their empty sets in the upper corners of the stadium....it is because those sections are also for students when the demand for tickets is greater than what the main student section can handle. But the students sitting up there all JAM in to the endzone student section....so it looks like the stadium is not full.

Wrong, it's what happens when some entity buys up the remaining seats, it's a paper sell out, not fannies in the seats, NOT every seat snapped up by rabid fans.

Reaction Score
Wrong, it's what happens when some entity buys up the remaining seats, it's a paper sell out, not fannies in the seats, NOT every seat snapped up by rabid fans.

Wrong. If the students sat in their actual seats and not jammed into the student section in the endzone...every seat would have been occupied. I know that goes against your view that we didn't sell out...but the truth is the truth.

Reaction Score
Wrong. If the students sat in their actual seats and not jammed into the student section in the endzone...every seat would have been occupied. I know that goes against your view that we didn't sell out...but the truth is the truth.

Exactly. Not that it prevented Rutgers from choking, but the stadium was at the listed capacity. Maybe they should consider upgrading the number of tickets they sell since the place obviously can hold more.

Reaction Score
1. the team has sucked to watch. They can barely complete a forward pass, there is no speed or skill on offense
2. the coaching is awful, the team is not fundamentally sound (important when 95% of the fan base roots for Bill belichick and tom coughlin coached teams)
3. the head coach comes across in interviews and sideline shots an old man who saw the game pass him by years ago
4. the conference realignment stuff has sourced most of the fans on team and sport. IF Uconn is not going to compete nationally, no one will care around here becasue all the favorite teams in this regiona compete for titles
5. the schedule at home has been terrible (how many ranked teams have ever played at the Rent?). and just when it jumps up a notch in 2013, Uconn is likely to put out a team that cannot complete
6. BUT, fans are no longer supporting the mens team and even the women are seeing big declines in attendance. Part of that is the economy and Hd TV, part of it a little disgust over the recruiting/APR stuff for the men and some of it is the lack of marketing and promotion of the program by the athletic ddepartment

Reaction Score
1. the team has sucked to watch. They can barely complete a forward pass, there is no speed or skill on offense (BTW - Tell Ryan Griffin or Geremy Davis that)
2. the coaching is awful, the team is not fundamentally sound (important when 95% of the fan base roots for Bill belichick and tom coughlin coached teams)
3. the head coach comes across in interviews and sideline shots an old man who saw the game pass him by years ago
4. the conference realignment stuff has sourced most of the fans on team and sport. IF Uconn is not going to compete nationally, no one will care around here becasue all the favorite teams in this regiona compete for titles
5. the schedule at home has been terrible (how many ranked teams have ever played at the Rent?). and just when it jumps up a notch in 2013, Uconn is likely to put out a team that cannot complete (Get the point but you also can't predict how good teams will be when you schedule them in advance)
6. BUT, fans are no longer supporting the mens team and even the women are seeing big declines in attendance. Part of that is the economy and Hd TV, part of it a little disgust over the recruiting/APR stuff for the men and some of it is the lack of marketing and promotion of the program by the athletic ddepartment

... and some is just a spoiled entitled whiny fanbase (not pointed @ you Kev). Kind of like the ACC mindset when it comes to UConn. "It'll always be there when I want it).

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Rabid fan base! Lmfao! Please lucky if 25 k showed up get ready for the MAC.

Reaction Score
EdDaigneault: FYI, second-smallest crowd ever at Rentschler Field (33,112).

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
EdDaigneault: FYI, second-smallest crowd ever at Rentschler Field (33,112).

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Shocker!eveyone will bitch though, it's time for those to go away

Reaction Score
Anyone remember the game at Vandy? That's an SEC team and the atmosphere was god awful.

Also, in regards to the ACC take a look at a BC, Wake, UVA, and Maryland attendance percentages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom