r/CollegeBasketball user claims to have insider info on Cooper Flagg -> UConn* | Page 15 | The Boneyard

r/CollegeBasketball user claims to have insider info on Cooper Flagg -> UConn*

Status
Not open for further replies.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
IMG_3309.jpeg

Reaction Score
Not probably, it does. Duke has 11 more Final Fours and Elite 8s than us. 6 more title game appearances.

We equal them in titles, which is obviously awesome. But our meaningful history starts in 1990 (and far too many suggest 1999), and theirs starts in 1960 (and far too many suggest 1986).

Given the fact that they had a 30 year head start, we look pretty good. But their post-season record, head to head, is way better, even if you think "title or bust."
So they are 5-6 in tithe games?? Vs our 5-0?? And you think that is an advantage for THEM??

Interesting logic

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Does anyone remember a tweet/quote of coopers parent saying NIL isn’t a factor? Or am I going insane?

Reaction Score
I never made up point about the conferences “historically”. Y’all are over thinking it. The BE is and has been the better conference in recent history. Cooper is being recruited to the 2023 ACC and Big East. Not the early 2000 version. Idc about any of this you are posting as it has nothing to do with the fact that the ACC is a mediocre power basketball conference in the year of our Lord. The End

It’s like saying Luka Doncic should sign with the bulls because historically of the past 30 years they’re great. No one cares when they suck NOW. I know, us Knick fans have lived off of the 90’s Knicks for 2 decades and no one else cares lmao
The 90s? What did the Knicks win then? We’re still living off the late 60s and early 70s

Reaction Score
So once a snowbound hick, always a snowbound hick? As somone who grew up in Maine, weather and proximity to a real city is a legit selection criteria. But I think i get your point.
So why would his final 2 be in storrs, ct and Durham, nc? It was a reach. Cooper isn’t going to be swayed by slightly milder weather in NC.

Reaction Score
I’m checking this thread way more often than I should, as a husband, parent, and business owner. This is my crack. Keep it coming. At this point, I’m all in that Coop and Big Patt commit in the next 30 days. I’ll take 1 of 2, but God help me, I believe.

Reaction Score
The 90s? What did the Knicks win then? We’re still living off the late 60s and early 70s
At least the Mets got one in the 80s. The Knicks, Jets and Mets have very similar histories. Thank God for the Yankees and Giants for some winning in the last 50 years.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
I hope you’re not saying that a kid who grew up in Maine wants hot weather and a large city? If he goes to Duke he’s definitely going to want air conditioning 8 months out of the year.
I can't believe you're not even the first person in this thread to make this inane suggestion. I grew up in Maine, and believe me, by the time I was a junior in high school nothing sounded better than warm weather and a big city.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I can't believe you're not even the first person in this thread to make this inane suggestion. I grew up in Maine, and believe me, by the time I was a junior in high school, nothing sounded better than hot weather and a big city.
And that place is Durham, NC? Stop! Lmfaooo

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
And that place is Durham, NC? Stop! Lmfaooo
Tell me where I said that. The concept that a kid who grew up in Maine couldn't possibly want to move somewhere that's different (more different than Storrs) is flat out moronic.

Reaction Score
Tell me where I said that. The concept that a kid who grew up in Maine couldn't possibly want to move somewhere that's different (more different than Storrs) is flat out moronic.
The whole conversation was about pros and cons to picking UConn or Duke. What are you talking about

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom