Quit crying | The Boneyard

Quit crying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
7th seed is being ranked from 24-28. Maybe a tad low. But don't lose to Houston and SMU twice and L'ville three times if you want a higher seed. With the exception of one game we couldn't break 70 points in the last eight.

Two games in Buffalo and then on to New York City, where we will have nice support.

Time for KO to prove this is the reason we hired him. The season starts with practice tomorrow. Everything to this point means nothing. Only tomorrow counts.

Have a good cry if it will make you feel better. But it doesn't matter, you have to beat good teams to advance. This is much better than last year.

Reaction Score
I agree that our draw was not terrible...but SMU was ranked in that 24-28 range and aren't even in the tourney

pj

Reaction Score
It's a decent bracket for us. St Joe's and Villanova are tough teams but we can beat them. UNC or Iowa State is about what you should expect for a Sweet Sixteen matchup. UVa is about what you should expect for an Elite Eight matchup / 1 seed. I'm glad we're not facing Louisville, Florida, or Arizona.

If the team comes together and players play at their best, we have a chance to make a good run. All of these teams are limited. Villanova has been killed by 3 point shooting and we have some of the best. UVa hangs their hat on defense and isn't a great scoring team. We can hang with them. Not saying we'll be favored in these games, but we'll be competitive.

The AAC was underseeded overall, but it worked out fine as far as I can see. Louisville has a real easy road for a 4 seed. They should roll into the Final Four.

Reaction Score
Imagine how Wichita State feels. They have to go through L'ville in round three. Nice #1 seed they go there.

And why does everyone think St Joe's is so tough. If they beat us Olllie should be on the hot seat.

Reaction Score
Imagine how Wichita State feels. They have to go through L'ville in round three. Nice #1 seed they go there.

And why does everyone think St Joe's is so tough. If they beat us Olllie should be on the hot seat.

I don't think the make it thru Kensucky in round 2

Reaction Score
This makes no sense.

You can say,"Don't lose to..." all the 6 seeds as well. Who did UMass lose to?

Reaction Score
This makes no sense.

You can say,"Don't lose to..." all the 6 seeds as well. Who did UMass lose to?

UMass had a much better RPI than us. ESPN had us at 25. That's a seven.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
The committee said, "we look at the whole body of work, their OOC schedule was weak." when talking about Louisville as a 4. Then says, "St Louis is really hot and played well during the end of the season." when talking about them as a 5. It doesn't make sense.

Reaction Score
Certainly the committee used Louisville's non-conference SOS and overall SOS in determining their seeding. The Committee Chairman focused on that in comments after the dust settled; and then said that all of the other 4s were strong teams(Michigan State,San Diego State and UCLA); and that Louisville was "a very good basketball team". However, given the fact that they were regular season(coin toss aside) and tournament champs; the seeding seems to really reflect(along with other indicators) that the Committee didn't think much of a top heavy AAC.

GO HUSKIES!!!
BEAT THE HAWKS!!!
555.jpg

628x471.jpg

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
7th seed is being ranked from 24-28. Maybe a tad low. But don't lose to Houston and SMU twice and L'ville three times if you want a higher seed. With the exception of one game we couldn't break 70 points in the last eight.

Two games in Buffalo and then on to New York City, where we will have nice support.

Time for KO to prove this is the reason we hired him. The season starts with practice tomorrow. Everything to this point means nothing. Only tomorrow counts.

Have a good cry if it will make you feel better. But it doesn't matter, you have to beat good teams to advance. This is much better than last year.

Cry/Complain - that is fine due to the total disrespect that the team and conference received
UConn was a solid 5 seed before we beat both Memphis and Cincinatti and then they are dropped to a 7?
Did you look at all the other 5 and 6 and see who they lost to? OSU gets a 6 and not even ranked? UMass gets a 6 and not ranked?
In this tournament its win or go home so the seeds should not make a difference BUT it does because its a reward for a seasons work and I don't feel that the Huskies are deserving of a 7 seed.
You would think that the committee would have rewarded UConn for its comeback from last year's adversity.
Bring'em on and will play em

But I agree with Fish on this one - go pound sand

Reaction Score
Pal - I don't see many UConn fans crying about our situation.

I think sticking 3 AAC teams in the same bracket is truly suspect and people should complain.

I don't care that UL is a 4 seed. They have some tough games but the talent to go a long way and have everyone see that the committee gave them a wrong seed. It will be interesting if Pitino harps on this 4 seed as he wins each NCAA game, or if the ACC tells him via Jurek to keep quiet.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Go pound sand.

They dropped UConn two seeds because they decided that the AAC was a nuisance.
They dropped every member of the AAC 1 or 2 seeds and took a perennial top 25 team - SMU- completely out of it. Aren't Larry Brown and Rick Pitino HOF coaches?

Reaction Score
That's goin just a bit far, don't cha think?
Maybe a bit but....I think the only thing that counts is the tourney. KO needs to get it done. Lose to Saint Joe's and there will be much heat. And not just from me.

Reaction Score
Maybe a bit but....I think the only thing that counts is the tourney. KO needs to get it done. Lose to Saint Joe's and there will be much heat. And not just from me.

Except this is only his second season replacing a legend. He's done a fine job, and I'm excited about the future with some of the commits he's brought us.

Reaction Score
I'm not crying. I think UConn should be a 5 seed, but I'm not upset about a 7.

I am concerned about the overall treatment of the AAC. Clearly the committee doesn't think highly of the AAC and with Louisville leaving things may get worse next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom