Quit crying | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Quit crying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
So add a win. I don't care...

What are you arguing with? Do you agree with the point or not? The "error" is not material. Do you also get pissed at the Washington Monument tour guide who leaves off the 5 1/8 inch from it's height?

That is the last thing I am saying on this subject.

Hey, I was helping you out. Don't you want to have your facts straight? And no, I don't agree with your point. You wrongly tried to downplay JC's 1st round success to make your point. That's what put me on your trail. That was a wrong tack that you wouldn't give up, JC record was extraordinary. But even so, that has nothing to do with KO's situation. Only the douchiest of UConn fans will give KO extended grief if they lose this game. But he won't so the question is moot.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Hey, I was helping you out. Don't you want to have your facts straight? And no, I don't agree with your point. You wrongly tried to downplay JC's 1st round success to make your point. That's what put me on your trail. That was a wrong tack that you wouldn't give up, JC record was extraordinary. But even so, that has nothing to do with KO's situation. Only the douchiest of UConn fans will give KO extended grief if they lose this game. But he won't so the question is moot.

Actually I wasn't.

I was pointing out that it takes time and growing pains for a young promising head coach to develop into a legend and losing as a 7 seed in his first NCAA tournament does not produce a spark, let alone light the match, to set a fire under Ollie's chair.

Reaction Score
If you don't think Ollie should win on Thursday, just say so.

I think he should (and will) win.

But you said if he doesn't win he should be on the hot seat. That's a ludicrous statement.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Ollie has a record in March. It is 2-1. We beat 2 good teams to get to the final.

Maybe our seed is lucky but that is beside the fact that we and our conference got screwed. We should not have to play a 2 seed in our second game. The fact that it's Villanova is irrelevant.
But the only response is for Memphis, Cinci & UCONN to win beyond our seeds because 'Ville won't count because they are out of here.
Then they put the 3 of us in the same bracket making it nearly impossible

Reaction Score
The only thing that counts is March. He needs to have them ready. They need to play well.

Because JC kept winning his first game at the Northwestern. That compares to where Ollie is in his career now.

If you don't think Ollie should win on Thursday, just say so.

I think he should (and will) win.

I think most people here think that the team should and will win tomorrow, but if they lose I don't think any rational person is going to be calling for Ollie's job. Kevin has done a good job so far and one loss in the NCAA tourney first round (I know, it's really the second round; but it's really the first round) isn't going to undo that.

It's also really unfair to compare him to Calhoun. Only a few coaches in the history of the NCAA have had the success that Calhoun has had. Ollie will write his own story, and he doesn't have to do all the things that Calhoun did in order to be successful.

Reaction Score
A troll is a troll. No matter if they have 7000 posts. Don't try rational arguments with a troll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom