Question for Mods re Alert Preferences | The Boneyard

Question for Mods re Alert Preferences

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I turned off the alert for "replies to watched threads" over a week ago. I have since gone back and checked my alert preferences on multiple occasionsto make sure it was un-checked (it was) because I have continued to get email after email about a reply to a watched thread.

Am I doing something wrong? I don't understand. It's not checked, so I shouldn't be getting the emails, right?

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I turned off the alert for "replies to watched threads" over a week ago. I have since gone back and checked my alert preferences on multiple occasionsto make sure it was un-checked (it was) because I have continued to get email after email about a reply to a watched thread.

Am I doing something wrong? I don't understand. It's not checked, so I shouldn't be getting the emails, right?

I think that the replies have to stop on those threads before you will stop getting e-mails. Mine eventually stopped.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I think that the replies have to stop on those threads before you will stop getting e-mails. Mine eventually stopped.

Ah, that might just be it. Thanks DB2U!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I still get them.....

If you disabled the notification option recently, you will keep getting Alerts until those threads where you posted previous to the disabling go away.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure that if you go to your account drop down and then go to preferences and uncheck 'automatically watch threads that you reply to', the emails will stop immediately.

Actually, maybe doing that doesn't un-watch threads that you've already replied to.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I am going to keep old threads alive just to make you crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom