question about the boatright timeout scrum | The Boneyard

question about the boatright timeout scrum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My focus was off the game because I was feeding both twins at the same time. (Funny to watch) . Did boat get hit by a Memphis player throwing a punch or did B rimah push a Memphis player into him? I could not see

Reaction Score
My focus was off the game because I was feeding both twins at the same time. (Funny to watch) . Did boat get hit by a Memphis player throwing a punch or did B rimah push a Memphis player into him? I could not see

They're saying it was an inadvertent hit from a ref.

Reaction Score
Boatright's mom thinks it was a Memphis player who punched him. I presume she spoke with Boat after the game and that's what he told her. Replay was inconclusive. Boat is gona be fired up to play them in 2 weeks on senior night.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
I didn't see a Memphis player hit him, but those 2 Memphis players sure as should have been T'ed up for taunting. They surrounded him after the timeout getting in his face which caused the whole thing. But nah, lets just T boat later for putting his arms up in the air showing the ref what he was doing. They should be giving T's to all post guys from now on if that's the criteria.

Reaction Score
Any word on disciplanary action for the UCONN players who left the bench?
I dont think anything should happen; but nothing would surprise me

Reaction Score
Think the explanation on TV was that since it was a timeout, the players were able to leave their bench without any consequence.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

Speaking of disciplinary (they teach you how to spell words at UCONN) action, can we get a mod to remove this guy?

Reaction Score
yeah it looked to me like anyone could have been what hit him, no clue why the memphis players felt they should surround the guy after he called timeout. When Facey and Brimah came over to get him, those Memphis guys off their bench got in between Boat and them... why?

ohhh, because they're dirtbags

Was anyone else really annoyed by Kedren Johnson? Every time they showed his face I wanted to punch him. Just hacking us and then whining to the refs all the time, on one of the brimah alley oop attempts, he backed his way under him hoping to up-end him and cause an injury. If I was a ref he would have had 2 T's if what Boat did can constitute a T

Reaction Score
One of the replays showed two Memphis players and a coach holding back a player after arms started to fly. Boat then started bleeding from the mouth. Who knows.

I was hoping that would spring board this team's chemistry. A little us against the world play. It's just not there this year.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

I keep being surprised by the threads you show up in. How many boards do you follow?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
It looked like Brimah stuck his long alien arms in the pile and smacked Boat.
looks more like it came from brimahs left, not from brimah... either way those two who corned boat should've received technicals, we've seen that called all the time. What these teams are doing to do boat would not be allowed to any other team, the refs in this conference are absolutely terrible... I have never seen this before for any team... I'll be there for the SMU and Memphis games and will make sure I'm heard, especially when boats name is called

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
One of the replays showed two Memphis players and a coach holding back a player after arms started to fly. Boat then started bleeding from the mouth. Who knows.

I was hoping that would spring board this team's chemistry. A little us against the world play. It's just not there this year.
The team did play with more passion and outplayed Memphis from that point on but not enough to get the win. They had heart but not enough to make up for the inexperience/deficiencies.

If they went by the letter of the law technicals should have been called against both teams in that situation. Not sure about ejections for leaving the bench, but it could be argued both teams would have to have received them because the bench players of Memphis stood up and surrounded Ryan.

In the end I was happy that the players on both teams kept their "overall cool" and the refs minimized the situation. No one threw punches or shoved one another. Just players in the heat of the moment who had some carry over. Hopefully Ryan realizes it was an inadvertent hit, but doesn't tell his team in order to fire them up when Memphis comes to CT.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
I didn't see a Memphis player hit him, but those 2 Memphis players sure as should have been T'ed up for taunting. They surrounded him after the timeout getting in his face which caused the whole thing. But nah, lets just T boat later for putting his arms up in the air showing the ref what he was doing. They should be giving T's to all post guys from now on if that's the criteria.

lol, that's OUR bench...it's where we're supposed to "stand and surround"

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Does he realize we aren't in the same league as Provy anymore? Hope he still keeps in contact with the WVU hillbillies, too, cuz, ya know, they used to be in the same league.

Reaction Score
Oh please, how dumb do you think we think you are? You watched the game too. You saw what your team's bench was doing.
Yeah, I'm fine with players standing up, getting in between Brimah/Facey and Boatright though? Classless, thug BS that Memphis used to be famous for

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
It looked to me that Boat got caught in the corner and was surrounded by court AND BENCH players after calling a timeout while trapped in the corner. Facey and Brimah ran over to help him out and as Facey, not Brimah, got close was shoved from behind by a Memphis on court player (I think it was johnson) Facey had a hand outstretched towards Boatright and the shove appeared to further shove his outstretched hand into Boat. I think there should have been a technical on the Memphis bench. What was explained was the reason no foul was called was because it all occurred after time had been called? That part I don't get.

Reaction Score
yeah it looked to me like anyone could have been what hit him, no clue why the memphis players felt they should surround the guy after he called timeout. When Facey and Brimah came over to get him, those Memphis guys off their bench got in between Boat and them... why?

ohhh, because they're dirtbags

Was anyone else really annoyed by Kedren Johnson? Every time they showed his face I wanted to punch him. Just hacking us and then whining to the refs all the time, on one of the brimah alley oop attempts, he backed his way under him hoping to up-end him and cause an injury. If I was a ref he would have had 2 T's if what Boat did can constitute a T

I'm really, really starting to dislike the teams in t his conference more each day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom