Question about Gtown game? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Question about Gtown game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This storm is tracking further south every time there is a new model run. Not sure why so many people are giving up on the game 48 hours out...

Highly recommend following Ryan Hanrahan on Twitter. He's the best meteorologist in CT imo.

thanks Ryan

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This storm is tracking further south every time there is a new model run. Not sure why so many people are giving up on the game 48 hours out...

Highly recommend following Ryan Hanrahan on Twitter. He's the best meteorologist in CT imo.

But does he look anything like Rachel Frank? :)

Reaction Score
I am coming from New Haven and contemplating actually taking the Amtrak train/bus up from there (14 each way) if it does look like it'll snow. If it's 1-3" that's fine, but 3-6" would be more annoying given my sedan and old tires.

Reaction Score
Just wondering. If one waits last minute to buy tickets from the UConn athletic website, would they sell the tickets at a steep discount below face value to get rid of them hours before the game? I saw quite a few lower level single seats available, but they are still pretty pricey at $70 ($65 + $5 processing fee).
If the weather's dicey I would just scalp tickets.

Reaction Score
Good thing the game isn't in Washington. The blizzard is expected to dump between 10-30 inches of snow. Yep, that's the range.

Reaction Score
Might see you there if I can drag my butt out of bed in time, ( gonna have a very late night Friday , noon games are killers!)

August.... I sent you a PM.

Reaction Score
Friend from DC sent me this during the flurries down there yesterday...

Attachments

• a0bd6bc0-75ac-430d-9598-a58efc78d961.jpg
    a0bd6bc0-75ac-430d-9598-a58efc78d961.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 53

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Might see you there if I can drag my butt out of bed in time, ( gonna have a very late night Friday , noon games are killers!)
Where are you playing tonight?

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Where are you playing tonight?
You know that just reminded me. Next Friday the 29th playing in Middletown (La Boca). I never play that close to home. Should be crazy. and its a Free show. (I guess that doesnt matter as I always list Yarders anyway.) so anyway @Dove says hes coming and said we should get you up there too. Furthermore did not @Deepster say he had a Pizza chef hookup in Middletown that would makes us a Spooker? Lets get on that. and if that happens obviously @mauconnfan would fly across country much less drive down 91 for a chance at the spooker. @Huskybass has been threatening to come out for a while, that would be a good time, and I picture @alexd smuggling in some good beers for everyone (not sure what they are pouring at La Boca, Im sure Alex has better)

Im smelling a BY meetup.

Reaction Score
Seems like this wont be an issue and that is good, but snow games can be fun. I want to say it was a game against Pitt in my era as a student 200-2005, where a massive blizzard hit but the team got to town, and literally no one came to the game so the ticket office let the student body know that basically any student could come to the game for dirt cheap. I feel like it was a weekend game and one of the oddest and rowdiest crowds. Storms make people (kids) crazy I guess

Reaction Score
You know that just reminded me. Next Friday the 29th playing in Middletown (La Boca). I never play that close to home. Should be crazy. and its a Free show. (I guess that doesnt matter as I always list Yarders anyway.) so anyway @Dove says hes coming and said we should get you up there too. Furthermore did not @Deepster say he had a Pizza chef hookup in Middletown that would makes us a Spooker? Lets get on that. and if that happens obviously @mauconnfan would fly across country much less drive down 91 for a chance at the spooker. @Huskybass has been threatening to come out for a while, that would be a good time, and I picture @alexd smuggling in some good beers for everyone (not sure what they are pouring at La Boca, Im sure Alex has better)

Im smelling a BY meetup.

May have something happening here :cool:

Curiouser
Reaction Score

Im smelling a BY meetup.
In.

ETA: @August_West , On a somewhat related note, I heard Jerry's "Magnificent Sanctuary Band" on Deep Tracks on my drive to work this morning and it made me wonder why I don't hear that covered more often. Do you ever get after that? I was also thinking that it would be a perfect cover for the Tedeschi Trucks Band, especially seeing as Susan covered it on one of her solo albums. I don't know of TTB ever playing it though.

Last edited:

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
In.

ETA: @August_West , On a somewhat related note, I heard Jerry's "Magnificent Sanctuary Band" on Deep Tracks on my drive to work this morning and it made me wonder why I don't hear that covered more often. Do you ever get after that? I was also thinking that it would be a perfect cover for the Tedeschi Trucks Band, especially seeing as Susan covered it on one of her solo albums. I don't know of TTB ever playing it though.

Actually I think we are the only band in the country that does it. Not kidding. Although maybe a couple more now, because at request I shared my charts I wrote for it on a Dead-centric musician message board and I know for sure a friends band in Mass gave it at least one whack off those charts. I love the song. It is a very tough, cumbersome song to actually perform. (quick, non standard changes, and a TON of them, and a very specific arrangement that needs to be to be rote. Unlike a lot of that material, this is not a song you "open up" as a jam vehicle. If you have 5-6 band members and if just one of them is lazy about being spot on about the arrangement it falls apart quickly. Even we havent played it in at least a year and Im sure the next time we do it will be rough. (unless we sneak a rehearsal in first, which never happens) There is a reason Jerry never played it live. Such a great song, and TTB would kill it. They have the discipline to hang on the arrangement.

Reaction Score
Andy Katz ESPN Senior Writer
The AAC said Georgetown is now flying to Hartford earlier Friday for Saturday's game against UConn while SMU is planning on getting into Philadelphia earlier for the Temple game Saturday. The AAC said officials have been confirmed they will make it for both games.

Reaction Score
In.

Ok what time do you guys begin? I'm old and this 9:30-10pm stuff is when I'm already in the bag on my recliner on a Friday night out. LOL

Reaction Score
Seems like this wont be an issue and that is good, but snow games can be fun. I want to say it was a game against Pitt in my era as a student 200-2005, where a massive blizzard hit but the team got to town, and literally no one came to the game so the ticket office let the student body know that basically any student could come to the game for dirt cheap. I feel like it was a weekend game and one of the oddest and rowdiest crowds. Storms make people (kids) crazy I guess

I was there (as a student) as well. Ended up with unbelievable seats, half court, maybe 8 rows back. I believe they lost that night though unfortunately...

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Ok what time do you guys begin? I'm old and this 9:30-10pm stuff is when I'm already in the bag on my recliner on a Friday night out. LOL
ha yeah.... we start at 930 -1000 :)

I played acoustic at the Bee and Thistle in Old Lyme last wednesday from 7-9. That sounds more your speed. :) It was fish out of water for me though. Old hippie plays in front of the 1%'ers in a ultra stuffy environ. Not a garden variety gig for me (my dinner was great though!)

Reaction Score
ha yeah.... we start at 930 -1000 :)

I played acoustic at the Bee and Thistle in Old Lyme last wednesday from 7-9. That sounds more your speed. :) It was fish out of water for me though. Old hippie plays in front of the 1%'ers in a ultra stuffy environ. Not a garden variety gig for me (my dinner was great though!)

LOL the picture you paint is funny as hell.

May be able to work on the 9:30-10 thing but a nap may be involved.:oops:

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
LOL the picture you paint is funny as hell.

May be able to work on the 9:30-10 thing but a nap may be involved.:oops:

This sounds like it could be a fun time to meet up with some of you losers. How about if people come around 8:30 and have a chance to get together and badmouth Fishy (assuming he won't come) and talk some UConn hoops?

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
This sounds like it could be a fun time to meet up with some of you losers. How about if people come around 8:30 and have a chance to get together and badmouth Fishy (assuming he won't come) and talk some UConn hoops?
Man how could I forget you? Of course! sounds like a good idea. We still need Deepster to weigh in on Spooker availability. a spooker could possibly turn an already fun gathering to one of legendary proportions.

Reaction Score
Keep me updated also, live in Wallingford so it's not really far at all. I have tentative plans next weekend with the fiancé but it may change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom