Question about Gtown game? | The Boneyard

Question about Gtown game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If this storm hits, any chance they will reschedule game? I'm coming from FFC where its supposed to snow up to 12 inches, i think hartford is in the 3-6 inch range.. If game goes on, my plan is either leave real early Saturday or potentially finding somewhere to stay friday night closer to hartford.

Reaction Score
If this storm hits, any chance they will reschedule game? I'm coming from FFC where its supposed to snow up to 12 inches, i think hartford is in the 3-6 inch range.. If game goes on, my plan is either leave real early Saturday or potentially finding somewhere to stay friday night closer to hartford.

I'm in the same boat too, but at least it doesn't look like we'll get much of anything during the day on Saturday

Reaction Score
I emailed the ticket office and got this as a response

"The Georgetown game will be played Saturday. Feel free to check uconnhuskies.com before you head to the game, but once Georgetown gets here the game will be played. Unfortunately, we are not doing refunds or exchanges for this game. Count on the game being played and we appreciate your support! Go Huskies!

Thanks,

UConn Ticket Office"

So if Georgetown makes it to CT the game is going to be played as scheduled.

Reaction Score
Latest report says snow will not start Sat. in central CT until late AM or early afternoon.
That line they've drawn across the lower 1/3rd of the state is the difference between 6-10" and 1-5".
Who knows? One thing is for sure, Long Island is going to get blasted.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
This storm has forced me to unfortunately cancel my attendance. I would probably be able to manage driving 2.5 hours from NYC very early Sat but going home would be risky. Initially, I was hoping the storm would arrive a day later but .... looks like not.

Reaction Score
According to you post its not the snow thats the problem its the drivers. Anyone traveling 60 mph in 6 inches of snow are idiots and dangers to everyone on the road

Sorry i meant wind speeds

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Coming back down to FFC after the SMU game last year was a complete nightmare. I must have seen 10+ accidents ... ended up going 84 to Rt 8 south because 15 was completely closed. It was probably because they weren't expecting more than a few inches and then we got dumped on ... so the plows weren't out in full force ahead of time. Seems like they'll be better prepared this time, but I was fearing for my safety on the way home and I do not mind driving in snow at all.

Reaction Score
Coming back down to FFC after the SMU game last year was a complete nightmare. I must have seen 10+ accidents ... ended up going 84 to Rt 8 south because 15 was completely closed. It was probably because they weren't expecting more than a few inches and then we got dumped on ... so the plows weren't out in full force ahead of time. Seems like they'll be better prepared this time, but I was fearing for my safety on the way home and I do not mind driving in snow at all.

remember it well. Did all backroads and it took forever to get home. If it's looking like that again this year, Sorry Charlie.

Reaction Score
It all depends on the timing. Luckily it seems that the storm isn't going to hit until early-mid afternoon. I'd wait until tomorrow's forecast to make any decisions. Living in lower FFC my whole life I'd typically head up to the game but have one eye on the radar, say the snow starts to creep in around 1:30 just get the hell out of there and listen to the end on the radio. The timing may make this strategy work, and you should be able to see the first half and half of the 2nd half of the game, as long as the storm timing stays accurate. Only you can make that decision though.

Reaction Score
Yes, we learned our lesson the hard way a few years ago while driving to a bball game at the XL Center during a snow storm. We got as far as merging onto the on-ramp (going about 35 mph or so with a 4wd car) before sliding out, doing a few 360s and hitting the guard rail. On the other side of that guard rail was a 10 ft + drop, so we were Lucky this section had a guard rail. We were lucky and uninjured, but the car was totaled and had to be hauled out by a flat bed.

Needless to say we won't be making the same mistake again lol.

Reaction Score
I am coming in from Westchester and am looking to head up early and meet a buddy for a pregame at a bar/pub in Hartford. Can someone recommend a decent place that will be open before a noon time game? Thanks.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
where do you live, East Hartford? 12 inches on 95 and the merit with 50mph-60mph is no joke

That's the overall total of a very slow moving storm....meaning it falls for nearly 24 hours to get to that level. Since the snow starts around when the game starts, even if it is a 12" snow, that means 2-3 at most by the time the game is over. In the Hartford area it should be less than that. The wind is a bigger concern probably...you're right there.

I'm outside Boston, can't go anyway.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I'm not going to the game, but if I were and worse came to worst, I'd consider staying until Sunday. Rooms right next door at Hartford Hilton are like $110. They are cheaper outside Hartford, but in the area.

Reaction Score
I am coming in from Westchester and am looking to head up early and meet a buddy for a pregame at a bar/pub in Hartford. Can someone recommend a decent place that will be open before a noon time game? Thanks.

The Tavern Downtown, Russian Lady and Rockinghorse Café should all be open. All next door to each other on Ann Uccello St. behind the XL.

Reaction Score
The Tavern Downtown, Russian Lady and Rockinghorse Café should all be open. All next door to each other on Ann Uccello St. behind the XL.

And which one will alex be at?

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Just wondering. If one waits last minute to buy tickets from the UConn athletic website, would they sell the tickets at a steep discount below face value to get rid of them hours before the game? I saw quite a few lower level single seats available, but they are still pretty pricey at $70 ($65 + $5 processing fee).

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Looks like the forecast has been updated and nothing significant will fall until after 6pm. Those who are going should be all clear - although we're still a couple days away.

Reaction Score
Looks like the forecast has been updated and nothing significant will fall until after 6pm. Those who are going should be all clear - although we're still a couple days away.

thats good

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
alexd. said:
August knows everything. :)
Might see you there if I can drag my butt out of bed in time, ( gonna have a very late night Friday , noon games are killers!)

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
This storm is tracking further south every time there is a new model run. Not sure why so many people are giving up on the game 48 hours out...

Highly recommend following Ryan Hanrahan on Twitter. He's the best meteorologist in CT imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom