Qudus Wahab | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Qudus Wahab

dantheman

@instorrsnow
Reaction Score
The silver lining with losing out on Kofi is that to guys like Wahab, we all of a sudden become an outrageously attractive place to play. Good freshman class where the pressure won't be on you too much, but enough playing time to get better and be in the mix.

Cuse seems kinda full and while Pitt is kinda a dumpster fire, they have a lot of depthy centers up front he'll have to compete with. Virginia Tech and Georgetown kinda found their guys already.

Here, not so much.

Agree with everything you said, but not sure who Va tech coming in at the 5. I see their class currently as g, sf, and 6’7 pf—- am I missing somebody? Va tech is the team Im scared of here— known coach, strong conference and not a complete rebuild like pitt and they swooped in with heavy interest when qudus delayed his scheduled announcement. I know wed like to think he was waiting out kofi for a home in storrs, but its just as plausible he wanted to hear out buzz and co. on their pitch.

Reaction Score
the good news regarding VT is that their starting center Kerry Blackshear is a junior and should be returning. he's averaging 14/6 and just had back to back 20/7 games against notre dame and BC.

Wahab has a much better chance of beating out carlton for a starting spot than he does Blackshear. so if his decision is coming down to playing time that leaves us and dumpster fire pitt.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
the good news regarding VT is that their starting center Kerry Blackshear is a junior and should be returning. he's averaging 14/6 and just had back to back 20/7 games against notre dame and BC.

Wahab has a much better chance of beating out carlton for a starting spot than he does Blackshear, if his decision is coming down to PT

Right. But he's also kind of seen as more of a project guy. Kofi'd have been a guy to come in here and probably start day-1. Wahab's a 3-4 year guy pretty easily. Interested to know if he sees himself that way or not.

Agree with everything you said, but not sure who Va tech coming in at the 5. I see their class currently as g, sf, and 6’7 pf—- am I missing somebody? Va tech is the team Im scared of here— known coach, strong conference and not a complete rebuild like pitt and they swooped in with heavy interest when qudus delayed his scheduled announcement. I know wed like to think he was waiting out kofi for a home in storrs, but its just as plausible he wanted to hear out buzz and co. on their pitch.

Totally. I know there was some mutual interest from him to 'Cuse. Could be figuring that whole thing out, too. Who knows.

I would say though - him pumping the breaks means he's rethinking things.

Reaction Score
if Wahab's a project than Carlton's an experiment gone horribly wrong!

A lot of people have described him as that. I honestly don't know enough about him to say otherwise.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
There’s no sugar coating it - Kofi is a huge loss. While Chief was not confident like some and posted so - I thought we had a good shot. Again, I think the dynamics changed when he made the prep school move. Illinois then had better access and support and our proximity to NYC and our contacts there were less of a factor. And as always closing around the OV is key - they did - we didn’t.
The sooner we can put the NCAA behind us and be realistic and play on a level playing field the better. So the OK State Coach, now at Illinois had no clue they were paying players - right!

If our proximity to NYC is the #1 card we played recruiting anybody then it should be no surprise when we lose out. 3 hour drive from campus isn't exactly "our backyard", no matter how much UConn wants to wave that flag.

C

Chief00

If our proximity to NYC is the #1 card we played recruiting anybody then it should be no surprise when we lose out. 3 hour drive from campus isn't exactly "our backyard", no matter how much UConn wants to wave that flag.
Sorry if I wasn’t clear - we have contacts in NYC that help us.

Reaction Score
not arguing wahab isn't a project. i just think he's a project that could play 20 mins/game next year with only carlton to compete with. at VT maybe he gets 10 mins/game max backing up Blackshear

Certainly possible. Brimah was a major project his first year but he paid some immediate dividends.

Reaction Score
There was an article last month that said it was between Pitt, Georgetown, and us. Since then Georgetown signed some bigs. I'm no insider, but it seems like a 2 school race between Pitt and UConn. Fingers crossed!

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
There was an article last month that said it was between Pitt, Georgetown, and us. Since then Georgetown signed some bigs. I'm no insider, but it seems like a 2 school race between Pitt and UConn. Fingers crossed!

I always thought that, once he backed off his commitment in November/December when it looked like Pitt was the favorite, it was good news for the other schools in the running. The other thing that gives me some optimism is that he took his visit with Akok, so if there was/is any relationship between those guys, it could work in our favor.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
i view va tech as way more of a threat here. hes made some comments about how great buzz williams is and cuse has already signed big man jon bol ajok and gtown has locked up two pivots in Malcolm Wilson & Timothy Igohoefe
Jon bol ajok? Good thing we didn't land him! Akok and ajok?

Reaction Score
Have you heard that we DON'T lead?
Yes, but not since before Kofi to Illinois, so I’m not sure how much of a difference that will make. Pretty sure a lot of recruits were operating under the assumption that we would land Kofi. Still, I think it was clear to Wahab and Mitchell that our main priority at center was Kofi. Some kids take offense to that, some don’t.

dantheman

@instorrsnow
Reaction Score
FWIW Syracuse has not visited Wahab in the last week and he won't end up at Virginia Tech.

Glad to hear your thoughts on tech.

How locked in that this visit with cuse didnt happen are you, as Ive quickly learned your leads are as trustworthy as they come?

reason im asking as I heard on strong authority that associate head coach Adrian Autry visited wahab on jan 3 for the game against Bullis. I believe mike mccallister inferred the same in his 247 article from the 6th.

Reaction Score
reason im asking as I heard on strong authority that associate head coach Adrian Autry visited wahab on jan 3 for the game against Bullis. I believe mike mccallister inferred the same in his 247 article from the 6th.
If you’re sure of that, then I’m not going to say otherwise.

But I’ve heard it’s down to Georgetown, UConn, and Pitt even though that hasn’t officially been announced.

Bol Ajak is pretty bad (currently not ceiling), so he’s not much of a deterrent for a commit to Cuse. Still don’t think they’ll climb back in on this one, but after Kofi to Illinois I suppose anything is possible lol.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Have you heard that we DON'T lead?
I have heard that some say we lead and some say we don’t lead. I hear he’s planning to play volleyball in Ecuador. These speculations are silly. When kids announce, 80% we know they are definitely going but you never know when Squud will swoop in on signing day.

dantheman

@instorrsnow
Reaction Score
If you’re sure of that, then I’m not going to say otherwise.

But I’ve heard it’s down to Georgetown, UConn, and Pitt even though that hasn’t officially been announced.

Bol Ajak is pretty bad (currently not ceiling), so he’s not much of a deterrent for a commit to Cuse. Still don’t think they’ll climb back in on this one, but after Kofi to Illinois I suppose anything is possible lol.

lets just say I wouldnt bet the new house Kofi just got, but would definitely be willing to stake the car Antigua picked out

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom