Qudus Wahab | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Qudus Wahab

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Our inability to secure an interior piece going into the new year is starting to cause me some angst. Akok is very raw and more of a perimeter piece on offense. Cmon staff close these kids so we can focus on 2020 and not have to play catch-up again.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Insiders: We're in a great spot with Kofi

Boneyard: Well why hasn't he committed yet?

Ya'll needa chill.
1546100136783.png

Reaction Score
LOL - Quite frankly, Capel with no recruits is in damage control. But it’s Close time, Coach Hurley!

But Chief, the poster said Capel is really killing it on the recruiting trail with Pitt and an unnamed school as the finalists for Wahab. Then, there's all these other guys. If it's on the internet it must be true, right?

C

Chief00

Insiders: We're in a great spot with Kofi.
Boneyard: Well why hasn't he committed yet?
Ya'll needa chill.

As you know, Chief never calls himself an insider, and Chief never says we are in a great spot with a recruit until he commits. Such is the nature of the recruiting grind.

Reaction Score
anyone have access to the 247 article posted sunday night?

The Latest on Qudus Wahab

it starts with "Syracuse basketball is looking for a big to wrap up their 2019 class. One of their top targets regardless of position throughout the cycle... "

to land him instead of Syracuse would be all the sweeter

just to recap- he knocked his OVs out in 5 consecutive weekends back in October and November:
1. good guys
2. vt
3. gtown
4. pitt
5. Syracuse

Last edited:

dantheman

@instorrsnow
Reaction Score
anyone have access to the 247 article posted sunday night?

The Latest on Qudus Wahab

it starts with "Syracuse basketball is looking for a big to wrap up their 2019 class. One of their top targets regardless of position throughout the cycle... "

to land him instead of Syracuse would be all the sweeter

cuse is back in on him and visited this week. While it was rumored to be down to pitt and gtown per the articles author, wahab was clear that five schools are coming down to the wire. pitt, gtown, goodguys, va tech and cuse.

decision to come in january per wahab

dantheman

@instorrsnow
Reaction Score
i view va tech as way more of a threat here. hes made some comments about how great buzz williams is and cuse has already signed big man jon bol ajok and gtown has locked up two pivots in Malcolm Wilson & Timothy Igohoefe

Friendship

Filled With My Husky Friends
Reaction Score
cuse is back in on him and visited this week. While it was rumored to be down to pitt and gtown per the articles author, wahab was clear that five schools are coming down to the wire. pitt, gtown, goodguys, va tech and cuse.

decision to come in january per wahab

Just show Wahab film of Cobb tearing Cuse apart. That will make him stay away.

C

Chief00

There’s no sugar coating it - Kofi is a huge loss. While Chief was not confident like some and posted so - I thought we had a good shot. Again, I think the dynamics changed when he made the prep school move. Illinois then had better access and support and our proximity to NYC and our contacts there were less of a factor. And as always closing around the OV is key - they did - we didn’t.
The sooner we can put the NCAA behind us and be realistic and play on a level playing field the better. So the OK State Coach, now at Illinois had no clue they were paying players - right!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
So how are we looking for Wahab? I said previously that I thought his defense might make him a better fit at UConn than Cockburn. Happy to give him a chance to prove me right. That line above going 10-10 from the line is music to my eyes.

Reaction Score
As you know, Chief never calls himself an insider, and Chief never says we are in a great spot with a recruit until he commits. Such is the nature of the recruiting grind.
Chief I agree with that sentiment
It seems some of these kids , never mind the rival coaches , aren’t positive what the decision is going to be until the last minute , how can anyone insiders (whatever that means ) to casual fan , predict with 100% certainty where the kid is going.

Reaction Score
I have heard Georgetown is making a push late. Really focusing on the Jessie Govan comparison, and obviously, Patrick Ewing doesn't hurt.

Reaction Score
So how are we looking for Wahab? I said previously that I thought his defense might make him a better fit at UConn than Cockburn. Happy to give him a chance to prove me right. That line above going 10-10 from the line is music to my eyes.

The silver lining with losing out on Kofi is that to guys like Wahab, we all of a sudden become an outrageously attractive place to play. Good freshman class where the pressure won't be on you too much, but enough playing time to get better and be in the mix.

Cuse seems kinda full and while Pitt is kinda a dumpster fire, they have a lot of depthy centers up front he'll have to compete with. Virginia Tech and Georgetown kinda found their guys already.

Here, not so much.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom