Qudus Wahab | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Qudus Wahab

Status
Not open for further replies.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I heard Nick Clause is leaning towards UConn, he is big on academics and they offer his preferred major of Reindeer Studies.

That puppetry program could also pay huge dividends

Reaction Score
Hurley says he wants relentless defenders, guys who have speed and can run the floor, so Wahab seems to be a better answer for building a program that has continuity than Cockburn.

My point is none of us (except Chief, obviously) know what these kids are thinking so it's hard to know what motivates them, but it seems most of the top 50 kids believe they're one or two and done and unless you can reload annually as Duke has the last few years the team will be up and down one year to the next if you start filling a roster with 5 new guys annually. We can have a real program and continuity with one or two short term guys but mostly four year guys like Giffey, Voskuhl, and Armstrong have been the recipe for success the last 25 years.

As a dinosaur, I don't like hype and the need to kowtow to the whims of 17 year old prima donnas and as the new NBA rules are implemented over the next couple years some of these "stars" will forego college anyway, so my vote is to build a culture and program based on continuity with the Wahabs of the world.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
This guy has a relationship with Wahab and has been the first to break Wahab news... not a good sign....

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
This guy has a relationship with Wahab and has been the first to break Wahab news... not a good sign....

I don't think this is anything unexpected. We're doing our due diligence and staying in touch, but he's been a Pitt lean for a while.

They've got a decent developmental big in Terrell Brown who is only a Soph. so, if Wahab is added, I would imagine that all but takes them out of the running for Kofi (not that I buy that they are a serious contender, but whatever).

Reaction Score
Damn, next Thursday?? Probably not coming here then, right? Seems like with Akok in the fold we would wait for the big fish.

Reaction Score
Damn, next Thursday?? Probably not coming here then, right? Seems like with Akok in the fold we would wait for the big fish.
Probably not. But I am curious, is there any significance to next Thursday? Most believed Wahab would commit somewhere before years end, so none of this is really a surprise.

Reaction Score
This is definitely true, unless it’s not. In that case it would not be true. But until then it’s definitely absolutely true. Cuz I said so. Fact checked. Deposit it. Certified. Not casual. That’s me to you, insider to outsiders. If it doesn’t happen it’s on you.
Hilarious!!

Reaction Score
I've been hearing Pitt for a while. Not that they were a real threat, but this takes them out of the Kofi race. He had previously said he was gonna visit them.
So is it basically us, 2-7 Illinois, and maybe Kentucky for Kofi?

Reaction Score
So is it basically us, 2-7 Illinois, and maybe Kentucky for Kofi?
Praying that squid doesnt get involved...he might just throw a schollie his way because he hates UConn and wants to mess with us lol

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
Praying that squid doesnt get involved...he might just throw a schollie his way because he hates UConn and wants to mess with us lol

...Or because Kofi is really good and can help them?

Reaction Score
UK isn’t recruiting Kofi. If they wanted him, they would have jumped back in by now.

Nick Richards will be at UK still next year, and they’re going to lose Travis and likely Washington. I think Cal will be more geared towards bigs that have a little range and mobility moreso than a traditional center.

St. John’s will probably get an OV from Kofi too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom