Qudus Wahab | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Qudus Wahab

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Even if Akok and Wahab were to commit this week, they're not signing LOIs. Their recruitment will continue into the spring just like we will need to continue to recruit Gaffney and Bouknight
No, they both signed their LOI today. No more recruitment for them.

C

Chief00

To clarify, did you mean Calhoun didn't want strong family influence on decisions EXCEPT for Moms?

More that’s what tended to work for him - not necessarily premeditated - more how things played out.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I'd be fine with this kid. He's more of a project - but I think he's a 3-4 year player here. Achiuwa, Akok, Cockburn much less so.
Akok is very much a project. What I like about Wahab is that he blocks shots and keeps them in bounds leading to transition points. Couple that with his rebounding and ability to run the floor he is a great fit for us.

Reaction Score
I believe we will land one of the 3 bigs (Wahab, Mitchell, or Kofi). It's good to know that they are still in contact with them. Hopefully some good news after the visit.

Reaction Score
It seems like it may be difficult to play Wahab and Cockburn together, but with Wahab's defensive skill set and Mitchell's offensive skill set, would it be at all possible to try to get them both and play Mitchell as a 4? Seems like even if Akok does come to UConn, he won't be here beyond this season, so it would open up a spot for a 4.

UconnU

Reaction Score
precious, kofi and tre haven't used up their official visits yet so they're def waiting to see who leaves duke, uk, kansas, etc.

but wahab and akok already have it narrowed down by all acounts.

wahab is between us and gtown.

akok is between us and pitt (and the g-league lol).

either way the stakes for this season just went through the roof.

i wish these guys were more like bouknight and gaffney. they proved their faith in hurley and signed their LOIs before we even played Syracuse...
If it’s between us and G-town we’re landing him because G-Town already has 2 centers committed for 2019.

Reaction Score
That's not how it works. That's how you end up with kids decommitting in the spring
Obviously the staff are going to keep an open dialogue with them and keep up with their progress. I wasn't implying that they are going to ignore them now. I was trying to say they don't need to be treated like a maybe recruit, they can be treated as a member of the team.

Reaction Score
... but with Wahab's defensive skill set and Mitchell's offensive skill set, would it be at all possible to try to get them both and play Mitchell as a 4? Seems like even if Akok does come to UConn, he won't be here beyond this season, so it would open up a spot for a 4.

You could maybe play them together against some teams, but I don't think they commit to the same school.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Akok is very much a project. What I like about Wahab is that he blocks shots and keeps them in bounds leading to transition points. Couple that with his rebounding and ability to run the floor he is a great fit for us.
Rebounding is as essential to shot blocking. A shot blocker who can alter shots but cannot rebound them cannot ignite the fast-break outlet pass. As mentioned above a 3-4 year Wahab who can rebound and block/altar shots along with a stretch 4 Akok who can block shots. Wow. combined with the guards would be a great team. Looks like we are just going to have to be patient while the hardest working coaching staff continues to practice what it preaches. No one can outwork them. I trust they will do everything that they can.

Reaction Score
You could maybe play them together against some teams, but I don't think they commit to the same school.

If we sell the 2nd one on how he would fit with the first one, I think it's possible. Plenty of PT available for both between the 4 and 5 spots....

Reaction Score
It seems like it may be difficult to play Wahab and Cockburn together, but with Wahab's defensive skill set and Mitchell's offensive skill set, would it be at all possible to try to get them both and play Mitchell as a 4? Seems like even if Akok does come to UConn, he won't be here beyond this season, so it would open up a spot for a 4.

Kofi isn't coming here

Reaction Score
I think Mitchell can play either the 4 or 5. From what I read he has a pretty hi basketball IQ

Reaction Score
Anybody think seeing Wahab has anything to do with missing Akok? Stupid post ik just curious

Reaction Score
Anybody think seeing Wahab has anything to do with missing Akok? Stupid post ik just curious
Tough to say, some Pitt fans may argue their hard push for Tyrese Samuel is for the same reason so you never know. My guess is that the coaching staff just doesn't want to close any doors, probably no significant correlation to Akok situation

UconnU

Reaction Score
No. Akok is a stretch 4 Wahab is a true 5. Emphasis on Akok could mean that we don’t foresee ourselves landing Achiuwa though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom