Qadence | The Boneyard

Qadence

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I was impressed with her today. Despite some defensive lapse due to lack of experience at this level, she was doing what was needed from her. I love the upside on this kid. She’s only going to get stronger and savvier with more playing time. Her little sis Qandace, a high school freshman, is a person of recruiting interest, btw

Check out the three point scoring percentage after two games. Q is 7-13 for 53.8%

27330C11-617E-4C24-9367-4C3BF84D53B1.jpeg

Reaction Score
She looks better than advertised especially as a scorer. It's inevitable she goes through a rough shooting stretch at some point so it will be important to see how she bounces back when that does happens.

She also needs to be more consistent on the defensive end and boxing out.

Reaction Score
Q is averaging 19.5 minutes a game and KK 15.5. Ice’s minutes are managed after her injury.
Aubrey's minutes being managed because of her surgically repaired spine? Or just by game ircumstances and Geno's substitution pattern? Thanks.

Reaction Score
Yes, Qadence’s defense isn’t perfect, and she would do well to work on upper body strength. But all that says to me is the upside on this kid is huge. She will learn the defensive system and she will get stronger. She will be even awesomer soon enough!

Reaction Score
Would love to see what Qadence can do with the ball near the basket, maybe if she grabs a rebound- would be fantastic to see her go up aggressively right away

Reaction Score
Q's defense will get stronger with practice and experience. KK should get more playing time.. Also, Ashlynn Shade is tough. We need her and should encourage her to shoot. Ice Brady will also get better, because she is fundamentally aggressive minded, unlike Azzi Fudd.

GG

Reaction Score
she should be starting in place of Caroline. Caroline is not producing
I agree. Caroline is very nice and does some good things, but I guess I do not see why she should be a starter. In almost every “big game” she tends to get lost. Lots of driving to the basket with no plan, often resulting in turnovers. Loved what I saw from Q today and aubrey also brings great D.

JBK

Reaction Score
I agree. Caroline is very nice and does some good things, but I guess I do not see why she should be a starter. In almost every “big game” she tends to get lost. Lots of driving to the basket with no plan, often resulting in turnovers. Loved what I saw from Q today and aubrey also brings great D.
Unfortunately- when the play is very fast and the opponents are tough kids our finesse players cannot compete. It is time the Azzi lives up to her reputation and Caroline needs to be a sub against specific competition.

Reaction Score
Actually, that not an accurate statement! Caroline has (in the past) shined in "big games" (when she was healthy) and won a few of them. However, this certainly wasn't a "big game" going in! No one expected NC State to play that well. If they can produce that way the rest of the season, they could make the final 4.

I do agree with you (and it hurts my heart to say this), but Caroline (my favorite player) should definitely be removed from the starting line-up. Based on what we've seen of "Q", she should now be starting. If we are going to have one player float around the arc, waiting for the open 3 pt. shot then she's proven more than capable. The rest of her "game" will just be learned under fire.

Reaction Score
Would love to see what Qadence can do with the ball near the basket, maybe if she grabs a rebound- would be fantastic to see her go up aggressively right away
This I’ve yet to see her make a back door cut to the basket. I was shocked when she passed up on the three to attack the basket

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom