Purvis The Nerveless | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Purvis The Nerveless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
sorry guys, i thought some nicknames for our huskies was a good idea. Ill stick to making threads about what the best cheeseburger in ct is or maybe a thread about a hockey game score even though theres a hockey section, or a jersey number change for nolan or raftery trademarking onions etc
Cool, now you're getting it

Reaction Score
sorry guys, i thought some nicknames for our huskies was a good idea. Ill stick to making threads about what the best cheeseburger in ct is or maybe a thread about a hockey game score even though theres a hockey section, or a jersey number change for nolan or raftery trademarking onions etc

You might want to consider just throwing your computer away.

Reaction Score
Olliewood! for KO, opps KO is a nickname. He has two and many of the players have none, how is that fair?

How about RIP 2.0 for Hamilton?

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Rakim "The Dream"!

Omar "The Trey Maker"

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Hmmn, have we ever hanged someone before the season? If not someone should bookmark this thread.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Richard Hamilton is Rip 2.0. His father was the original.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Don't be intimidated by this bunch of imbeciles. Look what you've been able to do. You've taken the heat off of Pal regarding his Nervous Purvis thread and you've brought out a huge group of copycat killers (of nick names).

Also you've proven that those of us who doth protest to much..........

Reaction Score
Has anybody thought of "Rock" for Rakim Lubin?

Reaction Score
tcf15 said:
Has anybody thought of "Rock" for Rakim Lubin?

That use of a first syllable to create a nickname is genius. I think we could do the same with Ryan Boatright and just use his first syllable as well. I think "Rye" has a nice ring to it. When he's playing well, we can call it "The Rye Show".

And then in practice, when we assign defensive match ups, we can have "Ham on Rye".

Does OJ Mayo have any younger brothers?

Reaction Score
On a serious note lets give our 2014-15 guys some nick names shall we?

Purvis the Nerveless
Ryan mighty mite Boatright
Phillip Trollin Nolan
Amida my inlaw Brimah

This is my first post (not even sure if I'm doing it right) so i'll wade in on something not so controversial:
-Rakim"Over the Coals" Lubin
-Amida"No Matter" Brimah
-Omar"And the Howlers" Calhoun
-Ryan"Sets the" Boatright
-Sam"The Hassle" Cassel
-Rodney"Speed Kills" Purvis
-Phil"Dirty Work" Nolan
-Terrence"Instant Energy" Samuel
-Daniel"Giant Killer" Hamilton

and there's no way I can top; Kentan"In Yo" Facey so I won't even try. Classic.

Reaction Score
Maybe we should leave this up to Joe D for the time being?

Reaction Score
That use of a first syllable to create a nickname is genius. I think we could do the same with Ryan Boatright and just use his first syllable as well. I think "Rye" has a nice ring to it. When he's playing well, we can call it "The Rye Show".

And then in practice, when we assign defensive match ups, we can have "Ham on Rye".

You went a long way to get to ham on rye, but you sandwiched it in there.
OJ has a half-brother, last name Mustard. Plays baseball well and some basketball. The kid isn't a prospect as a hoops player, too much of a hotdog. Baseball-wise he's headed for the Grapefruit league.

Thanks for the setup. Please tip your waitresses!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
this thread has gone from "dear Lord why did I click on this" to 'hilarious' well done.

Reaction Score
That this board was able to turn this thread into something enjoyable is at least on par with the 2011 Big East and NCAA tournament run in terms of sheer improbability. Good job everyone!

Reaction Score
That this board was able to turn this thread into something enjoyable is at least on par with the 2011 Big East and NCAA tournament run in terms of sheer improbability. Good job everyone!
Thats why im "the smart one", kind of figured it would be worthwhile. But in all seriousness though, I have had no feedback on Phil "Trollin" Nolan. With all of his photobombs I think its a perfect nick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom