Purvis' 6 Point Play | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Purvis' 6 Point Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
DH is a potential NBA player who is currently in his 3rd month of college ball. RP is in his 3rd year and he'll be lucky to finish his career at UConn as a starter. They are not in the same caliber of player, and anybody who can't see that is blinded by RP's athleticism.

See that's the whole point one has "NBA Talent" the other doesn't? one is a starter the other isn't? both make dumb decisions both turn the ball over like crazy but the one gets ripped is the one with " lesser talent"?

Shouldn't the guys with higher ceiling be the ones we should demand more from and not the ones with "lesser talent"

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Talent level aside, Purvis and Hamilton are two very different players who fill very different roles. Trying to compare the two makes for an awkward matchup and really isn't as easy as one might originally think.

Reaction Score
See that's the whole point one has "NBA Talent" the other doesn't? one is a starter the other isn't? both make dumb decisions both turn the ball over like crazy but the one gets ripped is the one with " lesser talent"?

Shouldn't the guys with higher ceiling be the ones we should demand more from and not the ones with "lesser talent"
Problem is that they were both billed as high expectation guys. People said not to worry about our recruiting because we were able to attract Hamilton and former McD's All American Purvis. Purvis is talented, he just hasnt shown that he knows how to win. Had he not been billed as a potential superstar he would be attacked less on here.

Reaction Score
Am I the only one who thinks that you walk away instead of getting the technical? It's not about being tough it's about being smart. And shoving the guy is not smart, it hurts the team.

Purvis was caught up in a very frustrated moment, and reacted 'mistakenly' to provocation, however it is understandable. I can't fault the kid.

Once he marries, he will master the tactic.

Reaction Score
Am I the only one who thinks that you walk away instead of getting the technical? It's not about being tough it's about being smart. And shoving the guy is not smart, it hurts the team.

Actually a good ref would have hit Caupain and not Purvis for the reaction. I'm a little upset he didn't throw a forearm to the punks throat but his reaction was fine to me.

Reaction Score

Of course, Gandhi, but some of us are imperfect and struggle at times. In this particular case, Purvis couldn't actually walk away because Caupain was deliberately blocking him. Purvis barely pit a hand on him, bur Caupain, being the piece of Cincy garbage that he is, exploded away and looked to the refs. There is nothing worse than guys who taunt to try to provoke guys and then play up minimal contact hoping for a call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom