Purvis' 6 Point Play | The Boneyard

Purvis' 6 Point Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Lethargic 3 pt attempt gets blocked, doesn't hustle back on D, half-asses the foul and gives up a layup. Finishes it off with a T.

Reaction Score
I don't care if he goes lights out from here on out... I can not stand Pruvis. He is not a Uconn player to me and should have stayed at NC State. Don't like his attitude or style.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I don't care if he goes lights out from here on out... I can not stand Pruvis. He is not a Uconn player to me and should have stayed at NC State. Don't like his attitude or style.

Tough pal. You and everyone else here are stuck with him and every other guy on the roster.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
That sequence with the missed drive and miss after the rebound summed up his night. Weak.

Two more years for him and there is hope but he needs a visit from Senhor and a heavy dose of toughness.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
There's no w in Boatright.

Reaction Score
How did Cincy get the ball on a double tech?

It wasn't a double tech. The sequence went:
1) Foul on the layup
2) Taunting tech on Caupwhatever
3) Technical on Purvis for the shove.

That's why they shot the free throws:
1) And one
2) UConn two for tech.
3) Cinci two for tech and the ball.

The foul shots will always tell you what the refs decided because they are always taken in the order that things happen. If one of the announcers said it was a double tech, they were wrong. It was two separate techs and you could hear the ref explain that to them when he said something about the order of the free throws.

EDIT: I was right that it wasn't a double tech, but the reason Cincy got the ball back is the contact from Purvis.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It wasn't a double tech. The sequence went:
1) Foul on the layup
2) Taunting tech on Caupwhatever
3) Technical on Purvis for the shove.

That's why they shot the free throws:
1) And one
2) UConn two for tech.
3) Cinci two for tech and the ball.

The foul shots will always tell you what the refs decided because they are always taken in the order that things happen. If one of the announcers said it was a double tech, they were wrong. It was two separate techs and you could hear the ref explain that to them when he said something about the order of the free throws.
That's stupid though because they called the T on Rodney first then caught Caupain in the review...ahhhh whatever.

Reaction Score
They said that taunting tech and physical tech have different penalties. The penalty for both is 2 free throws, but physical adds possession.

And by they, it must have been someone in the background audio because the commentators were clueless.

Reaction Score
That's stupid though because they called the T on Rodney first then caught Caupain in the review...ahhhh whatever.
I thought the same at first, but on the replay you could see the ref behind (Caupain) come running in to T him up as the shove happened. He then pointed at Caupain, and then at Purvis after to indicate both got technicals.

Reaction Score
Both announcers did not know why and one was Bobby Knight. We were due to have the ball on the and 1, but since our tech came last they got the ball? That don't seem right even if it is the rule.

Reaction Score
Both announcers did not know why and one was Bobby Knight. We were due to have the ball on the and 1, but since our tech came last they got the ball? That don't seem right even if it is the rule.

No

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Now THAT'S a scary as hell thought after Boatwright leaves....

You know what then, go jump on someone else's bandwagon then. Purvis was the least of our worries tonight and you have a post like that - idiot!

Reaction Score
The most offensive aspect of the whole thing was Bob Knight chiding Purvis for losing his cool.
Purvis is not a chump. He's not gonna let a dude talk like that. Bob Knight would have ripped Caupain's arms off and thrown them into the crowd in that situation.

Reaction Score
The only thing he did right in that sequence was push the kid out of his face. I'll take the technical, show some fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom