Purvis’ tweet | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Purvis’ tweet

Reaction Score
And look at what DHam is doing

Let's not get carried away here. DHam is leading the G-League with over 6 turnovers per game and has a negative +/-. He's the same Daniel Hamilton, just older.

Reaction Score
I'm going to disagree with that...he has certainly improved as a player...

Daniel Hamilton G-League Stats | Basketball-Reference.com

As any player improves as he gets older. I'm saying there is not a big jump from Ollie to non-Ollie to conclude that he failed to develop because of Ollie. As much as we are clucking about Ollie's offense not generating assists this year, Hamilton's assist rate went down from college to next year (but of course atmosphere of G League has something to do with that).

Reactions: pj

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
As any player improves as he gets older. I'm saying there is not a big jump from Ollie to non-Ollie to conclude that he failed to develop because of Ollie. As much as we are clucking about Ollie's offense not generating assists this year, Hamilton's assist rate went down from college to next year (but of course atmosphere of G League has something to do with that).

If that is the way you want to analysis the data I presented, that's fine.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Purview was the same player for three years. Now he's not?

He improved 2 points per game each year of his college career (not large improvements, but improvements). He doubled his steals per game average, doubled his assists per game average, and doubled his rebounds per game average from freshman year to senior year. And all of that improvement happened despite being on a losing team with few other options.

But if you say he was the same player... :rolleyes:

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
He improved 2 points per game each year of his college career (not large improvements, but improvements). He doubled his steals per game average, doubled his assists per game average, and doubled his rebounds per game average from freshman year to senior year. And all of that improvement happened despite being on a losing team with few other options.

But if you say he was the same player... :rolleyes:
I think the point was that his potential was limited by the offense. Plus it’s easy to stat stuff when your team is garbage.

Reaction Score
You guys can pile on all you want and have fun with it but he was able to do whatever he wanted as a player at UConn but was not capable of so many things. Amazing how many here disliked Purvis because they thought he was so limited and his handle sucked, he was a gunner and couldn't get to the hole blah blah blah but now that is on KO too? LOL I mean he got to the hole 100 times in 3 years and couldn't finish, missed lay ups, dribbled off his leg or his shot was blocked or he charged - is that KO's offense too? Please, you guys look like fools now adding what is already a questionable situation to why players weren't good while here. I love Rodney and stuck up for him when many of you were killing him, but he was given every opportunity to score and had plenty of chances but wasn;t all that good in traffic never was. Congrats if he's finally better, but I will go my way thinking there's a lot more space in the G League because they don't defend. Check the scores out - oh yeah you're right they'r better players LOL. Better players who don;t play defense and don't play zone to boot.

I mean he's not a good coach right now but this is ridiculous crap!

Reaction Score
Let's look at Hamilton and Purvis at UConn vs G-League stats:

Hamilton
UConn: 31.7 mpg, 11.7 ppg, 8.9 rpg, 4.7 apg, 2.4 TO/g, Assists/TO: 1.96, 38.4% FG, 33.7% 3Pt, 77.2% FT
GLeague: 32 mpg, 15.6 ppg, 8.3 rpg, 5.3 apg, 3.4 TO/g, Assists/TO: 1.56, 43.9% FG, 37.3% 3Pt, 77.9% FT

Purvis
UConn: 31.4 mpg, 12.8 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 1.9 apg, 1.7 TO/g, Assists/TO: 1.12, 41.0% FG, 36.0% 3Pt, 67.6% FT
GLeague: 38.5 mpg, 21.3 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 2.6 apg, 2.5 TO/g, Assists/TO: 1.08, 44.8% FG, 38.1% 3Pt, 84.6% FT

Now let's compare them to the average G-League player:
Average in G-League: 45.6% FG, 35.3% 3Pt, Assists/TO = 1.16

Hamilton and Purvis seem to be similar players in the G-League as they were at UConn, but both are scoring more as G-League games are generally higher scoring than college games as the G-League averages ~110 points per game. Hamilton is shooting better in the G-League and doing all of the other things like rebound and assist that he did at UConn. Purvis is shooting slightly better, rebounding about the same, and his assist/TO ratio still hovers around 1. Both players are shooting below the average G-League player, but both are shooting above the 3Pt% average. Hamilton is above average assists/TO and Purvis is below average on assists/TO.

By the way, both Hamilton and Purvis would have 100+ G-League players with higher 3Pt%, including Roscoe Smith and DeAndre Daniels.

We can debate if Ollie is a good coach or not, but Hamilton and Purvis are performing similar to the players they were at UConn in a more wide open game. I would expect their shooting percentages to improve as they focus full time on basketball.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom