polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
He deleted that super quick.

Reaction Score
It was just the "thinking" emoji.

Thinking_Face_Emoji.png

Reaction Score
Love Rodney Purvis. He's also one of the worst twitter follows you're going to find. He tweets cryptic stuff out all the time just like this that could refer to any number of things.

In either event, the assertion that Ollie held him back is asinine.
Not held him back. But did KO put him in the best situations to succeed? Did he utilize his talents to the full capability? Idk the answer but it’s fair to ask

Reaction Score
Whether Rodney was held back is besides the point.

It is stunning that a player would so openly suggest his former coach is clueless in public. And you combine that with the fact an entire recruiting class poised for big playing time in a critical year just transferred out, can it be ALL of these players that are the problem?

Reaction Score
He’s 3x the player in the G League than he was in college. Says something about KO’s offense in my opinion.

They play 3X less defense in the G League than they do in college. People now pinning Rodney's game to KO are just on a roll and it's ridiculous. He's a tweener who can't handle the ball in traffic and can't get a shot off going to the hole. Lot more space in the G League.

Give it up please it's so stupid!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Dham could’ve been doing that here last year and this year. Ollie gave him the keys. He didn’t want them.

Because he decided he wouldn’t develop here, and would learn more in the D league. He was right.

Reaction Score
They play 3X less defense in the G League than they do in college. People now pinning Rodney's game to KO are just on a roll and it's ridiculous. He's a tweener who can't handle the ball in traffic and can't get a shot off going to the hole. Lot more space in the G League.

Give it up please it's so stupid!
Also better players. But is every first year player averaging 22 ppg?

Reaction Score
Also better players. But is every first year player averaging 22 ppg?

Please Cardiac he had his great games and his rough games and he was never held back by anything but his inability to handle the ball. He was frustrating in the fact we saw he was a great athlete yet he was never able to do it in a game, no one stopped I'm from driving to the hoop and actually making a few, only he did. The fact we try to lay that one on KO is now reaching so low.

Good for him, move on please.

Oh and DHam has been almost averaging a triple double in that league for 2 years, if it was that tough to do you'd see him getting huge minutes at the next level I would think?

Reaction Score
Please Cardiac he had his great games and his rough games and he was never held back by anything but his inability to handle the ball. He was frustrating in the fact we saw he was a great athlete yet he was never able to do it in a game, no one stopped I'm from driving to the hoop and actually making a few, only he did. The fact we try to lay that one on KO is now reaching so low.

Good for him, move on please.

Oh and DHam has been almost averaging a triple double in that league for 2 years, if it was that tough to do you'd see him getting huge minutes at the next level I would think?
If so many of us agreed after today’s game that KO’s offensive schemes, or lackthereof, hold us back, why wouldn’t it be fair to assume that it has held past players back?

Reaction Score
If so many of us agreed after today’s game that KO’s offensive schemes, or lackthereof, hold us back, why wouldn’t it be fair to assume that it has held past players back?

I don't know maybe because he got the rim about 100 times in his career without finishing? And he shot a lot and was open a lot?

Reaction Score
Not held him back. But did KO put him in the best situations to succeed? Did he utilize his talents to the full capability? Idk the answer but it’s fair to ask

I honestly think he did. It's fair to question whether that was true of other players (like Brimah and Facey), but I don't know what conclusion you can come to on Purvis other than that he was really freaking inconsistent. We didn't ask him to iso, we didn't ask him to run high pick and roll all game, we didn't ask him to be Richard Hamilton or Jeremy Lamb. We asked him to be a 3 and D guy who could maybe occasionally drive and kick, run the floor, and run through some screens. The mistakes he made were purely mental. We joke about how many times he stepped out of bounds, but how many times did he travel, manage to lose the ball on the gather, or turn the ball over after turning down an open shot (which was probably his best skill as an offensive player)? These were not things that fall within the jurisdiction of the coach. Not only did Ollie put him in a position to succeed, but he put himself in a position to succeed. It just didn't happen for him for whatever reason.

That being said, we've missed him this season and I wish he was still here. Remarkably, he might have been the best three point shooter on this team.

Reaction Score
Ollie's alums have been posting cryptic stuff like that for a while, now. It's clear they're not fans.

Are we just not going to believe them until they buy a billboard on I84 or something? Read through the tealeaves a bit....

Reaction Score
Watching Rodney the last two years thought he was average at best. Thought he couldn't make it in G-League or in the top league in Europe.

He will get a cup of tea in the league at some point. Seems to me that's on Ollie. He did not show that here.

Hamilton was good here not nearly as surprised that he's having success.

Reaction Score
Ollie's alums have been posting cryptic stuff like that for a while, now. It's clear they're not fans.

Are we just not going to believe them until they buy a billboard on I84 or something? Read through the tealeaves a bit....

Something's wrong, something needs to changeo, because what we have is not working. we can all agree on that.

Reaction Score
Here are the facts:
1. Us fans complain incessantly that Ollie's offense sucks.
2. Us fans complain incessantly that Ollie does not develop players - Brimah, Purvis, others.
3. Purvis and DHam are doing better than expected in the NBA developmental league.

It's not too hard of an argument to make.

There was a bit of smoke on the horizon in 15, more in 16. Last year there was a steady stream of smoke on the horizon.

This year appears to be a wildfire.

I'm saying it here, not reactionary - been holding off for a long time . . .

If Ollie loses this team early, by which I mean the next 5 games, Benedict should sack him mid season. There are several good reasons for a mid season firing.

Reaction Score

Curious and to who and what has been posted. Can you be more specific?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom