Purdue And Zach Edey | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Purdue And Zach Edey

Reaction Score
This matchup could provide the old school battle of the star Centers (Edey vs Clingan). Ewing vs Olajuwon was the all time classic.

Topic for another day, but it will be interesting to see how Hurley manages Clingan's minutes in the postseason. We are obviously at our best when Clingan is on the floor.

Last edited:

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
There are teams that scare me more than Purdue. UCLA, Kansas, Arizona, Texas. Gonzaga may not have a great defense, but how does anyone stop them from scoring?

I dunno. Maybe ask Purdue?

Reaction Score
Certain people on this board will find it distasteful, but one way to neutralize him when we're on offense is to run Sanogo with a lot of pick and pop action and make Edey guard all the way to the 3-point line. That doesn't mean Sanogo needs to shoot a lot of 3's, but at least open up driving lanes for others for backdoor lobs, drive and kick, etc.

On our defensive end, make him earn it.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
And there goes Purdue. I like Edey and think this is a solid team overall, but I don’t think Purdue is one of the 5 best teams in the country, and probably isn’t one of the 10 best either.

Reaction Score
And there goes Purdue. I like Edey and think this is a solid team overall, but I don’t think Purdue is one of the 5 best teams in the country, and probably isn’t one of the 10 best either.

And after watching our Huskies Saturday as well as the 3 prior I’d feel the same about our rooting interest.

We’ve also seen them perform like one of the best 2-3 teams in the country. Let’s see how they look the next 3 games.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
And after watching our Huskies Saturday as well as the 3 prior I’d feel the same about our rooting interest.

We’ve also seen them perform like one of the best 2-3 teams in the country. Let’s see how they look the next 3 games.

UConn lost a close game on the road to one of the best offensive teams in the country, in a large part because of one of the stupidest technical fouls I have ever seen a coach get.

Purdue just lost to Rutgers at home. Rutgers. At. Home.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
UConn lost a close game on the road to one of the best offensive teams in the country, in a large part because of one of the stupidest technical fouls I have ever seen a coach get.

fwiw, KP had Rutty closer to Purdue than Purdue was to UConn. NET and KP both had Rutty in top 20 before this game.

IMO, the losing at home is a bigger deal than Rutgers.

Reaction Score
Not to be that person, but we have 2 national titles within the last 6 tournament appearances
Sorry, but I replied originally to a poster who said "Purdue has been knocked out by a lower seed in 4 of the last 6 NCAA tournaments." Appearances (one team's participation) is not the same thing as tournaments (all teams invited participate). Purdue has made it to the tournament the last 6 years more often and has better results. Anyway, Purdue lost tonight to Rutgers!

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Sorry, but I replied originally to a poster who said "Purdue has been knocked out by a lower seed in 4 of the last 6 NCAA tournaments." Appearances (one team's participation) is not the same thing as tournaments (all teams invited participate). Purdue has made it to the tournament the last 6 years more often and has better results. Anyway, Purdue lost tonight to Rutgers!

Are you really arguing that since I am a UConn fan I am not allowed to point out that Purdue is a tournament choke team?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
This matchup could provide the old school battle of the star Centers (Edey vs Clingan). Ewing vs Olajuwon was the all time classic.

Topic for another day, but it will be interesting to see how Hurley manages Clingan's minutes in the postseason. We are obviously at our best when Clingan is on the floor.

Alcinder v. Hayes at Astrodome would like a word with you.

Reaction Score
Edey has trouble with guarding away from the rim. AS could get by him and get to the basket at will.
Purdue's last possession, down one, they threw it to him twice in the low post and twice he threw it back out immediately without even taking a look at the basket. He wanted no part of the last shot.

That's the player of the year?

Reaction Score
Z
Purdue's last possession, down one, they threw it to him twice in the low post and twice he threw it back out immediately without even taking a look at the basket. He wanted no part of the last shot.

That's the player of the year?
Wow UConn fans see what they want to see. Don't dare add to the fact McConnell doubled down on him one of those times and Edey delivered a perfect pass to the guy he was guarding for a 3 that took the lead for Purdue with only seconds left? I mean my God we don't respect anyone but our guys. Sanogo would've forced the shot despite the double team, but that's ok because he's the preseason BE player of the year. LOL

Reaction Score

Purdue just lost to Rutgers at home. Rutgers. At. Ho

Rutgers beat Wake Forest by 24, Indiana by 15 this isn't a huge surprise at all. They had some head scratching losses as well i see that. Rutgers is a well coached team who plays hard as hell on the defensive end. And the play Steve Pikiell drew up to win the game was beautiful. He got the slow footed white kid Spencer open at the top of the key and he ball faked and drilled a three. We can't get Joey C open at the end of a game we're letting AJ "heave" 3'sd instead. Give the team it's due for crying out loud.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Rutgers beat Wake Forest by 24, Indiana by 15 this isn't a huge surprise at all. They had some head scratching losses as well i see that. Rutgers is a well coached team who plays hard as hell on the defensive end. And the play Steve Pikiell drew up to win the game was beautiful. He got the slow footed white kid Spencer open at the top of the key and he ball faked and drilled a three. We can't get Joey C open at the end of a game we're letting AJ "heave" 3'sd instead. Give the team it's due for crying out loud.

Seton Hall (1-3 in the Big East) says "hello". Last night's game was Rutgers' first road win of the season. Rutty was 0-3 on the road prior to last night. 6 of Rutgirls' wins are Quad 4 wins, meaning the Rut is 4-4 against Quad's 1 through 3, including last night's win over Purdue.

Rutgers is a decent team, but they are not a powerhouse by any means.

Reaction Score
Z

Wow UConn fans see what they want to see. Don't dare add to the fact McConnell doubled down on him one of those times and Edey delivered a perfect pass to the guy he was guarding for a 3 that took the lead for Purdue with only seconds left? I mean my God we don't respect anyone but our guys. Sanogo would've forced the shot despite the double team, but that's ok because he's the preseason BE player of the year. LOL
Has nothing to do with UConn fandom, that's a cheap way to frame your argument.

Spin it however you want, I saw I guy getting rid of the ball like a hot potato in the crunchiest of crunch times.

Reaction Score
Has nothing to do with UConn fandom, that's a cheap way to frame your argument.

Spin it however you want, I saw I guy getting rid of the ball like a hot potato in the crunchiest of crunch times.

Horrible comeback by you. The 3 that took the lead he dribbled into the post he was in NO rush, was doubled down and delivered a strike to the guy McConnel was supposed to be guarding - that's called very good heads up basketball by a post man, they took the lead. How the hell do you even call that "hot potato" do you know anything about the game? Your spin is inaccurate and lame, period!

Reaction Score
Seton Hall (1-3 in the Big East) says "hello". Last night's game was Rutgers' first road win of the season. Rutty was 0-3 on the road prior to last night. 6 of Rutgirls' wins are Quad 4 wins, meaning the Rut is 4-4 against Quad's 1 through 3, including last night's win over Purdue.

Rutgers is a decent team, but they are not a powerhouse by any means.
No one said powerhouse did they? But capable yes, they've proven it for a few years now. They're a lot better than Butler or GTown.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Seeing how a flu-addled/hungover/food poisoned Jack Nunge kicked our teeth in on Saturday I have no confidence we could do anything with Edey.

This is the only valid pro-Purdue point that anyone has made in this thread.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Seeing how a flu-addled/hungover/food poisoned Jack Nunge kicked our teeth in on Saturday I have no confidence we could do anything with Edey.
And you knew he was hungover how?
Did Bouk tell you?:p

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

You are someone who likes to look at all games "in depth" but missed this one. The T was just the icing and not a large part of why UConn lost.
They lost because DH got lost down the stretch and had a horrid line-up in there trying to close out a deficit. Even if the T was not called UConn was not coming back - that ship sailed

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
And you knew he was hungover how?
Did Bouk tell you?:p
He was one of the three. Once Xavier/Miller started getting flack for putting out a kid with the flu they said “he doesn’t have the flu just symptoms”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom