Pulling Adama | The Boneyard

Pulling Adama

Reaction Score
Danny yanked him after he ignored his teammates and then blew the dunk. Very JC move. Don't think Adama saw the floor after that.

Not a game that suited him. Buffalo collapsed around him and missing 10 of out first 11 threes made it worse. Sometimes it's not your night. A learning experience to be sure.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
If Sanogo puts his first two shots off glass, they go in, he makes his average and all is right with the world. Do I have to get in there?

Reaction Score
It’s a lot easier to pull him when necessary with such a quality back up. We played fine when he wasn’t on the court tonight. I’m expecting a solid bounce-back effort next game.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
So, I’m trying to understand the complaint here. A guy has the ball, past mid court, with no defenders between him and the basket, and one teammate maybe 4 feet ahead of him, and…he should pass? Why? That’s a higher risk play. We aren’t talking about a guy under the basket looking back for the pass. Nor a 2 on 1 where you pass to ensure a clean look.

He blew the dunk, but dunking wasn’t a bad decision. His lazy execution was the problem.

Reaction Score
So, I’m trying to understand the complaint here. A guy has the ball, past mid court, with no defenders between him and the basket, and one teammate maybe 4 feet ahead of him, and…he should pass? Why? That’s a higher risk play. We aren’t talking about a guy under the basket looking back for the pass. Nor a 2 on 1 where you pass to ensure a clean look.

He blew the dunk, but dunking wasn’t a bad decision. His lazy execution was the problem.
Disagree. Very easy pass to Newton and I’m much more confident in Newton not blowing that. A big handling the ball in that type of situation often ends in disaster. His footwork was all out of sync and he jumped from too far away. Newton wouldn’t make that error.

Reaction Score

I think he was still 35+ feet from the basket when he got the ball. I think Newton was 10’ ahead of him. Sanogo’s not a ball handler, Newton is. Give the ball up and either Newton scores or Newton sets Adama up for a nice little lob back to him for a dunk.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Disagree. Very easy pass to Newton and I’m much more confident in Newton not blowing that. A big handling the ball in that type of situation often ends in disaster. His footwork was all out of sync and he jumped from too far away. Newton wouldn’t make that error.
Maybe. I’ll need to rewatch it.

mrl2016

better late than never
Reaction Score
Agreed

Will need to see the replay but I believe Sanogo was behind half court at a full stop at newton near half court running forward

Watching it live it was very clear he should have dished it. Hence Hurleys speechless reaction and Andre motioning for Sanogo to pass it in the huddle

Reaction Score

You serious with this post? You always toss it ahead to the other guy. Glad Hurley sat him, that pisses off any coach.

Reaction Score
I didn't see all of the game, but I saw Adama make some classic Adama black-hole plays. Refuse to pass even after his initial move has been properly defended.

Not sure what DH does at this point. I don't think Adama is ever going to develop into someone who consistently finds open shooters. His initial move has to be stopped, then his next move.... and then maybe he may look for an open shooter.

With Clingan on the bench I can definitely see more benchings in Adama's future.

Reaction Score
I didn't see all of the game, but I saw Adama make some classic Adama black-hole plays. Refuse to pass even after his initial move has been properly defended.

Not sure what DH does at the point. I don't think Adama is ever going to develop into someone who consistently finds open shooters. His initial move has to be stopped, then his next move.... and then maybe he may look for an open shooter.

With Clingan on the bench I can definitely see more benchings in Adama's future.
Pre season BE POTY.
He will be going to the bench when he’s tired or in foul trouble.

Reaction Score

Not sure what DH does at this point. I don't think Adama is ever going to develop into someone who consistently finds open shooters. His initial move has to be stopped, then his next move.... and then maybe he may look for an open shooter.

When he gets into total black hole mode where it's hurting the team he needs to sit.

Hurley didn't really have that luxury last year where he could go to someone else.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
You serious with this post? You always toss it ahead to the other guy. Glad Hurley sat him, that pisses off any coach.
If he’s well ahead of you, of course. If he’s a step ahead of you, never. I need to rewatch it, live I didn’t think Newton was far in front. Still, the unselfish message is one Adama and the team needs.

Reaction Score

Not quite. He decided to dribble 3/4 court to get a dunk. He should have passed it 10’ (not4’) ahead to a guard.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Not quite. He decided to dribble 3/4 court to get a dunk. He should have passed it 10’ (not4’) ahead to a guard.
I confess I was reminded of a midnight Intramural game at UConn. One of our guys turned 21 so we were not sober for the game. Down about 50, the birthday boy gets a steal and dribbles 3/4 court. Nobody chases him, no trailer, we just watch. He throws it over the backboard on his layup attempt. The freshman girl who was our scorer was asked if we were drunk, and told them “no, they’re just really bad”.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom