PSU-PC | Page 2 | The Boneyard

PSU-PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I just did a google search and found this terrific first grade pic
628x471.jpg
628x471.jpg

I'm a big fan of this one from 5th grade.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
628x471.jpg

I'm a big fan of this one from 5th grade.
He should lose the mustache and grow the hair out. Why would his old school pictures be available on the net?

Reaction Score
Yea, I mean, We will see. As a PC fan you are always expecting the worst baecause of the past 10 years, but We'll see with Cooley at helm. All I do know is that even some of the more respected PC guys that have watched the team practice a lot are saying we have some real talent...legit top 25 type talent IF all the key pieces return; length, versatility, depth, talent all around.
And I do agree with your 3rd paragraph.

On Austin, who really knows. That was just my guess...I do know if this extends to the late signing period, PC can forget about him.

Bob you're a solid contributor from what I see..........as far as not having your full squad that does suck and it was noticeable how hard they laid it all out for Cooley (also noticed he needed a 4X shirt which was hanging down to his knees untucked LOL) and that is impressive. UMass and PSU are not very good, but nonetheless PC hung in there. You can ask how we would be w/o Bazz, Boat and Omar but even with your situation we can ask how you would be without your 3 "supposed" best big men, all of who we lost to transfers or NBA......there is no place for what if's as we will learn all year as fans, just go out and get "w's".........there seems to be a real nice future being set up at PC by Cooley let's see what happens. You are one of the few refreshing contributors from the Dunk so reality is you won't see a lot of people rooting for Cooley or PC from the BY!! Some will though.........

Austin - whether you have 1 PG or the Huskies have (they have 2) there's a place for him in both programs......Evans is playing lots of minutes and there's his spot for sure and I believe he can get many at the 3 also if he can score the ball like it seems. He will have no issues getting minutes in Storrs and quite honestly if I look at the players his size who have left each school and where they've ended up, this is a no-brainer. Not sure there' many Allen's, Rip's, Lamb's etc etc coming from PC.......but lucky for you some kids don't look at it that way!!!

Good luck Bob!!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Until UConn is invited into the ACC or some other conference PC is our brethren and not the scum like WV, Cuse and the double scum like ND and the million times scum like Pitt. Those are the programs I want to see flame out. Hope they become as relevant as BCU.

Reaction Score
Yes, i do agree. Although no more Calhoun, Uconn is still Uconn. But at the same time PC is certainly looking good next year and adding Austin would make them that much better.
I have no idea whats going on with this kid, i think he's having a tough time deciding. I also feel like he will have a very tough time saying no to either Cooley or KO...He calls himself a PG though, and Uconn has 3 PG's on it's roster next year while PC has 1. Who knows whats going on, but I'd say it's a coin flip...Hopefully we will know very soon, thought we would have by now.

NYC, i may have mixed you up with a couple of the posters at the top of the thread. Had a bunch of guys coming at me at once lol, My apologies
You sound like an old Brooklyn Dodger fan...."wait 'till next year"......So much can happen between now and next year. Like Ledo doesn't ever play. Or, he's vastly overrated. The other players, other than Dunn, well, who knows.
If Cooley doesn't have a good year this year (most likely) and gets off to a bad start next year do the wolves come out of the closet calling for his head?

Reaction Score
Mauconn, Good post and I agree...Thank you, same to you guys. NE basketball needs you guys to stay dominant, and It wouldn't hurt at all for PC to get back up there...URI is looking good with Hurley too, as a PC fan I'd love to see them be good.

Yonick, believe me, I know. The past 10 years, PC basketball is always all about "next year"...What I am saying, is that with Cooley at helm hopefully those things finally change...The pieces are certainly there.
And if next year in not THE year? Some fans will certainly start to get restless, especially because PC needs to start winning ASAP and all the pain we have gone through as fans.....I love everything that I have seen from Cooley so far. So I am sure some fans will start to get restless, but not this one. Cooley came into a complete mess here at PC, and there are so many obstacles being a HC at a school like PC playing in the BE. I believe that it takes more than 3 years to build a program(especially from where Cooley had to start), and please don't mention Keno...the guy was an absolute joke, and had no clue how to run a program. The guy never had a grip. How he got another D1 gig is beyond me.
Hopefully things start to go PC's way for once, LOL.

Reaction Score
How ignorant are you guys?
You do realize that PC played with 5 scholarship players, right? Dunn won't be back until Dec from his shoulder injury, Council is out for 3-6 weeks with a hammy injury, and Cotton rolled his ankle vs Umass last night so who knows when he'll be back.....Sidiki Johnson is eligible 2nd semester, and then Ledo, Desrosiers, and Harris are sitting for the year due to NCAA rules.
But look at it like this...Say Napier, Boat, and Calhoun all went down. Enough said.

Last night and tonight were some very painful ways to lose, but any college basketball fan who knows anything has to be giving Cooley and the friars big credit. Cooley can really coach, and those 5(+ 1 walkon) guys are staight up battling...Umass an PSU should be ashamed that PC had them both beat. PC entered a gun fight with a knife last night and tonight...The only ball handler we had tonight was Fortune and he is a freshman SG who is looking impressive.

Come BE play, if everyone is healthy, PC will be ok. Definitely will win games, No way they are finishing last I can tell you that. Bottom half looks wide open to me.

Talking Brandon Austin....Will be very interesting to see where he ends up. PC is looking good without him next year. Add him to PC's projected roster and that is a scary team. Hopefully we know soon.[/quote

Not ignorant at all. I am well aware of your travails but it doesn't change the fact that it was ugly out there. Excuse me if I take a wait and see approach with your impending juggernaut. We are in a similar situation but have managed to start 3-0 including ranked opposition. Further, the players we lost were known quantities, some who have championship rings another who left for the NBA (nothing to do with any rules) Your missing players are mostly unproven or those that will never suit up (Ledo). There are excuses for it but it was awful. With what we are losing from the Big East we need to some others to step up. It would be great if PC did but let's face it, history is not in their side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom