PSU-PC | The Boneyard

PSU-PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I believe it was Patches O'Houlihan who said "this is like watching a bunch of ret*rds trying to hump a doorknob". Holy , 16-14 at halftime and not getting a lot better in the second half. And there are recruits that are considering playing there?

Reaction Score
Brandon Austin originally gave a verbal to Penn State, it would make nonsense for him to choose another crappy team.

Reaction Score
How ignorant are you guys?
You do realize that PC played with 5 scholarship players, right? Dunn won't be back until Dec from his shoulder injury, Council is out for 3-6 weeks with a hammy injury, and Cotton rolled his ankle vs Umass last night so who knows when he'll be back.....Sidiki Johnson is eligible 2nd semester, and then Ledo, Desrosiers, and Harris are sitting for the year due to NCAA rules.
But look at it like this...Say Napier, Boat, and Calhoun all went down. Enough said.

Last night and tonight were some very painful ways to lose, but any college basketball fan who knows anything has to be giving Cooley and the friars big credit. Cooley can really coach, and those 5(+ 1 walkon) guys are staight up battling...Umass an PSU should be ashamed that PC had them both beat. PC entered a gun fight with a knife last night and tonight...The only ball handler we had tonight was Fortune and he is a freshman SG who is looking impressive.

Come BE play, if everyone is healthy, PC will be ok. Definitely will win games, No way they are finishing last I can tell you that. Bottom half looks wide open to me.

Talking Brandon Austin....Will be very interesting to see where he ends up. PC is looking good without him next year. Add him to PC's projected roster and that is a scary team. Hopefully we know soon.

Reaction Score
How ignorant are you guys?
You do realize that PC played with 5 scholarship players, right? Dunn won't be back until Dec from his shoulder injury, Council is out for 3-6 weeks with a hammy injury, and Cotton rolled his ankle vs Umass last night so who knows when he'll be back.....Sidiki Johnson is eligible 2nd semester, and then Ledo, Desrosiers, and Harris are sitting for the year due to NCAA rules.
But look at it like this...Say Napier, Boat, and Calhoun all went down. Enough said.

Last night and tonight were some very painful ways to lose, but any college basketball fan who knows anything has to be giving Cooley and the friars big credit. Cooley can really coach, and those 5(+ 1 walkon) guys are staight up battling...Umass an PSU should be ashamed that PC had them both beat. PC entered a gun fight with a knife last night and tonight...The only ball handler we had tonight was Fortune and he is a freshman SG who is looking impressive.

Come BE play, if everyone is healthy, PC will be ok. Definitely will win games, No way they are finishing last I can tell you that. Bottom half looks wide open to me.

Talking Brandon Austin....Will be very interesting to see where he ends up. PC is looking good without him next year. Add him to PC's projected roster and that is a scary team. Hopefully we know soon.

Providence College... where losing is winning.®

Reaction Score
I certainly agree that the umass pc game was more embarrassing to umass, exactly because of what you're talking about, pc being short handed. I think your roster is definitely looking good if it all comes together, it's just that when you're providence things don't usually come together. I'm all for pc being good btw, good for the big east and competition, where's Eric Murdoch at anyway? He should be asst coach

Reaction Score
UMASS and PSU clearly played down to the competition, but they still won. Sorry "close losses" to *ty teams don't mean jack on this board.

Reaction Score
PC is damn lucky they beat N.J.I.T 64-63 in their season opener

Reaction Score
Haha a couple typical responses from Husky nation. I don't even have anything agaisnt Uconn either, It's just that I do keep up with NE basketball and can't stand when a fan speaks with such ignorance about a team.
But like I said, How would Uconn do say Napier, Boat, and Calhoun all went down?

Reaction Score
Haha a couple typical responses from Husky nation. I don't even have anything agaisnt Uconn either, It's just that I do keep up with NE basketball and can't stand when a fan speaks with such ignorance about a team.
But like I said, How would Uconn do say Napier, Boat, and Calhoun all went down?

We'd win every game, Eleventy Billion - 0.

Reaction Score

Well, it's different. Our team was just decimated. Your team was just built. So losing our top four is a bit different. But youre also counting two guys that have never even played for your team in that four. Not sure why anything here could be deemed ignorant

Reaction Score

PC fans were the ones asking us if UConn would even be able to field a team this season with the mass exodus that took place lol

Reaction Score
Huh? That's totally irrelevant, that happened because Uconn broke NCAA rules and had a pathetic APR...My example is just to show you guys what PC is going through at the moment, and how you have to give them some respect.

And Ricky, I agree. Things do look great under Cooley, and I do feel the roster is more stabalized with a guy like him at helm...Hopefully the days of things not working out for PC are over. Next years team can be really, really good...Eric Murdoch, i forget what happened to him. Last I heard he was at Rutgers, but I think those days are over. Shammgod is part of the PC staff now as an under-graduate, FYI. Pretty cool.

EDIT- my response to NYC is to his previous post about the front-court leaving. Ricky, your buddy NYC is the definition of ignorance

Reaction Score
I think the overall point by most UConn fans is that it's tough to make a single argument for a recruit like Brandon Austin to go to PC over UConn at this point besides the fact that there could be a little more playing time available his freshman year. I'm not trying to beat down on PC. If someone said there is no reason for a top football recruit to pick UConn over Ohio State, Alabama, USC etc, than I would have to agree. Clearly a top recruit would have a great chance at starting as a freshman at UConn and will probably have to wait till there junior year to get playing time at Alabama, but you could say that about any lower level program. There's always more playing time available at lower level programs than there is at top programs.

Reaction Score
Huh? That's totally irrelevant, that happened because Uconn broke NCAA rules and had a pathetic APR...My example is just to show you guys what PC is going through at the moment, and how you have to give them some respect.

And Ricky, I agree. Things do look great under Cooley, and I do feel the roster is more stabalized with a guy like him at helm...Hopefully the days of things not working out for PC are over. Next years team can be really, really good...Eric Murdoch, i forget what happened to him. Last I heard he was at Rutgers, but I think those days are over. Shammgod is part of the PC staff now as an under-graduate, FYI. Pretty cool.

EDIT- my response to NYC is to his previous post about the front-court leaving. Ricky, your buddy NYC is the definition of ignorance

Bob, if you can read you will understand that my posts in this thread are 100% factual.

Reaction Score
I think the overall point by most UConn fans is that it's tough to make a single argument for a recruit like Brandon Austin to go to PC over UConn at this point besides the fact that there could be a little more playing time available his freshman year. I'm not trying to beat down on PC. If someone said there is no reason for a top football recruit to pick UConn over Ohio State, Alabama, USC etc, than I would have to agree. Clearly a top recruit would have a great chance at starting as a freshman at UConn and will probably have to wait till there junior year to get playing time at Alabama, but you could say that about any lower level program. There's always more playing time available at lower level programs than there is at top programs.

Yes, i do agree. Although no more Calhoun, Uconn is still Uconn. But at the same time PC is certainly looking good next year and adding Austin would make them that much better.
I have no idea whats going on with this kid, i think he's having a tough time deciding. I also feel like he will have a very tough time saying no to either Cooley or KO...He calls himself a PG though, and Uconn has 3 PG's on it's roster next year while PC has 1. Who knows whats going on, but I'd say it's a coin flip...Hopefully we will know very soon, thought we would have by now.

NYC, i may have mixed you up with a couple of the posters at the top of the thread. Had a bunch of guys coming at me at once lol, My apologies

hungry husky

Currently Hungry
Reaction Score

PC will never be more than a minnow in the Big East.

caw

Reaction Score
Yes, i do agree. Although no more Calhoun, Uconn is still Uconn. But at the same time PC is certainly looking good next year and adding Austin would make them that much better.
I have no idea whats going on with this kid, i think he's having a tough time deciding. I also feel like he will have a very tough time saying no to either Cooley or KO...He calls himself a PG though, and Uconn has 3 PG's on it's roster next year while PC has 1. Who knows whats going on, but I'd say it's a coin flip...Hopefully we will know very soon, thought we would have by now.

NYC, i may have mixed you up with a couple of the posters at the top of the thread. Had a bunch of guys coming at me at once lol, My apologies

I'm not sure if PC is actually looking good. Henton is a solid piece. Cotton could be a good bench player, solid fifth starter on a NCAAT at best. Council is graduating.

Ledo may or may not be one and done. Dunn, DeRosiers, Harris, Johnson are all unproven players. More talented than most PC recruits but of course I do remember PC fans jumping up and down and proclaiming how UConn recruiting sucked because PC grabbed some kid named Coleman and UConn was stuck with a tiny little Lamb.

Point being, until they hit the court and show it, all PC has proven is that they can recruit others scraps and a few late bloomers and one ineligible hometown kid who also committed to your previous coach.

That all said, I have a ton of respect for the 5 guys on the court, they are fighting.

As for Austin, UConn does have 3 PG's and PC has 1, and yet he's still 50/50 at best for PC. That should tell you something.

hungry husky

Currently Hungry
Reaction Score
Awesome

628x471.jpg

I'm a big fan of this one from 5th grade.

Reaction Score
Yea, I mean, We will see. As a PC fan you are always expecting the worst baecause of the past 10 years, but We'll see with Cooley at helm. All I do know is that even some of the more respected PC guys that have watched the team practice a lot are saying we have some real talent...legit top 25 type talent IF all the key pieces return; length, versatility, depth, talent all around.
And I do agree with your 3rd paragraph.

On Austin, who really knows. That was just my guess...I do know if this extends to the late signing period, PC can forget about him.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure if PC is actually looking good. Henton is a solid piece. Cotton could be a good bench player, solid fifth starter on a NCAAT at best. Council is graduating.

Ledo may or may not be one and done. Dunn, DeRosiers, Harris, Johnson are all unproven players. More talented than most PC recruits but of course I do remember PC fans jumping up and down and proclaiming how UConn recruiting sucked because PC grabbed some kid named Coleman and UConn was stuck with a tiny little Lamb.

Point being, until they hit the court and show it, all PC has proven is that they can recruit others scraps and a few late bloomers and one ineligible hometown kid who also committed to your previous coach.

That all said, I have a ton of respect for the 5 guys on the court, they are fighting.

As for Austin, UConn does have 3 PG's and PC has 1, and yet he's still 50/50 at best for PC. That should tell you something.

But if he goes to uconn he gets 10 times more exposure than pc, that's what's confusing. And those point guards can do other things, and they'll be off soon. Unless this kid thinks he's a one and done there's little reason to go to pc (unless its coaching situation, which is obviously a real concern if you're a recruit trying to sign early, sigh)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom