OT: - PSA's Desmond Claude to Commit 3:30 Today | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: PSA's Desmond Claude to Commit 3:30 Today

Reaction Score
“I chose Xavier because It was just the best overall fit for me,” he said. “For one, they win a lot and have other good freshman guards coming in too along with experienced bigs. I’m really comfortable with the coach where he will allow me to develop as a point guard. If it takes two, three, even four years to pop off I trust that coach wouldn't recruit over me every year and help me develop as a pro.”

“They’ve just been doing what they normally do and my parents and I have been really taking a close eye on my top three schools,” he continued. “Once we did more research I thought Xavier was the best. They kept reaching out and building a relationship and all that good stuff.”

Reaction Score
“I chose Xavier because It was just the best overall fit for me,” he said. “For one, they win a lot and have other good freshman guards coming in too along with experienced bigs. I’m really comfortable with the coach where he will allow me to develop as a point guard. If it takes two, three, even four years to pop off I trust that coach wouldn't recruit over me every year and help me develop as a pro.”

“They’ve just been doing what they normally do and my parents and I have been really taking a close eye on my top three schools,” he continued. “Once we did more research I thought Xavier was the best. They kept reaching out and building a relationship and all that good stuff.”

Sorry to break it to you, Des, but if Coach can recruit a player that's good enough to take your playing time, he will do so.

Reaction Score
I don't understand why we didn't at least recruit him. The guy can obviously ball and I don't care how many point guards we have, go after him. He will probably torch us next season and beyond.

Reaction Score
Claude got his first high-major offer on June 18th 2021 (Boston College). Prior to that, he was getting offers from A-10, MAAC, NEC and Patriot teams.

UConn offered Corey Floyd in 9/2019 and he committed in 1/2020.

UConn offered Rahsool Diggins in 12/2019 and he committed in 7/2020.

UConn offered Jordan Hawkins in 4/2020 and he committed in 8/2020.

UConn offered Stephen Castle on June 19th 2021 and he committed in November.

Based on all these timelines, it seems totally reasonable why UConn didn't offer Claude. Claude is a late riser and we already had three guards committed well before he was getting high-major offers. I can't see why Claude would even consider coming here w/ Diggins, Hawkins and Floyd a year ahead of him.

No way I see this as "our bad" in recruiting...we didn't have space for him after swift and dilligent work from our staff providing a robust '21 class and a nice start to the '23 class.

Reaction Score
Right. CT high school ball has become so remarkably uncompetitive I wouldn’t feel comfortable just taking the player of the year every year. Even NY, NJ has dried up a bit. The talent now is in the south and west cities like Atlanta and Houston. Need to get our brand to a point where we can recruit nationally again.
We went into GA and got Castle. That was a huge pickup. Just as Hawkins was down in Md

Reaction Score
Calling it now.

Desmond "EFfinnnggggg" Claude

Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF

Reaction Score
Dunn, waters, Mitchell, Drummond are/were very good college players

Too early on Mac and Don

Delaire and Enoch have been solid rotational pieces.

Just saying.
Waters was a miss, no doubt about that. Jaiden seems like he settled in well at Stanford, that’s family for me. He comes from a good family of athletes that’s for sure.

Reaction Score
Waters was a miss, no doubt about that. Jaiden seems like he settled in well at Stanford, that’s family for me. He comes from a good family of athletes that’s for sure.

Waters wasn’t a miss Wade at LSU won that battle and we know that kept us out of those sweepstakes. Pretty simple.

Reaction Score
Waters wasn’t a miss Wade at LSU won that battle and we know that kept us out of those sweepstakes. Pretty simple.
Yep. That one stings though. What a great player he was at LSU. We really needed him too.

Reaction Score
Don't understand why we were never even slightly involved here.
DH so much wants to be as successful as JC that he needed to have his own Ryan Gomes..........
This kid is going to haunt us for the next four years. Look how he's risen in the rankings and the schools that offered.

Reaction Score
Claude got his first high-major offer on June 18th 2021 (Boston College). Prior to that, he was getting offers from A-10, MAAC, NEC and Patriot teams.

UConn offered Corey Floyd in 9/2019 and he committed in 1/2020.

UConn offered Rahsool Diggins in 12/2019 and he committed in 7/2020.

UConn offered Jordan Hawkins in 4/2020 and he committed in 8/2020.

UConn offered Stephen Castle on June 19th 2021 and he committed in November.

Based on all these timelines, it seems totally reasonable why UConn didn't offer Claude. Claude is a late riser and we already had three guards committed well before he was getting high-major offers. I can't see why Claude would even consider coming here w/ Diggins, Hawkins and Floyd a year ahead of him.

No way I see this as "our bad" in recruiting...we didn't have space for him after swift and dilligent work from our staff providing a robust '21 class and a nice start to the '23 class.
I disagree. There's always room, and a 6'5" guard who handles the ball well can play three positions. When have we won championships when we didn't have a bevy of guards who can handle, pass, shoot and defend?

Look at what SMU did to a much bigger Memphis team the other night. No one in SMU's starting five over 6'5" and no one in Memphis' starting five under 6'5".

As far as him not considering coming here, he even said in his quote that one of the things that attracted him to Xavier was the number of good guards they have.

In the end, we'll know how good or bad DH's decision not to recruit DC will turn out in the next several years. We can only hope he has a nice career and we somehow don't let him beat us down as Gomes did.

Bost4

Mr. to you...
Reaction Score
This was in an article by Jeff Jacobs about a month ago.

Desmond Claude, the 6-5 guard from New Haven playing at Putnam Science, has become better known in recent months after getting offers from the likes of Xavier, Louisville and now Kansas. Yet beyond recruiters, who knows his game? UConn never really got involved and one reason may be his chilly relationship with UConn’s other major 2022 commit Alex Karaban.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
This was in an article by Jeff Jacobs about a month ago.

Desmond Claude, the 6-5 guard from New Haven playing at Putnam Science, has become better known in recent months after getting offers from the likes of Xavier, Louisville and now Kansas. Yet beyond recruiters, who knows his game? UConn never really got involved and one reason may be his chilly relationship with UConn’s other major 2022 commit Alex Karaban.
What is this Real Housewives? That sounds to me like someone desperate for clicks

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom